HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: muzzys steals moko slider design (not) NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
badboy

Novice Class
posted August 16, 2004 11:11 AM        Edited By: admin on 21 Aug 2004 11:06
Muzzys steals MOKO slider design (not)

Muzzys,

I am surrprised you little copy cats didn't tell everyone on the board you copied the MOKO sliders I have installed from Germany! Looks like a cheap
knock off to be sure. Even the Rubber is thinner and I am just insulted by this in all respects.

MOKO the original
Muzzy the imitator...come on guys, your pathetic.

http://www.pdq1.com/moko.htm

http://www.pdq1.com/MOKO_ZX10.jpg

Subject line editted by admin to contain the word "(not)" as this accusation is totally unfounded

Ignore this member    Click here to visit badboy's homepage. 
badboy

Novice Class
posted August 16, 2004 11:12 AM        

MOKO manufacture a huge range of high quality chunky crash pads to help protect your bikes fairing, frame and engine from wearing through or breaking should you ever end up doing a spot of tarmac surfing. As anyone who has ever crashed with a set fitted will tell you, they are a lot cheaper than a set of replacement panels! Moko have been making crash protectors like these for over 10 years now for all kinds of road and race applications and the pads are well tried and tested for everyday use. They come in pairs with all the necessary fittings and instructions. We are stocking them in BLACK only at present.

All MOKO crash pads are made from 60mm diameter nylon for maximum contact area and feature a large radius to assist in sliding. Many of the kits come with CNC milled aluminium mounting brackets, so they're good looking as well as functional!

If you're thinking of fitting crash protectors, these have got to be the ones!! The neatest and most effective we've ever seen.

badboy

Novice Class
posted August 16, 2004 11:30 AM        
www.whaccessories.com
Phone & Fax 623-581-1994
Mon-Thu 9:30-5:30 MST

Here is the US distributor for MOKO...

Great honest no BULL men...

badboy

Novice Class
posted August 16, 2004 11:31 AM        
Also carry the Fork sliders

SUPERSIZE ME!

trenace

Needs a job
posted August 16, 2004 11:42 AM        
Oh, JHC.

There is nothing new about sliders.

There is nothing particularly difficult about the 10R requiring any new invention of how to put sliders on it.

The idea that Muzzy would have needed to or wanted to bother "copying" anybody on this is pretty absurd.

You think there is something about the MOKO design that is so innovative that no one else would do it that way totally on their own without seeing the MOKO design?

Same simple problem, same solutions from many people. That's all there is to that.

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted August 16, 2004 12:29 PM        Edited By: worm~hole on 16 Aug 2004 13:33
NEWS FLASH!!!!....."ALL TIRES MUST ROLL SO ALL TIRES ARE ROUND...THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO MAKE TIRES ROLL...THEY MUST BE ROUND!!!"

...just as there's only one logical way to mount sliders on the 10R using all available mounting points that KAWASAKI, not Moko or Muzzy, makes available...so what's YOUR point with your theft accusation?

...btw, nice way to cultivate new customers and friends here with an outright theft accusation of one of our esteemed sponsors...you should be able to sell a ton of your pure and righteous products to those who are disgusted and shocked by the principle of it all....where's your undeniable proof of Muzzy's intentional theft of a 'design' or 'idea'?

...ie. how many double-bubble-type wind screens do you see from different screen mfgs and how many of them are screaming "THIEF!!!" at each other?

...show me undeniable proof of your theft accusation besides pictures and I might change my opinion about your post...and hey, I don't work for Muzzy's, but I as a consumer I really like and trust the quality and design of their products...and although they may have quality products as well, I never heard of Moko until a few months ago...

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted August 16, 2004 12:33 PM        
Someone needs to get back on their meds...
  Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted August 16, 2004 12:40 PM        
...also...there's nothing 'cheap', knock-off or otherwise, about anything worthwhile from Muzzy's...the painful wounds on my credit card account bears undeniable proof...still, the 'pain' is a good one and worthwhile to me

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
jonwright

Needs a job
posted August 16, 2004 12:52 PM        
*tsk, tsk*
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted August 16, 2004 12:54 PM        
lol! are u fucking kidding me badboy?!? the only thing similar between them is the mount points! and as far as i can see it's the ONLY good choice for this bike (the single mount point with an arm design i'v seen just doesnt look real stable to me). if u have an axe to grind with muzzys (which u aparently do), at least choose non-stupid accusations
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted August 16, 2004 01:04 PM        
...who bought Muzzy sliders, who bought Moko sliders, and who amongst us 10R aftermarket product consumers care about badboy's theft accusation?

