HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Purchased Hamaguchi NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Davo10R

Parking Attendant
posted April 26, 2012 10:33 AM        
Purchased Hamaguchi

Hi, for those of you that have not moved on to the newer generations I figure I would post what the Hamaguchi full system looked like. I can say the weld's are perfect. The quality is better than the Akropovic I had on my 04 which was stolen. That is why I am buying a full system so late in the game for my 05 anyway. The primary header tubes step up almost immediately from the exhaust port unlike some of the other brands out there so it should flow very well. It will definitely need a map. Primary tubes are 1.509 in or 38.48mm. At the first merg they step up to 1.778 in or 45.22mm. At the final merge it starts at 1.975in/50.17mm then steps to a final diameter of 2.38in/60.61mm. Just in case some of you want that info. The whole system weighs about 9.5 pounds. The can is very well made and it is better built than my Akropovic Titanium can. The perforated mesh on the inside of the can is a tad thicker with slightly bigger holes but does not have the rough feel to it like the Akro from the punch process. Anyway I'm not trying bash the Akro as its a nice system but just trying to let you know its very high quality. So for those of you that may need a full system for your Gen 1 its a great buy. Especially since you can no longer get an Akro or Ti Force. At $749 its a steal. As I said in a previous post you can get them at Motorcyclecarbs.com...they had 6. Dynoman performance had one for $779 and OPP performance had one on eBay for $900, was $1349. Hope this helps those who might need a little more HP from their older but loved first Gen.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Purchased Hamaguchi NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.429451942444 seconds processing time