HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 ZX-10R review in SPORT RIDER NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 21, 2008 06:28 PM        
08 ZX-10R review in SPORT RIDER

Has anyone read it? Any one else have any more doubts about this bike? HAHA and i hate these guys bc there all slow as F**K. Now we need all the bikes together and see what happenes

Ignore this member    Click here to visit TiboFew's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 21, 2008 11:23 PM        
quote:
Has anyone read it? Any one else have any more doubts about this bike? HAHA and i hate these guys bc there all slow as F**K. Now we need all the bikes together and see what happenes

who's slow?

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
YZF

Expert Class
posted February 21, 2008 11:34 PM        
You.

Ignore this member   
tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 22, 2008 03:20 AM        
the test riders for sport rider

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 22, 2008 06:11 AM        
And you think you are faster than Kent Kunitsugu ?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 22, 2008 08:47 AM        
Well Ive finished 7th Brainard in the AMA Formula Extreme class when it was just 1000's...Im about the same pace as Ben Thompson and i grew riding with all 5 of the Hayden's and was living with Ben Spies so yeah im pretty sure im faster than him but thats not the point...I like the road racing world's reviews alot better bc Ulrich is a really good rider. But there is favoritism towards Suzuki specially since his dad owns the magazine and also owns Emgo Valvoline M4 Suzuki racing team which is a satellite Factory Suzuki team. So yeah im not trying to start drama just that i favor road racing world bc its more of a racer's perspective of the bike. I was saying i was really pleased with the sport rider review bc they talk about how the 08 ZX is so awesome at the track and the suspension is so stiff that you have to be a heavier/ faster rider to appreciate it

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 22, 2008 09:20 AM        
No drama at all. You stated they are "all slow as F**K". Then you state your were "really pleased with the sport rider review." So are they slower than F**K, or what ?

What the hell do you base that on? Do you know anything whatsoever about Kent? Kent is one of the fastest guys in the industry; period. Not even remotely slow. Being pretty sure your faster and knowing your faster is a big difference. Regardless who you hang out, grew up, or lived with. You turn the throttle, not them. A 7th at Brainard in the old FX class would not make you faster than Kent. But that's kinda what bench racing is all about, you can talk all you want about until it comes time to prove it. Kent is a friend I've known since he came into the industry. So it's annoying seeing someone throw that kind of comment out there when you have zero basis for it. Regardless....

Yes, John is an excellent rider and Chris is even better than John ever was. Absolutely the best magazine out there. Been friends with John 30 years and have supported his magazine since day one. Raced against and teamed with John many times. Beautiful thing when your son is faster than you ever were.

And yes, the new ZX10 is awesome. Get some.

tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 22, 2008 12:21 PM        
Ok then he is not slow as fuck but he is no way a front runner in a expert class any more. i mean 15 yrs ago, he was doing top 5 's in the 250 class but it wasn't like he was dominating like Oliver. And yes if he were to race at a wera national there is no way hell get a top 15, i do top 3's.... So you think a 7th a brainard isn't good, when in that race i beat some guys named Jake Zemke, Roger Hayden, an a couple others? i meant what are you talking about that class was bench racing?? i mean ALL the champions this year in the AMA came from that class! Would you like a list of all the fast guys that were "bench racing" in that class?? Roger Hayden, Jake Zemke, Josh Hayes, some kid named Ben Spies.... jason pridmore, BOTH Eric and Ben Bostrom. I mean by no means was that class easy. So yeah back to my point i dont trust the words in sport rider versus Road racing world bc sport rider is a bunch of street riders comparing the bike where as road racing world's riders know how to go fast and are proven to go fast

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 23, 2008 02:30 AM        
Look, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Not trying to supress that. You trashed Kent. Now you've backed off a little. Cool. Never said a 7th wasn't good at Brainard. Never said the FX class was bench racing. Get your quotes straight. Yes, some of us have raced against and beat some of the past, present, and future best riders on the planet. Cool. That's something we bench race about. Bench racing is normally defined by talking about how fast you are and/or the magic you lay down when not actually on the race track (or street). It's not a bad thing and it's actually really safe. It's bench racing. The point is the bench racing stops when you're on the track.

