HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: is there a way to get into your stock exhaust can? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
mach

Parking Attendant
posted July 16, 2004 04:49 AM        
is there a way to get into your stock exhaust can?

I own a Black 10R and powder coated the rear sets and pass pegs, and stock can, I really like the blacked out look but was wondering if i would benefit from some interior modification to the can. Does anyone know if you can get into the can, because all i see under that cap is a plate with a pipe sticking out, do you have to cut the welds? dirll holes? I don't know.
help would be appriciated

Ignore this member   
dnwhoop02

Expert Class
posted July 16, 2004 06:11 AM        
try looking in the other end
or just look here: http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=19&TID=12313

you're welcome

Ignore this member    Click here to send dnwhoop02 an AIM message. 
salsa1

Needs a life
posted July 16, 2004 06:12 AM        
Has been covered in detail in past posts ;search for it on this forum you should find pictures and instructions.

One Dyno report was around 4 hp (once cat removed and holes drilled through inside blocking plate) not bad . Most work is in getting cat removed. you can purchase long drill bit after that to make holes or whatever method ya like.

I drilled several 1/2 inch holes and then enlarged with horseshoe stake I happen to have. cat is accesible for removal once you take can off bike.

do outside and wearing a mask is advisable as cat material dust is stirred up quite a bit.

Do a search and Check it out.

Have fun;stay alive.

Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted July 17, 2004 04:02 PM        
Buy a carbonfiber slip-on and paint the mid-pipe. Here's a pic of my akraprovic slip-on and black mid-pipe. look at the thread I posted for more details on the painting. http://www.sportbikez.net/picture/3196

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: is there a way to get into your stock exhaust can? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.441802024841 seconds processing time