HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Ninja H2 Street Model Photo Revealed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted October 06, 2014 09:25 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 6 Oct 2014 17:27
Kawasaki Ninja H2 Street Model Photo Revealed

The Street version of the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2 was revealed today. With minimal effort the masking of the bike was removed digitally to show the bike as we now we now see it. For more detailed information and photographs visit http://www.h2ninja.com

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 06, 2014 09:29 AM        

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 06, 2014 09:30 AM        

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 06, 2014 09:30 AM        
jesus h christ look at those cans looks like Brock is back in business!

Brock

Sponsor
posted October 06, 2014 10:56 AM        
THANK YOU KHI for the fugly exhausts!

BTW, the wheels are horrible in person also... rather vintage "comstar" Honda-ish. I see a bunch of our carbon wheels going out the door for these.

The rest of the bike is amazing. At least the H2 race version I viewed in Germany. The carbon (assuming it is true carbon) looks flawless, especially the 'mirrored' finish applied. The bike is small, like a ZX-10, but looks to pack the punch of a ZX-14R on nitrous. Should be Stupid Fast, for certain.

Brock

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Brock's homepage. 
sailUSVI

Expert Class
posted October 06, 2014 12:25 PM        
How much for the street version?
  Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 06, 2014 12:44 PM        
From my live reporting:

Brock Davidson reporting from the Intermot 2014 'Press Day'. The big news of the day is the release of Kawasaki's well-hyped Ninja H2. While technical information from Intermot 2014 is minimal at best, the race version, of the Ninja H2, on display is certainly stunning. With a host of new features (both for Kawasaki and in the industry,) ranging from wild aerodynamics, to a billet-laser cut impeller in the supercharger, Big Green has made a big statement, "We are capable of making a premium product, the likes of which the industry has never seen before." Even though "That information hasn't been released," and "We will know more at EICMA (the Italian trade show in November)," were the words of the day, we were able to obtain some information:

There will be street-legal as well as race-only versions.
There will not be a production limit; however, as with any made-to-order machine, natural limitations may occur.
No pricing has been set on either version, although the 'made to order' Ducati Desmosedici did come up in a conversation about the street version.
The bikes will be available for order through Kawasaki dealers

Brock

Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 06, 2014 12:54 PM        
quote:
THANK YOU KHI for the fugly exhausts!

BTW, the wheels are horrible in person also... rather vintage "comstar" Honda-ish. I see a bunch of our carbon wheels going out the door for these.

The rest of the bike is amazing. At least the H2 race version I viewed in Germany. The carbon (assuming it is true carbon) looks flawless, especially the 'mirrored' finish applied. The bike is small, like a ZX-10, but looks to pack the punch of a ZX-14R on nitrous. Should be Stupid Fast, for certain.

Brock

Come on Brock you can't tell the difference in real PrePeg carbon after looking at all those BST wheels for all these years now? That carbon was the real deal 2x2 twill weave PrePeg vacuum bagged and cooked in an Autoclave! Easy to tell look at the seams where the different pieces meet up.. Only PrePeg can be laid that perfect. It's impossible for any human to lay wet carbon that perfect it's just impossible to deal with the wet weave and keep it from twisting. Hasn't BST given you a tour of their shop? My good friend and Carbon God Han's Debot of Debotech in Moorsville NC toured me his shop a few years back and schooled me on how to tell real carbon from junk in .0001 second or less.. The H2R is real deal Carbon..

Brock PLEASE make some pipes geared towards road racing as well as your normal drag stuff. Currently you are the only pipe supplier that seems to be interested in selling pipes that aren't priced in the OZONE! I need a nice pipe for a Generation1 ZX10R that looks nice and makes great power, with ground clearance that will allow for cornering... What do you have Sir? I'm so excited about this new H2 being so fast that I'm building an outdated 10R to GUT everyone of them I came across.. Beating the latest nand greatest is always more fun when you're suppose to be old and slow.... both bike and rider.. LOL!!!

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 06, 2014 01:26 PM        
I want the H2R model myself.. I agree with Brock on the wheels also they look like PUKE in a pile! What were they thinking when they went single sided swingarm and nasty looking wheels? Neither appeal to much of anyone so far. Since tire changes don't ever come into play anywhere except endurance racing and the double sided stuff is every bit as fast today as the single sided set ups no one seems to be using that design except Ducati. The coolest looking single sided set ups were made by Greg of Gregs customs. He made some really neat looking tubular designs that looked very trick. BST also makes a carbon single sided swingarm they sell for the Ducati loyalist. They also make some nice carbon triple trees that very few people are aware they make. I really would like a set of those myself.

