HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Poll... Which 10R is the best? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 23, 2008 12:08 PM        
Poll Question:
Poll... Which 10R is the best?

with so many versions to try from, what's your opinion as the best 10R to get?

Poll Results:
 22 votes (63%)
04-05

5 votes (14%)
06-07

8 votes (23%)
08-09

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 23, 2008 12:09 PM        
my personal favorite still remains the 04... IMHO it set the standard for raw, lightweight literbike performance, and it's looks awesome...

anyone else care to go?

Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2008 12:31 PM        
I still love my 05.... I can't see why I would ever get rid of it.... Still the king after nearly 5 years

Ignore this member   
jarhead

Expert Class
posted November 23, 2008 04:46 PM        
Sold my 04 several years ago and still regreting it. When the cash is available I will have another. The newer versions are cool but the 04 was unrefined, unpolished , an unapologetic. That bike was the best adrenaline rush I have ever owned.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 23, 2008 07:09 PM        
quote:
Sold my 04 several years ago and still regreting it. When the cash is available I will have another. The newer versions are cool but the 04 was unrefined, unpolished , an unapologetic. That bike was the best adrenaline rush I have ever owned.

My 05 has yet to fail to give me a HUGE smile every time I ride it.. I love the thing so much I'm going to give him all new body panels and more power this winter..

Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted November 23, 2008 09:05 PM        
I have ridden each generation of ZX10R.....and I like the looks and handling of the first gen the best. If I couldnt have an 04/05...I would want the new 08.....the 06/07 was not my favorite, It felt tame compared to the first gen, and doesnt handle any better. and looks like ass......lol

Ignore this member   
NinjaNick

Needs a job
'08 ZX14 (Blue)
posted November 24, 2008 02:59 PM        
I voted '04-'05.
  Ignore this member   
K Bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted November 24, 2008 04:56 PM        
'04-05 was simply nasty and nothing subtle about it. I won't get rid of mine. I think it debuted at the perfect time when we needed a nasty 1000cc class bike to liven up the class.

The '06-07 was......., somewhat of a mistake in a lot of areas for a 2nd gen.

The '08-09 is really a much better package all around. I think the "3rd gen" is what a 3rd gen should have turned out like.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
Lucky Lo

I gotta go....
posted November 25, 2008 09:39 AM        
quote:
'04-05 was simply nasty and nothing subtle about it. I won't get rid of mine. I think it debuted at the perfect time when we needed a nasty 1000cc class bike to liven up the class.

The '06-07 was......., somewhat of a mistake in a lot of areas for a 2nd gen.

The '08-09 is really a much better package all around. I think the "3rd gen" is what a 3rd gen should have turned out like.

+1
I couldn't agree more with Kerry. I've attempted to sell my '05 twice and (thank God!) couldn't do it. There's just nothing like it. Scares the bajeezus out a me and keeps me on my toes, LOL.
It's the only street bike, to date, I've crashed/totaled (threw her down the back straight at Willow around 90, DOH!) and she came back to life even better. The only thing better than a factory made ZX10 is my hand built ZX10. Still stock but shifts tighter and runs stronger. Not to mention all my Bling...
As far as the new ZX10's I was not so impressed with the '06-'07 either. Too tame for my liking.
I have had the opportunity to put a few hundred miles on the '08 and '09 now and ... almost sold the '05 again! It's a sweetheart! All the power. Feels lighter and smaller, lower center of gravity. For me, it felt more controllable and I was much more confident and smooth through the turns. I would be inclined to trust this bike more and potentially over ride my ability. I passed on buying one ... for now... maybe next year.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 25, 2008 08:51 PM        
The 04 / 05 will be in the history books for years and years to come.. Lucky Lo are those Corsa IIIs on your 10R? I've went thru two sets of them and love them..

Ignore this member   
Lucky Lo

I gotta go....
posted November 25, 2008 10:06 PM        
Why yes Mr. Gunner they are
Good eye. Corsa III, best yet for me too. Second set this year!

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 25, 2008 10:13 PM        Edited By: Gunner on 26 Nov 2008 05:16
Only thing about them is they are VERY VERY tall indeed and require a reworking of your sprockets to keep everything the way you had it before... I love that tire !!!!!!!!

I measured Roll out on every time out there last year in the 180/55 size and these are by far the longest roll out.. The Pilot Powers are the shortest.. No wonder people like them..... Installing those is like dropping a tooth up front.. They think it's the tire making their bike feel better but in fact it's the new lower gear they enjoy.... It takes power to pull the CorsaIII.... 10R KIND OF POWER !!!!! YEA BABY !!

