HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Rumored to Announce All New 2012 ZX-14 Soon NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted March 15, 2011 04:53 PM        Edited By: Editor on 16 Mar 2011 00:24
Kawasaki Rumored to Announce All New 2012 ZX-14 Soon

Rumors surrounding the redesign of Kawasaki's flagship ZX-14 gain traction as MCN throws their hat in the ring claiming a feature story on the new machine will be published in their March 16th issue.

A strong competitor in the marketplace, Kawasaki's ZX-14 replaced their iconic ZX-12R and has held its own against Suzuki's Hayabusa without a ground-up redo since its inception.

Rumored changes include traction control and other ZX-10R inspired kit. ZX-14 fans will have to wait to see if Kawi delivers for the upcoming 2012 model year.

You can find out more about the ZX-14 by visiting the World's largest ZX-14 community at ZX-14.com.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
nabrxx

Needs a job
posted March 15, 2011 05:54 PM        
That's it?....kind of a tease no?....

Ignore this member   
gilberjj

Needs a job
Friend of Fast
posted March 15, 2011 06:49 PM        
Probably just traction control. I hope I'm wrong.
  Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted March 15, 2011 06:57 PM        
It sounds like it is going more towards sport/touring...doesn't sound like it is losing weight or gaining peak power.
  Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted March 15, 2011 07:04 PM        
Ok, I'm not trying to sound negative here, and I actually hope i'm wrong and Kawi actually gives us the redesign we've all been waiting for............but I have to call em like i see em.........the fact that the only change highlighted is FU%^n Traction Control tells me Kawi is totally out of touch with what its loyal customer base REALLY wants..............We dont buy big bores because we want traction control and want them neutered in the first 3 gears.........thats like buying non alcoholic beer for a college keg party!!!

The majority of the Bikes both street and dirt I have owned have been Kawi's........ever since I was a little kid Kawasaki has always been the brand for horsepower junkies they almost always had the meanest rip snorting beast around because they KNEW that was what their loyal customer base REALLY wanted............from when I was little I always dreamed of getting an H2 2stroke or A GPZ 1100 or GPZ 750 Turbo..........the fact that nowadays Kawasaki feels its ok to to only be just as fast as the competetion or cowtow to French bureaucrats or doochebag Senators trying to limit horsepower rather than their loyal customers speaks volumes as to why the Busa is kicking their ass in sales.

Kawi needs to return to their roots and build something that is so far ahead of the competition that EVERYONE wants one, they can underrate the horsepower if they want like many of the 60's muscle cars did but I think they should just say FU$% the bureaucrats and build the baddest bike around and and let public demand take care of everything else if France bans it let the horsepower junkies import it via the black market or build it neutered but easy to derestrict.......but the fact that Kawi is focusing on CRAP like traction control, slipper clutches, it is neutered in the first 3 gears, restricted on top speed and has a 1 piece block that is difficult and expensive to upgrade tells me they dont have a clue what their customers REALLY want!!!

Ignore this member   
epd345

Pro
posted March 15, 2011 07:33 PM        
I would like traction control and ABS as long as it can be turned OFF at the flick of a switch!!!

Ignore this member   
dakota9498

Pro
posted March 15, 2011 07:50 PM        
quote:
I would like traction control and ABS as long as it can be turned OFF at the flick of a switch!!!

Who cares if it can be turned off? It is still extra weight and an option that the vast majority of the ZX14 buyers will want no part of.

Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted March 15, 2011 07:54 PM        
I'd like to see it stuffed into a ZX-10 frame..................plus if I would not be asking too much, maybe just 10 extra ponnies.

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted March 15, 2011 07:55 PM        
Extra weight and likely extra COST for an option the majority of riders want no part of..........they should be putting that R&D into horsepower thats something many WOULD be willing to pay for!!
  Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted March 15, 2011 09:15 PM        
OH GOODIE TRACTION CONTROL .. No need for slider clutches no more .. haha

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted March 15, 2011 11:24 PM        
I thought I just read a day or so ago that is was the same 14 with these new options? Cant wait to find out!
Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted March 15, 2011 11:35 PM        
Found it, Took from MCN
Kawasaki to launch ultra-sophisticated ZZR1400
By Andy Downes -
New bikes
11 March 2011 16:42

Kawasaki will launch an ultra-sophisticated new version of the ZZR1400 which will take all of the latest electronic rider aids from the ZX-10R and bigger GTR1400 tourer.

The new ZZR1400 will get the advanced K-ACT ABS braking system and K-TRC traction control systems along with some engine work to boost the mid and low range power along with making it more refined.

You can read the full story in next week’s MCN on sale on March 16.

Flies pulled, 16-42, BMC street, 8" extensions, drag shock, cut pan, Cycle Concepts Drag Pack and springs, muzzy m14 w/ oval can, lowered, Shinco usoft rear, pcv with autotune, leightweight Shori 18ah battery, throttle meister. 500lbs at bandimeres scales with half tank of juice.

