HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Article about 2005 GSXR1000 I promised.... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 23, 2004 06:30 PM        
Article about 2005 GSXR1000 I promised....

Just got back from Europe... sorry for the delay in posting this, hope this hasnt been posted already...

As I said in my post 3 weeks or so ago, the 2005 GSXR 1000 is claiming to be lighter and faster than the 10R...

Motorrad shakes down the #'s like this: (sorry... I have no idea what the metric #'s mean, other than the power is higher and the weight is lower on the GSXR)

ZX10R is said to produce "175 PS" and tip the scales at 198 kilos hilst they are claiming the new GSXR makes "183 PS" and weighs only 163 kilos... Now.. since I dont know what a "PS" is or how they measure it, and I dont know if one is at the crank and the other is at the rear wheel... nor do I know if the weights are wet or dry er what ...

who knows... but it seems pretty cool none the less! If anyone here knows German now's yer chance to translate the article for us!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
BIKEMIKE

Novice Class
posted July 23, 2004 07:21 PM        
198 kilos = 435.6 pounds
163 kilos = 358.6 pounds

Ignore this member   
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted July 23, 2004 07:43 PM        Edited By: kz2zx on 24 Jul 2004 09:11
Um. Translation:

In all the best art there is little clarity, many mistakes, the occaisional true hit, so is the best drink made, and the best written in all the world. Goethe didn't know more than (the motorrad staff?) when he wrote Faust into a play. Nonetheless, no one put into words better the novelty the eye beholds here.

Probing questions, bland silence, tactical laughter, world-savvy PR strategies, somewhere in the Global Villiage spending with impunity - a wonderful Burlesque.

If we (cut to the chase) and explain the pictures, we see the new GSX-R 1000. Two numbers to keep in mind: 163 and 183. The dry weight and power output are what we mean. Suzuki thus turns their one-year offset from the Japanese competition's development cycle to thier own advantage, beating the 2004 competition's power and weight numbers. The new GSX-R flagship carries a (lineage) with it's array of three airscoops and headlights. This suggests ever greater importance given to controlling and optimizing the highspeed airflow into the airbox, (guided? aided?) by computer-designed ducts into the tank (the best I could put that together, it might have meant computer-controlled ducts) to optimize flow. Note the high-mounted exhaust silencer copying the trend set by the Ducati 916.

This computer rendition shows what could be what the near future holds, if the development policy of the last few years is continued. However, some observers have a notion that Suzuki will surprise us by bringing a V4 instead of further escalating (refining?) the Inline-Four.

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted July 23, 2004 07:45 PM        Edited By: kz2zx on 23 Jul 2004 20:50
OK, I read this as a wild-assed guess by the Motorrad staff, saying they think that Suzuki will beat the competition by building a bike with 183 PS (horsepower, but not SAE horsepower), weighing 163 kilos.

They further guess that Suzi will do this with variable-intake geometry, possibly a V-4, and they think that Suzi will have an undertail exhaust that looks like the Duc 916's.

The crap at the beginning about Goethe was just saying that even a wild-assed guess might hit the mark, and that it's worth while to speculate.

Pure artist's rendition...

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
Michael Lee

Zone Head
Purchase Ivy
posted July 23, 2004 07:52 PM        
I got first dibs on the FZ10 . . . sweeeeettttt !!!!
  Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted July 23, 2004 08:05 PM        
They're talking that this what they would like for the newgsxr1000. They are saying that its going to have the aftermarket like compoments stock. The bottom of the second column says that the designer had the 916 duc in mind when designing the new 1000. So in other words it looks nice and has the same lame color and decals with all the goodies on it(that means no gain in horse with the aftermarket). Not shaking here!..........Disclaimer: I had german class for years in school and the only words that stuck with me require ear muffs. My deutsch is rusty.

Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted July 23, 2004 08:09 PM        
OK very rusty!

Ignore this member   
beansbaxter

Needs a life
posted July 24, 2004 07:54 AM        
What's up with the front turn signals, looks just like the 10R ones...is this a standard Euro design?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit beansbaxter's homepage. 
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted July 24, 2004 08:07 AM        
Beans,

It is a composite of the R1, ZX-10R, Gixxer, and CBR, with Duc underseat exhaust, painted in the Gixxer scheme. The subframe, mudflap, and rear pegs/hanger are pure ZX-10R, and I think the swingarm is, too. The nose and chin are R1, th e uppers 10R, the lowers and oilcooler, plus front wheel, are Gixxer.

