HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Advice please NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
JesseN13

Parking Attendant
posted December 02, 2007 06:59 AM        
Advice please

So I have heard many diff. opinions on the topic of which 1st bike to get and am just looking for some more I suppose. I have raced dirtbikes/snowmobiles/4 wheelers for about 20 of my 24 yrs on this earth. . .some of these machines pushing 300hp (snowmobiles). Also, a cousin of mine who grew up in the same lifestyle of me has been riding sportbikes (races semi-pro in new england as well) for about 10 years now. He told me I would be fine getting a 1000, as long as I treated it with the utmost respect. My cousin said he bought a zx6r and went to a 1000 after about a year of riding. I have ridden road bikes before, not a superbike tho. Would it really be stupid of me to get an 04 zx10 ?

Ignore this member   
stevewfl

posted December 02, 2007 09:41 AM        
litre bike!

c'mon man you know its all about how hard to twist the wrist anyway. The 600 will kill you exactly as quick (although you can get it around the race track with a better lap time!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
dubious

Needs a life
Needs more time to ride!
posted December 05, 2007 04:31 AM        
Be honest with yourself!
If you have ridden dirtbikes for 20 years, let me ask you... what were they and what kind of riding?
XR200/400 = sv650
CR250 450f = 600 inline 4
CR500 = 1000

Realistically if you mastered and could control the power of the dirtbikes( or compareable ones) mentioned very proficiently, you will become comfortable really quick on the bikes I mentioned beside them.

Remember, as Steviewiffle stated, the wrist truns 2 ways.
Get comfortable and learn the traits of our bike, ie wobble, headshake etc( 04 ZX10 was known for headshake on rough roads and touchdowns) brake sensitivity, throttle sensitivity.
Ride responsibly ( at least around other motorists) hard to avoid someone when the frt tire is 4ft off the ground, or you doin a flyby... know what I mean?
Ride defensively... they will cut you off, and if your not on your game it will end up hurting.

In the bushes, tree's don't move, the streets are far more dangerous IMO, as there are many more variables you have no control of, or cannot forsee.

On dirtbikes you can pre ride a trail before you rail, on the streets a new puddle of oil, antifreeze or blue hair could appear!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Advice please NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24151396751404 seconds processing time