HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Which Year ZX-10??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
JSmooth

Expert Class
posted February 02, 2011 07:34 PM        
Which Year ZX-10???

Which year of the ZX-10 do you all consider the best year ever for this bike and why?

Ignore this member   
K Bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 03, 2011 10:52 AM        
I had an original 1989 offering of the ZX10 (started in '88). It set a nasty standard but I would hesitate to call it a "sportbike". Probably more of a sport/touring. None-the-less, excellent bike, but it was a tank. Loved it and kept mine for many years.

The new release in '04 set another standard of nastiness and cool styling. Definetly a sportbike. Big power, lightweight, decent handling, and fast in the right hands. Brakes were a little weak. I really like the style of it as well (and black of course was the nastiest of them all). Still have mine and probably won't part with it.

The change for the 06-07 model was a step backwards. Tamer, heavier, styling left a lot to be desired, dual undertail mufflers (yuk....). It was somewhat of a subjective mistake...

The 08-10 model was much improved. Essentially a better version of the '04-05. More power, better handling, better brakes. Really a nice package. Styling was improved as well, but still not as nasty looking as the 04-05 model. Turn signals on the mirror stalks though.... Not too sure about that one. Almost added one to the personal collection.

The '11 model just really seems to have brought the entire ZX10 package together. Power and technology seem to work in harmony and your able to take advantage of all of it. Styling looks very nice. It appears to have caught up and evolved into the bike every Kawasaki guy expects for a 2011 purchase consideration. I would really like to add one to the personal stable.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
Wheelie High

Novice Class
Neal
posted February 07, 2011 05:30 PM        
Well, I had a friend who had an original ZX10 back when we were in our teens in the late 80's and we thought it was the "ish" until the ZX11 came out! I had an 82' 550 LTD and wanted a ZX10 so bad! Fast forward 15yrs and I got my hands on an 05' ZX10R and I loved it!! I modded the hell out of it and decided to part ways after a wonderful love life she and I shared! LOL... I purchased an 09' ZX10R after a long study of the bike and figured it would be everything I wanted.... And it is! Its made up the way a super sport should be without the foolproof gadgets to save your ass from looking like an ass when you make a mistake. Plenty of power and with a worry free engine that responds to every mod! I LOVE IT!!! Even the freakish mirrors and headlights have grown on me! Well, mirrors gotta go!! It slides, it spins reaches for the sky it raises its tail!!!..... Damn its the best one yet! Love the looks of the 2011 but the restriction and still limp midrange that sends you to the aftermarket to fill it in just makes me hugg my 09' even tighter! I sold the 05' but this one is here to stay!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 09, 2011 03:45 PM        
the 04 is my personaly favorite. Kawi hit the mark with sytling and power IMHO in that model year... it may not have been perfect, but it had character. As memorable as any Italian bike.

that's my pick.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted April 02, 2011 04:15 PM        
quote:
the 04 is my personaly favorite. Kawi hit the mark with sytling and power IMHO in that model year... it may not have been perfect, but it had character. As memorable as any Italian bike.

that's my pick.

I agree....still have mine.....all stock motored, only real changes I made to it were Traxxion AK20 kits and an Elka shock. It has Woodcraft covers just incase. and of course, the AP carbon slip on....

Ignore this member   
Kneeburner

Expert Class
posted April 15, 2011 03:47 PM        
I have the 04 and 08 ZX10 the 04 is my track bike. I really like both bikes the 04 feels slimmer and a bit smaller than the 08. The 04 motor has a more viceral feel to it with a lot of low and midrange grunt. The 08 motor just feels super smooth like a vacumn cleaner no matter where you are in the power band its just smooth and pulls cleanly to red line. I found at the track the 04 requires a smooth throttle hand to apply all that torque on corner exit and requires more effort to pick the bike up on corner exit also. Its close but I will have to give the win to the 04 based on that super manly motor......

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted April 18, 2011 04:05 PM        
I had the orig 88 ZX10 and it replaced my 85 900.
But the 05 ZX10 which I still have is my favorite. They fixed the shifting issue the 04 had and made the Green brighter. The best part is it is a very raw bike, the way I like it. The newer ones had been tamed.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted April 21, 2011 03:25 PM        
quote:
I had the orig 88 ZX10 and it replaced my 85 900.
But the 05 ZX10 which I still have is my favorite. They fixed the shifting issue the 04 had and made the Green brighter. The best part is it is a very raw bike, the way I like it. The newer ones had been tamed.

I fixed the shifting issue on my 04.....I added Vortex rearsets....shifts PERFECTLY.....lol

Ignore this member   
slicksz71

Parking Attendant
posted July 28, 2011 12:50 AM        
well i just bought my first nike and it is a 86 zx10r most people start on 250 starter bikes not me i went straight to a 1000
  Ignore this member   
bigdtd

Needs a job
Interceptors
posted September 07, 2011 08:18 AM        
hold on tight! my favorite until the 2011 came out was the 2005, quite a beast!
2006 Black ZX-14,6 inches over,16/42, flies out,BMC Street Filter,Brock's Street Meg,Brock's Radial Mount Strap,PClll with Race map,Dynojet LCD w/Techmount, ZX-14 fender eliminator,Pilot Power2CTs,Speedohealer,Pazzo Levers,Cox Radiator Guard, Garmin Nuvi 265WT

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Which Year ZX-10??? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.627603054047 seconds processing time