Pure photoshop fantasy.

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
Erich

Expert Class
posted July 24, 2004 09:47 AM        
To convert from metric PS to our HP, the factor is .9863

Since it doesn't reference ram air or not, its a whoopdy do HP of ~180.5

I like the graphted on Honda swingarm

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 24, 2004 10:14 AM        
Is it just me or is suzuki and all their followers being a little butt hurt over the zx10r. So many guys I ride with ride the gixxer. WHen you start to talk about how great the zx10r is it's all about "oh yeah well" and "but the gixxer has" and "its just better" Chill ya'll. You'll be on top again, just as soon as the almighty ninja decides to step down for redesign
  Ignore this member   
andy

Expert Class
posted July 24, 2004 03:17 PM        
quote:
To convert from metric PS to our HP, the factor is .9863

Since it doesn't reference ram air or not, its a whoopdy do HP of ~180.5

I like the graphted on Honda swingarm

The swingarm definetely has the Honda pro link look, they should of photoshoped the right side of the 10's swingarm. Best looking version on the market, at least that side anyway.

Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted July 24, 2004 03:57 PM        
Since we know the 10 is 435 (give or take) wet, I would think they're quoting dry for the GSXR. 77 lbs or so lighter wet? And more power? If that's true, sign me up!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
bovinespongiformencephalo

Pro
variant Kreutzfeldt-Jakob
posted July 24, 2004 04:47 PM        
The silly season is open.
  Ignore this member   
redelk

Please... speak to the hand.
posted July 25, 2004 08:21 AM        
quote:
Since we know the 10 is 435 (give or take) wet, I would think they're quoting dry for the GSXR. 77 lbs or so lighter wet? And more power? If that's true, sign me up!

If true, I'm second in line behind KB!

Otherwise, they need to put both Faust and the CRACK PIPE down.

Let's say the 10R puts out 150 RWHP and this "dream Gixxer" puts out 165. That would give the 'zuk a weight to power of 2.1 lbs per hp and the 10R 2.9. Even though my 12R was a little over 2.8, it ain't no 10R. Interestingly enough, when you make it realistic by adding in my weight in full gear, it works out to the 'zuk would be 3.5, my old 12R would be 4.1 and my 10R is 4.4 lbs per hp.

With my 12R having a "better" ratio proves that power isn't everything. A diffrence of more than 20% would prove that a low weight is... a dream that indeed would require one to sell their soul to the Devil in exchange for such worldly power and gratification.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit redelk's homepage. 
DB

Pro
posted July 25, 2004 04:11 PM        
quote:
This computer rendition shows what could be what the near future holds

As of right now it's just computer generated pics and rumors. Come on, to say the new suzuki will be approx 77 lbs lighter wet then a zx10r is pushing it alittle far.

Ignore this member   
lrg

Novice Class
posted July 26, 2004 12:26 AM        
quote:
Is it just me or is suzuki and all their followers being a little butt hurt over the zx10r. So many guys I ride with ride the gixxer. WHen you start to talk about how great the zx10r is it's all about "oh yeah well" and "but the gixxer has" and "its just better" Chill ya'll. You'll be on top again, just as soon as the almighty ninja decides to step down for redesign

nope its just you and your bros, most gixxer riders think the zx 10 is a great bike. only starbucks riders sit around trying to say why what they are riding is better instead of racking up miles.

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted July 26, 2004 02:24 AM        
Those figures for ZX10 are from Motorrads test. So they are real. With full tank of gas 198kg=435lbs. Thas 162 kg is manufacturer claimed weight which for ZX10 is 170kg =377lbs. And that 175 ps is at the crank and it is claimed hp
(If I remember right. 04 Suzuki claimes 168kg=373lbs and 163 hp. And in test the ZX has been lighter than GSXR so the new could be maybe 1-3 kg lighter. But that horsepower figure sounds quite high.(If I remember right it was something like 163 ps at the clutch for ZX10 and 158 ps for 04 GSXR)

Ignore this member   

Parking Attendant
posted July 27, 2004 05:29 AM        
the picture is photoshop. Honda swingarm, euro turn signals zx10. two radiators probably one for oil. new mode underseat exhaust. fairing honda style covering the chassis.

for the hp zx10 is 184 with ramair.175 no ram air.

183 without ramair sounds vague.

we will see when it comes out.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Article about 2005 GSXR1000 I promised.... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.27509999275208 seconds processing time