HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: The New 2011 ZX10 is the REAL DEAL!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
RickeyG

Novice Class
posted March 21, 2011 12:01 PM        
The New 2011 ZX10 is the REAL DEAL!!

Kawasaki claaim of this being the Rocket Ship that they are so heavily promoting has been substantiated! All the worries of the recall and them removing power because some Euro bikes accidently got thru to the US is all documented BS!

Here is a bike that made 162 hp stock and 171 with secondaries removed just went 9.09 with just a Brocks slip on, and a bazaaz box, and race gas, lowered and geared........THATS IT! Still restricted US ECU.

Ignore this member   
1adam12

Expert Class
posted March 21, 2011 03:35 PM        
DAMN!!
  Ignore this member   
RickeyG

Novice Class
posted March 22, 2011 06:20 AM        
It is the same bike I dyno'd in Daytona on pump gas and a slip on and made 178hp. Absolutely nothing else! The bike only has 100 miles now and still has break in oil. Absolutely no tricks whatsoever!

Now it has MR12 and a Bazaaz box, with a Brocks slip on. Every since I installed the Bazaaz it has been stuck in medium power mode. I was running it in medium not full, which is supposed to limit power. Its even hard for me to comprehend that it will run faster, but I sure would like to see what it will run in FULL power mode!
That would absolutely explain why no matter how I played with tuning, it would max out at 153 with me and JT on it, yet he ran 3 mph faster at the eighth mile.

Hmmmmm, I think I just figured out why it didnt run faster speed with him on it!

Just an fyi, as you will see in the upcoming issue of Cycle World, I ran 155mph in PHOENIX with 1800ft altitude, withe the power mode set on full with the exact same mods as my bike.

Anybody know what power difference the Gixxers make between medium and full power mode?

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 22, 2011 03:38 PM        
The new zx10 may run good with aftermarket help but it is really down on HP from the
factory. It was tested at Evan Steel Performances dyno same day as a BMW S1000RR
and was down 22 ponies from a stock Beemer. No sale Kawasaki .

Ignore this member   
RickeyG

Novice Class
posted March 22, 2011 08:11 PM        
not very much activity on this site I see.

moving on i guess..

Ignore this member   
RickeyG

Novice Class
posted March 22, 2011 08:15 PM        
quote:
The new zx10 may run good with aftermarket help but it is really down on HP from the
factory. It was tested at Evan Steel Performances dyno same day as a BMW S1000RR
and was down 22 ponies from a stock Beemer. No sale Kawasaki .

I guess you never saw the memo about the US ZX10's being restricted 22hp from the factory?

Ignore this member   
Wheelie High

Novice Class
Neal
posted March 23, 2011 08:31 AM        
AND HE'S DOWN!!.... S1000RR HAS BEEN CAUGHT WITH AN UPPER CUT!! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,----- HE'S OUT! S1000RR IS OUT!!! LMAO.... Naah Rickey there's plenty of activity!... Just no responses! LMAO... Suckaaaaas!! Jumped on the Beemer Bandwagon and talk'n shit about Kawasaki has now turned into complete silence and a loss for words! I knew this ZX10R would be everything it was being told it would be because I know Kawasaki. It may cost a little more to unleash the power but its always well worth it! Now what I "REALLY" want to know is what does "Brock" have to say about the ZX10R??! Has that Chester Cheetos grin dropped any yet??! LOL . I love the numbers and it just keeps getting better! Are you getting a race ECU from Kawi or getting that one flashed and when can we expect to see that happen? Thanks for the update!

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 11:09 AM        
You love the numbers Wheelie? 22HP down is huge . AS for straight comparison to the Beemer the Kaw is not getting any wins. MCN did a track and street test BMW won.
Motorcycle.com did a one on one with just the BMW and the new Kaw andn the Beemer won. Motorcyleusa.com just finished there track test no win there either. So what are you
claiming the ZX10R has done?

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 11:20 AM        
As for the memo Rickey yea I heard thats why I didnt buy one.
If BMW can make their US bike compliant why cant Kaw?
this is my first Beemer but the bike runs great right off the floor.

Ignore this member   
garth285

Expert Class
200+mph 2011 ZX10r
posted March 23, 2011 12:44 PM        
Hmmm guess my post earlier didnt go threw.

The power modes on this bike control the secondary throttle plate openings but I dont believe they changed timing maps between F, M , and L mode so since you have the secondarys out already you should be good to go.

Kawi pulls 8* timing out of these bikes compared to EURO ECU specs so you will pick up some good power with the flashed ECU.

Are you guys gunna get the ECU flashed? If so by who?

I have my ECU fl;ashed from guhl motors, even with the secondarys out already you pick up some good power.

If you guys needed a flashed ECU asap I'd send you mine lol...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit garth285's homepage. 
Famous1

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 03:01 PM        
quote:
You love the numbers Wheelie? 22HP down is huge . AS for straight comparison to the Beemer the Kaw is not getting any wins. MCN did a track and street test BMW won.
Motorcycle.com did a one on one with just the BMW and the new Kaw andn the Beemer won. Motorcyleusa.com just finished there track test no win there either. So what are you
claiming the ZX10R has done?

It's 22hp down in stock form and 20lbs lighter...... for less than a grand you can have the 22hp back and still be 20 lbs lighter....... +1 for the kaw..

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 04:15 PM        
Its 16 lbs lighter , but even the euro version is down on HP to the Beemer.
As for uncorking the Kaw its not fair to compare a modded kaw to stock BMW..
The beemer loses weight and gains HP with a pipe and mods just like any other bike.
The base version I bought cost the same as a base Kaw, why should I have to buy their
product and then make it competitive.Kawasaki should send us a bike ready to go, not a
starting point for a project.