So back to your point: "you don't trust the words in sport rider". But again, you stated above "really pleased with the sport rider review." I'm not busting your balls here. Just get some consistency. Both magazines are excellent and have fast guys. No question, RRW has some of the fastest. But there is a balance on an evaluation of a racer's viewpoint on a streetbike, when on a race track, versus a fast street rider's viewpoint on a streetbike, on the street or track. They can sometimes be very, very different; and both good points of view. Peace.

stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 04:22 AM        
quote:
Now we need all the bikes together and see what happenes

+1

a comment in this thread that made sense :P
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 23, 2008 05:01 AM        
quote:
quote:

+1

Leave it to stevewfl to add absolutely NO substance to this thread with his pointless post.

Steve please get a life so that this website can stop being watered down with your worthless yap yap.

Just an observation.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 05:11 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

Leave it to stevewfl to add absolutely NO substance to this thread with his pointless post.

Steve please get a life so that this website can stop being watered down with your worthless yap yap.

Just an observation.

dude I ben lookin at the utter BS you've spewed in, here and perhaps maybe heed some of you own advice. you really seem discontent and its not on me.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 23, 2008 05:12 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

Just an observation.

wow steve......I take it this guy doesn't like you??

stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 05:14 AM        
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

Just an observation.

lmao guess not. its always nice when one takes the bait huh
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 23, 2008 05:20 AM        
quote:

Nah, I like Steve. Just getting tired of his worthless posts everywhere. If 10% of them had useful content I'd probably not comment but, Steve just posts to get his post count up. I like to come to this site for the most part to read intelligent info. Then I come across Steves dribble which is everywhere & well, enough said.

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted February 23, 2008 05:26 AM        
zx1kr, I treat this as the Internet. I try to keep the dribble and post-hoing in the smackhouse for the most part. but anyway......
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
zx1kr

Pro
posted February 23, 2008 05:30 AM        
quote:
zx1kr, I treat this as the Internet. I try to keep the dribble and post-hoing in the smackhouse for the most part. but anyway......

pathethic.............

Ignore this member   
tibofew

Expert Class
posted February 23, 2008 05:31 AM        
quote:
Look, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Not trying to supress that. You trashed Kent. Now you've backed off a little. Cool. Never said a 7th wasn't good at Brainard. Never said the FX class was bench racing. Get your quotes straight. Yes, some of us have raced against and beat some of the past, present, and future best riders on the planet. Cool. That's something we bench race about. Bench racing is normally defined by talking about how fast you are and/or the magic you lay down when not actually on the race track (or street). It's not a bad thing and it's actually really safe. It's bench racing. The point is the bench racing stops when you're on the track.

So back to your point: "you don't trust the words in sport rider". But again, you stated above "really pleased with the sport rider review." I'm not busting your balls here. Just get some consistency. Both magazines are excellent and have fast guys. No question, RRW has some of the fastest. But there is a balance on an evaluation of a racer's viewpoint on a streetbike, when on a race track, versus a fast street rider's viewpoint on a streetbike, on the street or track. They can sometimes be very, very different; and both good points of view. Peace.

Ok i took bench racing totally wrong, ill admit it. I need to go back to school and learn how to read and not be in a hurry. Honestly i had no idea what bench racing was lol im a idiot sometimes...maybe more??

ok back to the point. Right i really dont trust the words in sport rider. right i did say pleased and i also explained it, but i should have used the word "surprised". It would have just work alot better on what i was explaining.....Right i totally agree with you on the points of view but I dont buy bikes to ride them on the street and when sport rider does a shoot out one the track they get everything fucked up bc like you said i want a racers point of view. I dont care to hear about when you go to get on the brakes you cant see the rpm gauge or how the kick stand is in a hard place to find, you know what i mean..

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted February 23, 2008 03:11 PM        
Cool.
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted February 26, 2008 07:47 AM        Edited By: dubious on 26 Feb 2008 18:30
LOL

Blabber blibber babble.....

DRAMA!! !

NO not you Kerry!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: 08 ZX-10R review in SPORT RIDER NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38546919822693 seconds processing time