Ignore this member   
zx14fan

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 12:00 AM        
quote "I have to call em like i see em.........the fact that the only change highlighted is FU%^n Traction Control tells me Kawi is totally out of touch with what its loyal customer base REALLY wants.............." Do you really thing kawasaki is out of touch with what people want?Do you realize that this company is global and what makes them a succes is the fact that they do understand what people want.If they didnt understand how long would this company stay in this biz?Maybe not on this site there not all what people want but the world over I think they have what the majority of people want.The japanese are very intelligent I dont think most people have a clue what it takes to build something like a zx14 from the ground up because there easy to modify but over all much thought gos into the engineering and whats cost affective.
  Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 12:52 AM        
So those of us who want more power and less lip stick and purse holders are a dwindling breed?

Ignore this member   
INTIMIDA2OR

Needs a life
RED rider!
posted March 16, 2011 02:25 AM        
Interesting!

*Lee*

Ignore this member   
wrongway

Pro
posted March 16, 2011 05:34 AM        
quote:
Found it, Took from MCN
Kawasaki to launch ultra-sophisticated ZZR1400
By Andy Downes -
New bikes
11 March 2011 16:42

Kawasaki will launch an ultra-sophisticated new version of the ZZR1400 which will take all of the latest electronic rider aids from the ZX-10R and bigger GTR1400 tourer.

The new ZZR1400 will get the advanced K-ACT ABS braking system and K-TRC traction control systems along with some engine work to boost the mid and low range power along with making it more refined.

You can read the full story in next week’s MCN on sale on March 16.

shit ...that sounds like variable cam timing like the concours.

Ignore this member   
atldude

Expert Class
Working on it...
posted March 16, 2011 05:48 AM        Edited By: atldude on 16 Mar 2011 12:50
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/277464/Spread-3.jpg I wonder if this is a photoshop project.

Here's the link to the issue overview: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/March/mar1511-new-mcn-march-16/

Ignore this member   
Phantom13

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 07:24 AM        
At least Kawasaki doesn't do us like Suzuki and give us nothing but "Bold New Graphics" every year. Hahaha

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Phantom13's homepage. 
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 07:45 AM        
quote:
quote "I have to call em like i see em.........the fact that the only change highlighted is FU%^n Traction Control tells me Kawi is totally out of touch with what its loyal customer base REALLY wants.............." Do you really thing kawasaki is out of touch with what people want?Do you realize that this company is global and what makes them a succes is the fact that they do understand what people want.If they didnt understand how long would this company stay in this biz?Maybe not on this site there not all what people want but the world over I think they have what the majority of people want.The japanese are very intelligent I dont think most people have a clue what it takes to build something like a zx14 from the ground up because there easy to modify but over all much thought gos into the engineering and whats cost affective.

Ummm yeah so I guess thats why the Busa is outselling the ZX 14 substantially...............like I said I dont want ABS or traction control or a bike that is neutered in the first 3 gears........needless to say I wont be buying a new bike for a long time till they build what I want.

I'll just keep my 2006 ZX 14 and modify it like KAWI should!!

Ignore this member   
ZX14Mike

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 08:21 AM        
Wow who'da thunk it............most ZX 14 customers dont want more power and lighter weight, they want traction control and ABS ...............funny I always thought it was the other way around where the customers told the manufacturer what they want not the manufacturer telling the customer what they really want.

Bottom line with 10%-20% of the country unemployed or underemployed motorcycle sales wont see a significant increase unless the manufacturer offers something groundbreaking that people REALLY want.......people are just not buying new cars or motorcycles every year or every other year like they used to............and ABS, traction control and neutering a bike in the first 3 gears is something the people who buy Goldwings, Concours and FJ1300's want not big bore ZX 14 or Busa riders thats a different market.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted March 16, 2011 08:40 AM        
I think it's all really conjecture until we see something concrete from Kawi

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Y2KZX12R

Needs a job
CompetitionCNC.com
posted March 16, 2011 08:43 AM        

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Y2KZX12R's homepage. 
RICH CRAFT 1

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 09:09 AM        
Well for me I want to thank Kawi for not making it hard on my pocket book! Right now a guy can go buy a used 06 for $5000 and put $5000 in paint and motor work and have a mid to low 8 second bike that looks and runs better than a new one. On the other hand if they put the ZX10 head on the 14 and bumped it up to 1500cc that would cause me to have to buy a new bike! Thank you Kawasaki for keeping it simple.

Ken

Ignore this member   
Ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 09:34 AM        
This post looks sooooooooooooooooo similar to the one I posted 5 days ago...

http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=60568&set_time=

Ignore this member   
3000psi and falling

Zone Head
posted March 16, 2011 09:41 AM        
quote:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/277464/Spread-3.jpg I wonder if this is a photoshop project.

Here's the link to the issue overview: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/March/mar1511-new-mcn-march-16/

That has to be a photoshop job, first impression is it's cheesy, and it has lost it's predator styling to trying to look like a track bike.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Rumored to Announce All New 2012 ZX-14 Soon NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.737661123276 seconds processing time