HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 05 ZX-10 CAMS NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
MAINEZX10

Parking Attendant
posted August 16, 2008 09:44 AM        
05 ZX-10 CAMS

I am debating on some Web Cams or a set of billet ones from Adams Performance. Any opinions????

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted August 16, 2008 11:54 AM        
You never go wrong dealing with Coby..

Ignore this member   
ianred1

Novice Class
posted October 06, 2008 10:40 AM        
cams

I had good luck with the kawasaki race cam , its 80.00 bucks from kaw and does really well for me once tuned i picked up some good low end torque and hp.

Ignore this member     
Nbrion

Parking Attendant
posted October 14, 2008 12:55 PM        
Does anyone how much bigger they are??
Web and Kaw etc...

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 03:32 PM        Edited By: Gunner on 14 Oct 2008 22:43
quote:
I had good luck with the kawasaki race cam , its 80.00 bucks from kaw and does really well for me once tuned i picked up some good low end torque and hp.

You picked up low end with the Kawi cam? You're the only one out of dozens of people I know that ever did that.. What numbers do you have your cam degree on? I had mine in several places searching to regain LOST low end and finally put the as tight piston to valve as possible to get some back. They couldn't get any tighter... It's a good cam BUT not something that gains you low end power.. Are you sure?

Ignore this member   
SteveWFL

posted October 14, 2008 06:27 PM        
GUNNER: remember this is the Internet, Camaro's and ZX10's can gain increased "low rpm" power with race cams here!
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 14, 2008 06:28 PM        
I forget Steve....... Thanks for reminding me.... Is that a Full Race Cam or 3/4 race unit?

Ignore this member   
ianred1

Novice Class
posted October 22, 2008 09:30 AM        
I also had a tune after they did the valve adjustment and cam install i picked up 8 lbs of torgue from 5000 to 10000 and 13 horses total
  Ignore this member     
ianred1

Novice Class
posted October 22, 2008 09:35 AM        
might not all have been from cam install , but i was very happy with the performance gain , bike went 9:17 before the tune, with a 130 lb rider havent had any ride time at track since hp increase, cam,vel stacks,8" extentions,full akro tit race exhuast,bmc filter,tre,hyper clutch plates,2 down 2 up gears, , bike does pretty good to me
  Ignore this member     
suix

Expert Class
posted October 22, 2008 07:22 PM        
I got an 06 and I lost 2bhp off peak hp and 5 lbs off peak torque after installing the Kawi kit intake cam. Drop in power throughout the whole rev zone with the same cam timing with my stock intake. I would probably need a new set of number to resurrect my ponies.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 22, 2008 08:46 PM        
Try 105 / 103.5... That's as tight as you can get it with stock pistons and keep a safe Piston to valve number..

Most use 107 / 104 and I tried that as well, but it was gutted down low.. I know one guy that put them in on stock marks and his bike rocks there.. Coby actually says to use stock marks..

Ignore this member   
suix

Expert Class
posted October 22, 2008 09:23 PM        
I was on 105/105 with the stock intake and still is with the race intake. I've yet to stretch her legs on the highway. That's a nice pair of numbers but that would go in next time when the cam cover is out (another 10k on the odo).

Ignore this member   
suix

Expert Class
posted October 23, 2008 12:12 AM        Edited By: suix on 23 Oct 2008 07:23
Need some inputs from you guys here. This is with regards to the my power lost with the kit intake cam.

A bit on my bike setup . . . . .

- High comp gasket (0.45mm)
- Cleaned up ports
- APE valve springs
- APE cam chain tensioner
- APE block off plate
- Akro EVO system
- GI-pro ATRE
- Kit intake cam
- Ram air screen out
- Ram air sealed
- Airbox sealed
- BMC filter
- Short stacks
- Sec butterflies out (including shaft and actuator)
- PC III
- Cam degree 105/105 (same degree I've used for the stock intake)

I did the race intake with the sec butterflies shaft out and loss a couple of ponies off the peak. Could this loss be primarily due to the cam degreeing or could it be others which I've failed to notice? Please advise. Thanks!

Ignore this member   
WRECKSHOP

Expert Class
posted October 24, 2008 06:50 PM        
Cams aren't degreed right and plus you need to mill the head with about -15 to 20thousands off !!! Then it should rock !!!!
  Ignore this member   
hyper12r

Expert Class
posted October 25, 2008 12:06 PM        
my bud are on 105105 too and almost the same setup as yours..i remember there are some horses increase thru out..
  Ignore this member   
suix

Expert Class
posted October 27, 2008 11:05 PM        
quote:
my bud are on 105105 too and almost the same setup as yours..i remember there are some horses increase thru out..

That is the weird part. Instead of having simliar gain, Im losing power.

Ignore this member   
fotis10r

Parking Attendant
posted November 26, 2008 08:39 AM        
They say if you don't need stiffer valve spring's don't use them because they resist the
the engine and you can loose power,the KAW intake cam don't need stiff valve springs
if you only change intake cam andspring's and you lost power maybe this is the problem, the springs drag 7 hp and cam got you 5hp just maybe.
How is air/fuel ratio i hear sameone change intake cam and was no power till
air/fuel ratio was corrected
did your budy change also valve springs and gain hp?
the timing chain tensioner is it too tight ?the timing chain must have no free play but no
too tight.
keep us post

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 05 ZX-10 CAMS NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.628481149673 seconds processing time