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 06, 2014 02:29 PM        Edited By: Brock on 6 Oct 2014 22:31
Gunner,

I have been to South Africa and toured the BST factory myself, I'm quite familiar with carbon. The H2 looked TOO perfect in person...almost like plastic in some places. I hope our friends in Japan take that as the highest compliment, if indeed the bike is 100% prepreg.

We make a host of early ZX-10R systems, all are suitable for high bank-angle cornering as well as drag. Not sure if you know, but we have championships in WERA using our exhaust systems also. Our Alien Head is our most popular. Check our site for more details.

Brock

Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 06, 2014 03:06 PM        Edited By: Gunner on 6 Oct 2014 23:08
quote:
Gunner,

I have been to South Africa and toured the BST factory myself, I'm quite familiar with carbon. The H2 looked TOO perfect in person...almost like plastic in some places. I hope our friends in Japan take that as the highest compliment, if indeed the bike is 100% prepreg.

We make a host of early ZX-10R systems, all are suitable for high bank-angle cornering as well as drag. Not sure if you know, but we have championships in WERA using our exhaust systems also. Our Alien Head is our most popular. Check our site for more details.

Brock

I figured you had toured that factory.. As trick as BST is and they are trick they are youngsters in the carbon game compared to giants like KHI and many other aircraft based industries. Don't get me wrong I love BST for no other reason that they make parts for my peoples! LOL The close up pictures I seen looked to be PrePeg stuff to me BUT Brock YOU WERE THERE NOT ME so you're opinion is based more on facts than mine on this particular model.. Still come to Tennessee and I'll gladly be your host for a week full of riding. I'll feed you well while you're here as well. You'll see plenty of places to use that 300 Hp and light weight package..

On the topic of header pipes.. Brock can you produce a pipe that looks like the one on the H2R? That's a sexy looking pipe there..

Ignore this member   
customface

Parking Attendant
posted October 06, 2014 05:23 PM        
The bike looks very stealth. I agree the exhaust is really ugly.
  Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 07, 2014 06:07 AM        
Gunner,

Maybe on the H2 race exhaust. It looked pretty cool, about the same size as our StreetMeg, with a slash-cut. It had a full opening with a 'bit' of baffling inside, crazy loud, I'm sure.

We made a 3" diameter (land speed) prototype baffle for our StreetMeg exhaust once, it was not only loud - it had a crazy sound... almost like two, 2-cylinder bikes - rather than one 4 cylinder bike going down the track?. We never produced that baffle, due to the 'strange' tone.

Brock's StreetMeg (with 3" baffle) at Gainesville

Brock

Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 07, 2014 07:52 AM        
Brock those Meg exhaust remind me of the 1980 Kerker exhaust...I know it seems I can't be satisfied on this topic and I guess I am too picky.. You know Brock the cops will ticket a Sport Bike for loud pipes yet never say anything to an HD for loud pipes. HD's can roll right up next to a cop with straight pipes and they'll look over and wave at the Harley rider.. The good ol days past we ran about without any baffle in Meg style pipes and got by with it..

Ignore this member   
FOTIS

Novice Class
posted October 07, 2014 07:31 PM        

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 07, 2014 08:29 PM        
Ouch.... that's damn near worst case pricing. And very close to what fish heard.

Pretty funny though, hiding the dealer number but leaving the order number visible... pretty easy to track down what dealer (and customer) it is from the latter.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted October 07, 2014 08:38 PM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 8 Oct 2014 04:39
So much for ownership. Guess freek wins the he was right award. Kawi basically has nothing new for 2015 if this is the case

Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 08, 2014 08:30 AM        
That's the R model which anyone with a brain knew was going to be that much... It's the NR 750, The Ultimate Ducati that I can't even pronounce the name of... It's trick but it's not OVAL PISTON trick! That said it's hard to say in today's money what the NR 750 would sell for either... Again with that said I have damn near that much in my ZX12R at this point... 4 years of rehab and building a new company from scratch has given me a long time to dump money into that thing for sure.. The way I justify it is by NEVER allowing myself to total the tickets because if I did I wouldn't spend another penny.. It's mine though and there's not another one on the entire planet that's it's equal so I guess it will all be OK in the end.. I still want one of these maybe I'll hit the lottery soon! LOL!!!

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted October 08, 2014 08:32 AM        
I wonder how much if any the dealer intends on marking up the price??...hhhmmmm

That's one hell of a price tag!!!

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 08, 2014 09:07 AM        
quote:
I wonder how much if any the dealer intends on marking up the price??...hhhmmmm

That's one hell of a price tag!!!

