HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Our seats were not made for long hauls...... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
runninhorn

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 09:31 AM        
Our seats were not made for long hauls......

Just did a 500 mile ride yesterday, and our bike seats suck for long hauls. I had to pull over yesterday and buy a seat cushion for a lawn chair to put on my seat to make it the rest of the way as my butt went numb around mile 200, then starting hurting really bad about 50 miles further--definately needs an upgrade if any of you plan on doing any long riding. Probably the biggest thing I was stoked about was the gas mileage, I averaged 51.3 mpg the entire trip, couldnt believe it, redid the math and came up with the same figure, didnt think it would get this great of mileage. This was doing 90 mph on average no traffic, no stopping, just for fuel. MRA Windscreen was great, broke alot more wind than the stock screen and was well worth the $$$$.........

Also, anyone know when front brake pads "typically" may need replacing? (how many miles on average do you get out of a set?)

Ignore this member    Click here to send runninhorn an AIM message. 
trikchop

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 09:47 AM        
would you like a wan-daid
  Ignore this member   
SPROCKET

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 10:08 AM        
It's not a sport-touring bike! It's made for the track. Notice the lap button on the laft bar, and the start/stop switch on the right bar, and the lap timer? For the track. Go buy a busa if you want a comfortable sport bike.

Ignore this member   
runninhorn

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 10:44 AM        
Please show me WHERE THE FUCK IM FUCKING WHINING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH ABOUT THE FUCKING SEAT YOU ASSHOLES!?!???!?!?! I was merely stating my impression of the seat on the 10r after a ride yesterday, not bitching like a little fucking 2 year old who just lost her lollipop. Ive ridden non-stop 1641 miles on my gixxer 1k before thanks, so I think I know pain and know long hauls, so please SHUT THE FUCK UP with the whining replies, last time I checked, that wasnt a WHINE post was just merely stating how my stock seat did on a longer ride..........

Sprocket-- ok faggot, show me where I said it was a Sport Touring bike? THANK YOU.

Trikchop-- No, and you can suck my balls for all I care......you can take that wandaid and shove it up your ass..........

Ignore this member    Click here to send runninhorn an AIM message. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
living life, and loving it.
posted August 11, 2004 10:48 AM        
dam feel all the love.....I agree with ya, the seat sucks, but its far better then the 6RR I traded in on it.....and if you were to look for a more comfy bike, fuk the Busa, buy a 12.....heheheheh

I have a pair of bicycle riders spandex pants that have a cusion butt that woks fairly well....makes ya lok like you got a bubble butt when you arent riding though....I havent seen an aftermarket seat yet...would be curious if anyone will make one....

Ignore this member   
salsa1

Needs a life
posted August 11, 2004 10:55 AM        Edited By: salsa1 on 11 Aug 2004 11:28
but, but, but ,but . hehe. I drove over 200 miles this weekend with no problem myself.

but but but my wife says I have a nice tush. hahahahahahaha. Id say to who needs support to get a seat cushion if ya have a boney rear.

Please don't share if ya have a boney but; I really don't need to know.

peace.

have fun;stay alive.

Ignore this member   
kdecelle

Novice Class
posted August 11, 2004 11:16 AM        
We did a trip at the beginning of July and did 400 miles non-stop each day for 5 days.

I am 6ft 150 lbs and the term "boney-ass" is being polite in my case. I agree, the seat started to hurt after the 300 mile marker, and on day 5 I didn't want to be on it anymore. I wear Frank-Thomas leather pants and thank-god for the padding in the ass/thigh section for pro-longing the pain-free time. When I wear jeans the seat is feeling bad way before 200.

HOWEVER...........................

1. It is better than my old Katana 600 by a long shot. My biggest complaint was my knees.

2. I have tried riding cruisers before and I just can't do it. I have yet to feel in control of the machine and I don't like the center of gravity. When I shopped for a new bike this year I sat on everything, weighed my options and opted for the 10R. I know it is track-orientated and I know I do 1500 mile trips per year and that comfort would be second place to performance.
Its funny, I always have a shit eating grin on my face as I recap the last 200 miles with my buddies as I am rubbing my boney ass.

