HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 CBR HAS TRANNY ISSUES! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 10:13 AM        
08 CBR HAS TRANNY ISSUES!

As reported in the latest test by one of the largest rags out there! So, just be aware when you're puttin it to an 08 CBR1000RR on your bike of choice & he suddenly falls back like his key was shut off. Well, he'll have a legit excuse cuz his Killa' Honda just got itself stuck in gear(just like the rest of'em that did the same thing in testing). But not to worry , contact stevewfl for an appropriate excuse. He is the local Honda propaganda rep.LOL!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 28, 2008 10:33 AM        
who's reporting this?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 10:46 AM        
Cycle World

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 28, 2008 11:51 AM        
link?

zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 12:06 PM        
It's in the latest issue. Just received it yesterday. The CBR is on the Cover. They affirmed that more than one of the bikes had an issue w/ shifting & hoped that the bikes that reached the dealer floors would have a fix.

Has anyone relayed this to Stevewfl? When they do, can someone please catch a photo of his head imploding... lmfao

Ignore this member   
YZF

Expert Class
posted February 28, 2008 12:53 PM        

Shit what a terrible truth...

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 28, 2008 03:39 PM        
you guys really think I'm brand loyal to Honda? Or just stirred up a bunch of crap!?

you guys are something else, but I'm sure Honda will correct their tranny problems :P
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 04:13 PM        Edited By: zx1kr on 28 Feb 2008 16:14
quote:
you guys really think I'm brand loyal to Honda? Or just stirred up a bunch of crap!?

you guys are something else, but I'm sure Honda will correct their tranny problems :P

Quoted from Cycle World April 2008 issue.

"I couldn't find any fault in the bike when ridden at a pace the stock tires allowed, with one exception: I encountered an occasional stubbornness with the gearbox when upshifting from second to third on the main straight, having to tap down on the shift lever to index the mechanism before the next upshift could be completed. Others reported similar shifting trouble, so it wasn't isolated to my assigned bike."

Yea, not good on the back straight, now imagine grabbing a handful of throttle comin out of a turn to find that you'll be stayin in the gear you just redlined! Thank god for the new slipper clutch!

Snicker, chuckle......

Did you hear that ripping sound? That was the sound of the ZX10 that just ripped past you without a tranny issue! lol.....

Ignore this member   
warbird

Needs a job
posted February 28, 2008 04:19 PM        
Well...................sounds an awful lot like the intro for the 2004 ZX10R................... Kawasaki had that shit fixed before they hit the dealer floor.............

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 04:25 PM        
quote:
Well...................sounds an awful lot like the intro for the 2004 ZX10R................... Kawasaki had that shit fixed before they hit the dealer floor.............

Yea, maybe sounds alittle worse than the 04 ZX10 issue. But, needless to say it is an issue worth alittle mentioning. Yes?

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 28, 2008 05:03 PM        
Yes very good info indeed.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 28, 2008 05:21 PM        
This thread opinion and info should be linked in the CBR1k forum (not under a different title as is now).

Why would you think the CBR sounds worse than the initial intro issue with the ZX10 ? It was a fairly large issue on the 10. At the intro, some experienced it, some didn't. Simply sounds similar and of course hopefully it was addressed prior to production bikes being shipped.

The 04-07 CBR1k's were really good bikes. I'm sure the '08 will appeal to those who favor Honda's, just like the '08 ZX10 appeals to those who loved the 1st gen. And for those who had the 2nd gen ZX10, they should love the '08 version.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 05:38 PM        
quote:
This thread opinion and info should be linked in the CBR1k forum (not under a different title as is now).

Why would you think the CBR sounds worse than the initial intro issue with the ZX10 ? It was a fairly large issue on the 10. At the intro, some experienced it, some didn't. Simply sounds similar and of course hopefully it was addressed prior to production bikes being shipped.

The 04-07 CBR1k's were really good bikes. I'm sure the '08 will appeal to those who favor Honda's, just like the '08 ZX10 appeals to those who loved the 1st gen. And for those who had the 2nd gen ZX10, they should love the '08 version.

Kerry, I agree 100%! You couldn't be more right. Now , if a certain moderator could see that & stop spamming for Honda on the ZX10 board I'd be more apt to spread the same sentiment as you have.
Believe it or not, I actually think that Honda might have a bike that'll have something this year.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 28, 2008 07:51 PM        Edited By: stevewfl on 28 Feb 2008 21:33
thanks for correlating the same problem back to the ZX10 it put 1k's post on topic in this forum anyway.

CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 08:36 PM        Edited By: zx1kr on 28 Feb 2008 20:37
Bottom line is: This is a problem.

So, sounds like something that could definitely change results in a shootout. I know I would'nt wanna be sportin' the bike that didn't want to shift into 3rd gear when I was rompin on it.

Hopefully they'll correct it & it won't factor into a test. I'd like to see the CBR get beat fair & square w/o having any excuses. lol....