Ignore this member   
Lucky Lo

I gotta go....
posted November 25, 2008 10:20 PM        
Yup.. me too nice planted feeling. If I'd had those tires 2 years ago I probably never would have low sided... ah, who knows, it was bound to happen eventually, LOL. I got off easy.
Wish we had those tires on the 14... !!! That would be AWESOME!

Ignore this member   
11UTE

Parking Attendant
posted November 25, 2008 10:31 PM        
like my 04 but have been thinking about a 08 latley
[img]http://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2008/11/16/bikepics-1484215-800.jpg[img]

Ignore this member   
11UTE

Parking Attendant
posted November 26, 2008 12:09 AM        

Ignore this member   
Lucky Lo

I gotta go....
posted November 26, 2008 12:12 AM        Edited By: Lucky Lo on 26 Nov 2008 07:13
Ah... good Ol Burt Munro, are you in Invercargill ?

Ignore this member   
11UTE

Parking Attendant
posted November 26, 2008 12:44 AM        
yes from invercargill
  Ignore this member   
WRECKSHOP

Expert Class
posted April 08, 2009 01:23 AM        
The 06-07 models are faster and alot stronger than the 04-05 models...All you have to do is go to Ivans Performance Products website and he has all of the Dyno's for each models including the 08 models as well. The 06 made more power and has alot better spread of power and a flatter torque curve than the 04-05 models. The 06-07 models made more horsepower than the 04-05 and more torque than 08-09 models which tells you it has more nut in it and it's horses are alot stronger than the rest of the other models.....I've ridden all three of them and this is my conclusion....But all in all they all are very fast and powerful Ninja's as far as i'm concerned....And that little bit of extra horsepower, torque, and 5-6 pounds lighter or heavier give or take it all comes down to the rider.....Just my .2 cents
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted April 08, 2009 03:22 PM        
the 04/05 was still easier to ride fast, than the 06/07....

Ignore this member   
dragon rider

Novice Class
Dragon Rider
posted April 09, 2009 08:24 AM        
Love my 08. I had an 05, loved that too. Not a fan of the 06-07. Handles odd compared to the others. 05 power comes on early but peaks earlier than the 08. Depends on what you want the bike for. Drag racing would be for the 05, Comfortable on the street as well. Wheelies like a dirt bike. The 08 power wheelies forever once you get it cookin. Even in 4th and I weigh 230 unsuited. Now that I fixed the cross eyes look with a decal I like the front much better. Not as comfortable as the 05 but I think it looks a bit more radical from the side view so I like its looks better than my 05. I am a fan of moto GP so I like the back after I put on the fender eliminator. The 08 turns better to me. They all have their own personalities so its up to each person to like what they like. They are all fast and powerful. They just excel in different places.

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted April 12, 2009 08:41 PM        
I just rode my 05 today after riding my C14 all year. What a bike, the raw power and the thing is super easy to ride. The roads are starting to clear of sand and dirt.
I have not ridden an 08 but I have ridden an 06 and didn't like the powerband. I still think the 05 green is one of the best looking bikes ever.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted April 13, 2009 08:12 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 13 Apr 2009 16:01
About the only thing that I would change on my 04 ZX-10R is the first gear as I drag race it for fun...and that requires spliting the cases....I can gear down a bunch but it starts taking the top end away...so in time Iplan to do...

have on board air fuel ratio monitor...and the means to log/store and read runs on my computer and adjust for racing fuel , air filter ect....even adjust for temperature if I wanted to...

lowered, co2 shifter, mickey thompson racing slick, extended swing arm , custom made wheelie bar, lockup clutch and solid strut for my rear suspension when I race seriously ... she hooks up very nice with the Mickey thompson....

broke two oil pans already....

never had so much fun on a motorcycle... ....

who need curves....; just liability insurance....

Ignore this member   
kawboy4ever

Novice Class
posted April 16, 2009 03:19 AM        
The 06-07 is not that bad. For those who have one, give it the ZX14 treatment and remove theflies and you will see a totally different bike. Low end will wake up like you wouldn't believe.

Remove the FLIES Remove the FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted April 16, 2009 07:01 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 16 Apr 2009 14:03
All the ZX-10R'S are powerhouses in the right hands....mods are there for the taking as well....we are just splitting hairs on small differences.....just depends how much these differences matter to each person....

I like the comfort ,looks and engine of the 04...but 06-08 make wee bit more power in different areas I don't doubt...not worth the money to trade up to me....

can always use more power when stock....but not dissaponted at all....personally speaking

no need for that....

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted April 16, 2009 07:48 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 16 Apr 2009 14:49
wow... I always personally felt the 04/05 was the best, but this is an amazing response! GUess I'm not alone!

All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Poll... Which 10R is the best? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.88805603981 seconds processing time