...uh huh...I thought so...fwiw, I think the Muzzy design is superior..and why would they steal and copy an inferior design?...improve upon, sure, but never reproduce let alone steal...give it up badboy...your post is persona non-posta...

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted August 16, 2004 01:08 PM        
badboy... uh.... everyone here can see by your last several threads (sue kawasaki etc) and now this one, that you are trying to stir the pot....

well... that's great and all, but why not try to come up with something we'll buy... all you have to do is look at the photos and you can tell that neither company has stolen anything.. .they've both mounted the sliders in an obvious spot...

... yawn... what a non-issue

why not go away, think REAL hard, and then come up with something a little more earth-shattering... AND something you can substantiate .....

it should be totally obvious to you that the membership isnt buying your theories so I would suggest going back to the drawing board.

PS... this should be an indication to you that if you thought you had a future in drama or scriptwriting, that you should consider keeping your dayjob.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Michael Lee

Zone Head
Purchase Ivy
posted August 16, 2004 01:15 PM        
Nuff Said . . . . . (always wanted to say that, so thanks)
  Ignore this member   
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted August 16, 2004 03:20 PM        
I say ban him.....lmfao

Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted August 16, 2004 03:26 PM        Edited By: k bryant on 16 Aug 2004 16:28
Hopefully this will be the end of it. Making such accusations against a well known established business can bring harsh legal response. I think one should think before putting such things in "print" form...

Oh and wormie - Why don't you add the exhaust comparo thing while your at it!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted August 16, 2004 04:55 PM        

Appears to not use OEM bolts
Bracket spaced away from frame with little visable support (lack of spacers)
Bracket only comes in a "polished" version
Though claimed to be CNC, brackets look as if they were cheaply stamped
Sliders available in white or black with great advertising for Moko
Cost $130

Uses all but one OEM bolt (maintaining the factory designed and critical engine supporting bolt)
Brackets attached via stout spacers to better distribute impact load - eleminating damage to critical bolts (i.e. engine support bolt)
Brackets are a bike complimenting anodized black
Sliders available in black only without Muzzy logo
Cost $150

If anyone needs to "copy" another manufacturer's design, it's Moko. Moko's supposedly "thicker" slider hardly compensates for their equally apparent cheap brackets and questionable mounting hardware.

Sorry, bb. That one doesn't even rate a "Nice try". "Lame", maybe.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted August 16, 2004 05:07 PM        
That Moko stands out like Badboy on a short bus...lol
  Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted August 16, 2004 09:18 PM        
Seems like Badboy is advertising. Did he pay for that ?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Matt Sterbator's homepage. 
wwwrxxx

Novice Class
posted August 16, 2004 11:23 PM        
they all look shit. the last thing I want to do to the hottest, black, piece of moving art I have ever owned is bolt some farging roller skate wheels to the side of it.

My moto is don't stack. Easy. (for me)

And if I do then I'll pay for it.

Ignore this member   
trenace

Needs a job
posted August 17, 2004 12:25 AM        
Hmmm, well, sliders are good enough for Shinya Nakano on the ZX-RR.... if I had a 10R they'd be good enough for me on that... unfortunately, on the 12R there's no decent way to fit sliders other than maybe the through-the-swingarm-pivot approach which I haven't looked at closely enough and still am not sure on...
  Ignore this member   
DB

Pro
posted August 17, 2004 01:13 AM        
charge him for advertisement!!!!

Ignore this member   
jonwright

Needs a job
posted August 17, 2004 07:12 AM        
Move this thread to the 'classifieds' for starters. Then I think Rob ought to find him and tweak badboy's nose.

What an ass.

Ignore this member   
RobMuzzy

Expert Class
posted August 17, 2004 07:37 AM        
Wow- I did not see this thread till after I read the other one. The Muzzy slider and the Moko slider are about as similar as a Ford and a Dodge. They both have 4 wheels and you drive them by a steering wheel located on the left side of the passenger area. I don't think it would be worth the trouble to sue Badboy for stupidity.
  Ignore this member   
hitman12

Novice Class
posted August 17, 2004 07:56 AM        
You tell him Rob

Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
posted August 17, 2004 10:28 AM        
I think: Whiney know-it-all no-resource consumers who think they can build and price a better product and who ARE NOT in the business of designing, fabricating, testing, manufacturing, and marketing a product should just SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

...thank you.

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: muzzys steals moko slider design (not) NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21363997459412 seconds processing time