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 28, 2008 09:07 PM        
guys.. time to put the brakes on here.. lets wait until we get some bikes on the street.. not pre-pro's used at a trackday.

BTW... the one I rode shifted like butter... so go figure.

wait for a consumer version IMHO

zx1kr

Pro
posted February 28, 2008 09:41 PM        
quote:
guys.. time to put the brakes on here.. lets wait until we get some bikes on the street.. not pre-pro's used at a trackday.

BTW... the one I rode shifted like butter... so go figure.

wait for a consumer version IMHO

Well, the stakes seemed to have been raised on the who's who of the liter bike class. So, Cycle world thought it was pertinent enough to put in print. I thought it might make for intelligent debate on the ZX10R forum. What with all the Honda promos goin on over here, this might have a quieting effect.

I'm game for waiting on actual production run bikes.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 28, 2008 10:41 PM        
we're waiting on ours... Believe me... I'll let ya'll know if it performs the same as the one I rode on the track at the intro!

sous

Parking Attendant
posted February 28, 2008 11:15 PM        
my friend 2007 zx10 did the same if u shift to 3 gear some time the arm want go back after he changed the oil every thing go well wait till the first oil change
  Ignore this member   
Bulers

Novice Class
posted February 29, 2008 12:08 AM        
Fast Bikes have only just published their CBR test from Qatar (dec 18th test!). They have reported some gear selection faults also. They have also confirmed that the test fleet were final pre-production models.

I expect it's fixed already. No reports of faults from the production models on MCNs test.

Ignore this member   
08blade

Novice Class
Honda Humper
posted February 29, 2008 04:49 AM        
quote:
who's reporting this?

The same guy who high-sided the demo bike. LOL

Ignore this member   
08blade

Novice Class
Honda Humper
posted February 29, 2008 04:53 AM        Edited By: 08blade on 29 Feb 2008 04:55
quote:
08 CBR HAS NO PROBLEM BEATING THE 08 ZX!

LOL

quote:
My Kwakasuki can't even beat a Honduh in one comparo! Wah! Wah! Wah!

Ignore this member   
ricksgsxr

Zone Head
posted February 29, 2008 05:39 AM        Edited By: ricksgsxr on 29 Feb 2008 05:47
Really have too pick apart magazine comparo's. Good starting point, and sometimes the product is in fact lives up too the reviews look at the GSXR1000

But..there are other "real world" scenerios that eliminate brand loyal by a writer which is easily detected in the magazines if you read more than one. Message boards are much more realistic after you weed through the garbage posts ...than the revenue influence a mfg has with a magazine you have too be naive too think does not happen-more ads etc the lifeblood of any business the ole buck!

I never bought a bike soely on magazine shoot out test . Those were reference starting point.

Look at the U.K. based magazines and some of the models they choose over the ones here? both must have above average riders why the descrepancey?

Me? and this is my preference, my 2c oh my money too! the combination of technology advancments, the after market support and the looks, the latter messes everything up....but if it has all three I yi yi, wil lfind me stopping by the local dealer when tehy are open and closed staring, dreaming....I gotta have it

Time and the after market support will prove which is the best platform for the masses who do not leave a bike 100% bone stock.

Ignore this member   
zx12adam

posted March 15, 2008 04:05 PM        
quote:
As reported in the latest test by one of the largest rags out there! So, just be aware when you're puttin it to an 08 CBR1000RR on your bike of choice & he suddenly falls back like his key was shut off. Well, he'll have a legit excuse cuz his Killa' Honda just got itself stuck in gear(just like the rest of'em that did the same thing in testing). But not to worry , contact stevewfl for an appropriate excuse. He is the local Honda propaganda rep.LOL!

WOW!

A few pre-production examples of an entirely new model are having one problem? No way! It could NEVER happen!

Really, dude, the over emotional "OMG! Avoid this bike like the plague because they all suffer from catastrophic transmission blow-ups launching gears into your testicles" is a little overboard don't'cha think? How many brand new bikes get recalled or product updates AFTER going into production with WORSE problems than a shifter glitch?

We get the idea, you don't like this bike, we got it already.

Best Literbike: Performance Bikes, Superbike, BIKE, MCN, Road Racing World, and Motorcycle USA

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted March 16, 2008 05:10 PM        
quote:
quote:

WOW!

A few pre-production examples of an entirely new model are having one problem? No way! It could NEVER happen!

Really, dude, the over emotional "OMG! Avoid this bike like the plague because they all suffer from catastrophic transmission blow-ups launching gears into your testicles" is a little overboard don't'cha think? How many brand new bikes get recalled or product updates AFTER going into production with WORSE problems than a shifter glitch?

We get the idea, you don't like this bike, we got it already.

+1, someone noticed. I read the article already and forgot about this trivial topic till you bumped it. It clearly states within the article its a preproduction thing and the bike won't be released with the issue. Fish already ran one around the track and didn't report except good.

*yawns*
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 CBR HAS TRANNY ISSUES! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22135305404663 seconds processing time