Shit you know they'll go cost PLUS, PLUS, PLUS!! and they'll sell out at that price.. Posers will pay whatever they have to pay to feel like they're the fastest or the trickest in town... I can't wait to race one with my built Generation 1 10R... That will result in a 60K river of tears for sure..

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 08, 2014 01:54 PM        
I spoke to a Kawasaki dealer today, they said their district rep told them to expect the street version to come in around $40K... They had no idea on the race version.

I also know someone who has actually ridden the race version and has an honest speed: "I can't wait to race one with my built Generation 1 10R... That will result in a 60K river of tears for sure.." Sorry, not the case. Their multi-billion dollar company and fleet of engineers will trump you, if they decide that's what they want to do, and it looks like that's that case.

Of course, time, and real people... with real bikes, will tell the tale.

Brock

extremelean

Pro
posted October 08, 2014 04:47 PM        
quote:
I spoke to a Kawasaki dealer today, they said their district rep told them to expect the street version to come in around $40K... They had no idea on the race version.

I also know someone who has actually ridden the race version and has an honest speed: "I can't wait to race one with my built Generation 1 10R... That will result in a 60K river of tears for sure.." Sorry, not the case. Their multi-billion dollar company and fleet of engineers will trump you, if they decide that's what they want to do, and it looks like that's that case.

Brock

So Brock......that someone who rode it wouldn't happen to be Jeremy Toye... would it???

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 08, 2014 07:59 PM        
No
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 08, 2014 10:13 PM        
quote:

Brock

Oh yee of little faith! I'm not intimidated by their engineers boss man.

Let's look at this without the rose colored glasses and with oprn minds Brock.So big brother sellls a 200 Hp 40K street bike that weighs what? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they come in at 375 WHICH THEY WON'T but let's say they do. It's going to be heavily hampered by all that dive by wire garbge and eletronics to make it idiot proof as possible. They already saying the street going esion willl be much loser to 200 Hp than 300 so it sounds like 200 to me.. What mkes you say a properly built and lightened to the hilt Gen 1 10R can't whip it's ass if it's not got any more power than that? Careful Bock are you trying to talk me out of that second set of BST's that I'm using on said 10R? I've always liked a challenge almost as much as I like beating little rich boys that think money can buy them my talent and experence. Nothing makes me more angry than that because it's basically someone thining this 30 plus years of my life that I've given to this sport can be had in one afternoon and a fist full of dollars. When reality is it' a DEVOTED LIFETIME and every spare minute of time and dollar you have. They haven't printed enough money yet for that to happen. Not to say my talent or skills are superior to yours but money can't buy little Johny past a real competetor although many have tried over the years and went to school on their new whoopie sickle with a broken heart! LOL I just saying they better give that tird some more beans if they expect to be top dog with it... Race model at 300 sounds plenty but 200 isn't jack since there's several bikes making more than that now that cost a fraction of what that thig is rummored to cost. If we think the talk in hee is slow on the thing wait until the 40K price tag hits the sales floor and slow will get a new definition!

That rumored 40K price tag best hope it's a rumor only of the 12R sales will proably make this thing look like a no seller!! Surely Kawasaki hasn't gone that far towards INSANE!

There was a time that I to was easily impressed but I've lived long enough that I've met all my heros that are still living. That sorta takes the steam out of what it is inside a man that impresses him. John Force is my last remaining hero and he's a darn minget ( no disrespect to midgets intended) but for years and years he was 10 foot tall and bullet proof in my eyes. So I learned there are no heros just people no different than any other. That said Kawasaki's team of engineers don't impress or intimidate me

Ignore this member   
Brock

Sponsor
posted October 09, 2014 07:49 AM        
Gunner,

Of course, I'm not talking about a restricted street version with an idget at the controls. Here at Brock's, we pride ourselves at understanding and embracing the factory constraints (emissions, noise, etc)... so that we can eliminate them and allow the bike to function properly. Look at Racheal Johnson's 212 MPH blast in 1.5 miles on a stock engine/all bolt-on 14R in 2012. Or Lee Pritchard's 8.40's in the 1/4 mile, also all bolt-on (pump gas). Give me a 300 hp, supercharged machine that's as light as the race version appears... and we are going into the 7's (or damn close). And prolly 220 ish... All bolt-on. Are you?

I'm sure the 'street' engine is simply a detuned race version. No hard parts (pulley? electronics?) - we will have them making MORE power than the 'out of the box' race version in short order... that's what we do here.

Brock

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Ninja H2 Street Model Photo Revealed NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28535103797913 seconds processing time