Ignore this member   
Element

Parking Attendant
posted March 23, 2011 04:42 PM        
To me it's weight, setup and engine character and sound that matters to me, not peak power, top speed or 400m time. This bike has all that covered as well though.

My inflation debased 2c

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 04:46 PM        
Which bike Element ?
  Ignore this member   
achevalier

Parking Attendant
posted March 23, 2011 04:55 PM        
Well seem that the beemer is a better bike, better motor AWY, more over sqare, can spin higher rev. Better valve actuation system. With same money invest as for Kawasaki you even get more power.

Kawasaki miss the train this time. The 2011 for motor and transmission is an evolution not a revolution, as the beemer was in 2010.

I'm not going to change my mod first gen zx-10r, but if I was I'll buy the beemer big time, it's a better engineered bike period.

In this very competitive sector of super sport, you don't get a second chance to be first, you are or you're not. Got to wait next year to see the new beemer, and Suzuki or even Honda.

BMW got more money for R and D and even for racing money. So I'M VERY DISAPOINTED MYSELF ABOUT THE NEW ZX-10R.

So next year will see, but this year the beemer rules. Is the price difference between the zx-10r and beemer worth it......

YES.

Ignore this member   
TNCHIP

Expert Class
posted March 23, 2011 05:21 PM        
Price diff is about $200.00 dollars and you get a 3 year warranty with the Beemer
that you would have to pay extra for with the Kaw.
I hope Kawasaki spent there R and D cash on a super strong new ZX14
I love my current ZX14 but you can always enjoy more ponies.

Ignore this member   
Element

Parking Attendant
posted March 23, 2011 05:30 PM        
quote:
Which bike Element ?

Sorry, 10R of course!

The only advantage the Aussie beamer has is the integration of quickshifter, ... quickly negated by the extra $4,000 AUD

Ignore this member   
Wheelie High

Novice Class
Neal
posted March 24, 2011 07:54 AM        
Thanks guys I just wanted to show that you are here and paying attention!.... I'm amazed at how the definition of a modded bike has changed lately.....*#?!... Come on folks don't get all new with "ish" now! And who give an "ish" about what the magazines say when they're mostly if not already biased anyway! Besides, the real world is proving them wrong! I do admit that Kawi goes to the extreme when restricting their bikes but you and everybody knows its restricted so hell yes BMW gets an off the floor win over the ZX10R without a doubt! BMW looked waaaay down the road when they designed the S1000RR and they have a power plant that'll last forever and they can simply make adjustment and improve what's already there. But admit it! Kawi came with a restricted bike and when its not restricted its a kick ass bike PERIOD! Electronics, power to weight, looks, etc etc etc.... I'd love to have a BMW S1000RR but I have to say it would come 2nd to the ZX10R on my purchase list and I'm waiting to see if the 2012's will come restricted the same as the 2011's. Hell I love BMW's,. My wife has a V8 5 series car and
I have the 4.8L X5 truck so don't think I have something against BMW. Kawi just wins for me.... Oh yeah, we have Nissan's too though! LMAO

Ignore this member   
Wheelie High

Novice Class
Neal
posted March 24, 2011 08:10 AM        
Oh yeah! Even Brock of Brock's Performance admits that its not a fair comparison between the BMW S1000RR and the ZX10R with the 10R being restricted! Now tell me "he" doesn't love the S1000RR!! But he'll be making a comparison between the two soon and I trust him over the magazines and that cracked pot Motorcycle Calgary or whatever they're called. They admitted to F'n up the long awaited dyno test and "still" hasn't redone one yet!.... Now I wonder why is that??..

Ignore this member   
garth285

Expert Class
200+mph 2011 ZX10r
posted March 24, 2011 08:19 AM        
I haven't seen a stock motored BMW go 201mph yest :-) my 2011 did :-D
Element

Parking Attendant
posted March 24, 2011 04:12 PM        Edited By: Element on 25 Mar 2011 00:21
quote:

Just wondering Garth, was that also stock gearing? Or down one on the front?

Edit: damn, I just saw your video and datablogger used and gears

Ignore this member   
garth285

Expert Class
200+mph 2011 ZX10r
posted March 24, 2011 07:44 PM        
yeah was -3 in the rear :-)
grego12r

Parking Attendant
posted March 31, 2011 07:00 PM        
quote:

lol dude u realy r full of shit put your bike back to stock and go race the bmer s1000 its much better then zx10 now kawi f top this time big time for making slow and ugly bike

Ignore this member   
IMFASTTOO

Zone Head
posted March 31, 2011 07:11 PM        
WHO CARES about 200mph ?
  Ignore this member   
garth285

Expert Class
200+mph 2011 ZX10r
posted April 01, 2011 05:36 AM        
quote:
quote:

lol dude u realy r full of shit put your bike back to stock and go race the bmer s1000 its much better then zx10 now kawi f top this time big time for making slow and ugly bike

I'm not a magazine so I could care less about stock vs stock, the bmws are beasts stock and kawi restricted theses bikes heavily in the US, no doubt the bmw will beat the 10r in stock forum, with a slipon and tuning my 2011 beat a bmw in the 9/10ths and he had a full akro and pcv. I know there are faster bmw's to race but I'm really not to worried about them.

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: The New 2011 ZX10 is the REAL DEAL!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.45871901512146 seconds processing time