HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 2007 zx10r for my first bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: 2007 zx10r for my first bike
projectfineline

Parking Attendant
posted December 10, 2012 06:41 AM        
2007 zx10r for my first bike

Hello forum.

I have the oppurtunity to purchase a zx10r for an incredibly low price.
The bike has 1k miles, never downed, no mechanical issues.
I'm 33 years old. A sober bartender and accomplished musician. I've owned nothing but sports cars over the years. In my late teens/early 20's I had broken just about every minor traffic law California has. In my 'old age' (lol) I've learned to slow it down and respect the road, the laws and other drivers (and riders , my father's been riding his whole life with his friends and continues to do so =) )). I see guys pulling beside me in their hopped up rides, trying to goad me and my '95 300zx into a race - I just smile, wave and let them pass on by, shaking my head in reminiscence at what an idiot I used to be on the road.

I've read the articles and forums concerning this topic, but most of them seem to be answering the question, as asked by younger, potentially more reckless guys.

Let me just say outright
-Of course, I will purchase and always wear safety gear.
-Of course I will respect, even fear, the bike and not be dropping elbows, doing stoppies, wheelies, or any other stunts for a good looooong time..if ever
-My friend has a 500cc I can ride, learn and 'experiment' with
-I intend to take sport bike classes
-I will not ride this bike in the rain for a good looong time, if ever
-I will not ride this bike on the crazy Los Angeles Freeways, or in crowded parts of the city for a good long time

My aim with this bike is to purchase it, for the screaming good deal, and leave it parked for the most part, untill I've built up to it on my friend's bike. I will however, want to ride it around my suburban neighborhood, maybe a few trips to the market, bank, or the barber's here and there for a good while, before I take it on the freeway or downtown.

All that being said...zx10r for a first bike/good investment in general???
Also, I don't want to debate on whether or not the asking price is a good deal. It is to me, and I know what KBB is for this bike, in it's current condition and that's all I feel really needs to be said here about that.
Thank You Guys and Gals for Your Time.

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted December 10, 2012 09:05 AM        
You answered all your own questions...Your already SCARED of it.Forget about a bike.If you have to ask the world then you don`t have what it takes.Stay in 4 wheels.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
projectfineline

Parking Attendant
posted December 11, 2012 01:23 AM        
zx12mark, I use the term 'fear' associated with RESPECT for the power of the bike. I see a lot of riders in these forums who claim a lot of experience, who claim at times they are still 'a little scared' of their 10s, 12s, 14s and even their 750s...should they ditch those bikes on your 'e'pinion?
Hell, my Mustang, Rx-7 and 300zx 'scare' me sometimes, though, I'd have it no other way, and it only reaffirms the need for respect for those machines.
What I'm looking for are either "There's absolutley no way you should consider a zx10 as your first bike, no matter how much repect you give it"
or "If you follow the guidelines you've set for yourself and listen to the wisdom of other riders and take it veeeerrry slow for awhile, you'll be fine with that bike."
Thank You

Ignore this member   
Kneeburner

Expert Class
posted December 11, 2012 05:25 PM        
Its good to have a healthy respect for what you ride. It will keep you out of trouble. The 06-07 ZX10's are not the best model years for this particular bike. The seating position is really cramped and they were not the best handling ZX10s and the undertail exhaust will roast your butt. Still if its a good price most of that stuff can be fixed......

Ignore this member   
TripleXZX

Parking Attendant
Living to ride
posted March 27, 2013 09:59 PM        
Guess this guy didn't buy jack? Lol. Seems to me he had the right idea though!
TripleXZX
2001 Champions Edition R6

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 2007 zx10r for my first bike NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.210854053497 seconds processing time