HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Computer NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
K-is king

Parking Attendant
posted July 15, 2004 01:45 AM        
Kawasaki Computer

When down to my dealer today to pick up my ohlins damper,Much to my surprise there was no damper but instead are Factory kawasaki Race computer supposedly for race bikes only.He asures me that this unit will deliever more power than are pc3 or commander and also he is holding the only 2 in the country.As he is very keen for me to purchase 1. He has been kind enough to give this product to me at cost,on the invoiced sent by kawasaki states it is for race use only and the best part of all, the price $1350 us cost.
So fellow riders is this pc any better than what else is on the market,will this give me the edge over my compertion 3 zx 10s or is it mere sales pitches,Any imput would be appreciated.

K Bryant seeking prices and contacts for Jardine exhausts in New Zealand possibly 3.Any help would be appeciated.

Ignore this member   
CJzx-10r

Novice Class
posted July 15, 2004 03:18 AM        
I have two friends that bought this new computer . One had his bike dyno and mapped with it. He only gain 2 hp and torque was better, but don't know how much better. He was told if this bike have speed limits this computer would solve them. Do anybody know for sure?
  Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 15, 2004 04:06 AM        
Hmm....I don't see either of you guys mentioning the additional expense of the interface module and the PC to interface module cable. Nor are either one of you guys talking about the software that goes with it. K is in NZ, so I guess he's not aware of those other pieces (even tho they are listed online right along with the computer), but CJ is in Alabama, and his 'friend' sure didn't seem to know much for having spend mega bucks...In TOTAL, it's more like $1850 retail for the ECU, the adapter, and the interface cord. Checking Ron Ayers (cheapest source I know of) the parts aren't available, so I have to go with the retail prices...

How bout it? What's the deal with that?

Ignore this member   
CJzx-10r

Novice Class
posted July 15, 2004 09:33 PM        
Swft.... I don't know how much they paid for their ecu,module wiring harness, These guys don't care money they just want hp.
  Ignore this member   
top shelf

Novice Class
posted July 15, 2004 09:35 PM        
After speaking with several well known tuners in California, the Kawi box is well beyond what most riders will EVER notice. Yes with hours of tuning, you could get the bike better than with a PC 3. However, it will cost you A LOT of tuning time to get it there, and the difference will be minimal. IF you are racing at a national level where every tiny bit matters, go for it, but it 's a lot of cash. Just think, $300 for a PC3USB and $1000 for tuning, you could get it really good!
  Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted July 15, 2004 09:54 PM        
top shelf - I have to agree. Below is a quote from a previous thread about the ECU -
quote:
I helped a friend out for a day on the dyno with the full akro evo thing and KMC ECU thing, and we stopped at 10 hp gain after about 10 or 15 runs. He seemed very satisfied with the results and the fuel curve looked about as good as you can get it. But the bike was a little low on hp to begin with (140 hp baseline). So 10 - 12 with mapping is believable.

K-is king - Mladin's is not yet set-up in NZ. Contact Jenny at: jbryant@jardineproducts.com. She takes care of all the export sales. She'll get ya a deal. Mention you "spoke" to me on this site and we'll take care of ya.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawasaki Computer NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.64354801178 seconds processing time