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 02:11 PM        
Jesus, runninhorn is right. Shut your cock holster and relax pal. Need a prozac??? Why are you so sensitive? Quit runnin your horn pal!!
  Ignore this member   
SPROCKET

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 02:42 PM        
You want comfy? Go buy a lexus. If I'm a faggot, then your my bitch.

Ignore this member   
beansbaxter

Needs a life
posted August 11, 2004 03:53 PM        
My friend has the 6RR and hated the seat, and just visually it appears similiar to the 10. He bought a Corbin seat which he does long trips on and loves it. You can ask them for additional plush in the seat if you like, but he had a normal production one.

Nice thing is the Corbin seat for a 6, and I assume a 10, is a helluva lot cheaper than one for the 12.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted August 11, 2004 03:53 PM        
there is that love again....lmfao

Ignore this member   
beansbaxter

Needs a life
posted August 11, 2004 04:47 PM        
what's love got to do with it if you dont respect the game...

what is love, baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
Drowland

Zone Head
posted August 11, 2004 06:03 PM        
Go buy a super flow Tampon and shove it up your pussy! LOL Nah just joking . Does any body make a aftermarket seat for the 10 R?
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
pussycontrol

Parking Attendant
posted August 11, 2004 06:18 PM        Edited By: pussycontrol on 11 Aug 2004 18:20
I did a Boulder, CO to Steamboat Springs and back ride all in one day when I first got my 10R. Yes, the seat is a track bike seat. What's worse is the ergos, I could barely move after that (and I'm usually pretty limber with the whole stretching thing and all).

I almost developed plantar faciatis (spelling?) in my right achillies from the positioning of the rear set....

Not saying anything bad about the 10R here, I fully expect to get beat up riding it, and I love every second of it.

Ignore this member   
trikchop

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 06:47 PM        
i think theirs a little too much caffine in that tall glass of cocksucker your
drinkin runninhorn.
i was just kidding before but if you want to take it personally i wont lose any
sleep.

Ignore this member   
swft

Full throttle!
posted August 11, 2004 08:01 PM        
Well...I guess it beats being BORED...
  Ignore this member   
sp500

Expert Class
posted August 11, 2004 08:21 PM        
500 miles sure is a long trip, 400kms would be my limit.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit sp500's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted August 12, 2004 04:03 AM        
500 miles is just a good days ride.......lol...unless you are on a 10, then its a torture session, unless there is lots of twisties.....heheheh

Ignore this member   
sp500

Expert Class
posted August 12, 2004 06:11 AM        
yeah, love twisties, oh you mean the road sort.
yes always.

Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted August 12, 2004 08:39 AM        
the more curves the merrier.....I am SOOOO looking forward to getting the 10 up on the Cherohola.....and Deals....hehehehhehe cant freaking wait.....heheheheh

Ignore this member   
sp500

Expert Class
posted August 12, 2004 09:02 AM        
I'm going for a ride tomorrow before the weather takes a turn for the worse, gotta get use to moto gp style gear changes.

k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted August 12, 2004 01:26 PM        
One of the many appealing aspects of this particular site that makes it so good, is that it maintains a certain level of...; well choose your own words, but it's a level above most other sites. I'm not saying any of us are or need to be perfect angels by any means. But you can get your point(s) across without the vulgarity. Maintaining that will help this site grow deep into the mainstream worldwide, and not just the "core" group of us that participate. So clean it up a little guys.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
Hells Dark Lord

Needs a life
posted August 12, 2004 03:22 PM        
ok mr fre*king moderator...what ever you fre*king say, Mr moderator.....lol

Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted August 12, 2004 04:03 PM        
Well said!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
trikchop

Expert Class
posted August 12, 2004 04:11 PM        
sorry dad
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Our seats were not made for long hauls...... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.754431962967 seconds processing time