HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: zx10 racing supra video. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
sabersaw30

Parking Attendant
posted July 13, 2004 04:17 PM        Edited By: sabersaw30 on 13 Jul 2004 17:55
zx10 racing supra video.

http://home.comcast.net/~is3finallymd/ZX-10R.mpgSupras or pretty quick at 28# of boost.

Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted July 13, 2004 08:53 PM        
Saw that vid on SH.org

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Matt Sterbator's homepage. 
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 13, 2004 10:00 PM        Edited By: whitesands26 on 13 Jul 2004 23:05
Why are all vids of modded supras taking on virtually stock bikes ?

I met a ricer wannabe guy bragging about a supra spanking a busa....Further questioning revealed the busa was completely stock while the supra was gutted out, huge motor mods, and nitrous out the wazoo...
How about comparing one of these suckers with a properly modded busa ? Hardly any videos of comparable modded bikes...All the ricers with 20k on top of the price of the car poured into them want to take on bone stock bikes....lol

Ignore this member   
tazzmndvl

Parking Attendant
posted July 13, 2004 10:21 PM        
WTF? Is he doing a roll on 6th gear? That ZX10 needs to be on 2nd or 3rd and I'm sure the ZX10 will smoke the supra in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, that fool on the ZX10 needs gear.

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 13, 2004 10:53 PM        
Heres what blows my mind. All these ricer jackasses go spend 20, 30 even 40k on a car and then drop another 10,12, 15k just to make it do what I can make an 1995 ford mustan or even camoro do for 10,000 + 5000 in upgrades. Or I just go buy a 10,000 dollar motorcycle, put 3-4k in it and your dumbasses will never touch me no matter how much money mommy and daddy have. F-ing morons. I just don't understand it. And don't anyone say it's for the challenge. Where the hell is the challenge in spending to much money for not enough result. stupid, stupid, stupid.!!!
  Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted July 14, 2004 04:08 AM        
As evidenced by these 3 posts here, sportbikers in general are worse than most ricers.

dnwhoop02

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2004 06:20 AM        
worse in what way?

Ignore this member    Click here to send dnwhoop02 an AIM message. 
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2004 07:07 AM        
Hey matt, how's your civic runnin'? Oh, by the way, your pants are fallin' down and your hat's crooked!!
  Ignore this member   
kdecelle

Novice Class
posted July 14, 2004 10:04 AM        
nothing but rednecks in F350 pickup trucks here in Calgary. but I smoke them too.

Ignore this member   
sabersaw30

Parking Attendant
posted July 14, 2004 05:25 PM        Edited By: sabersaw30 on 14 Jul 2004 18:27
The supra the guy was racing had like 788 rear wheel horspower and 600 and something ftlbs of torque.He better be able to beat a stock bike.That is probably 900 horsepower at the crank.
  Ignore this member   
crispin

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2004 06:09 PM        
Hmmm.

Jealousy abounds here.

I have a Turbo Porsche that has over 40K in mods.

I don't think it makes me stupid just because I could of bought a 10K mustang instead.

My parents are poor and I made my money myself.

You should try admiring more than you hate.

Peace

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2004 10:44 PM        
I do admire, if that's what you really did. I wasnt giving you shit. It's the ones who do it on their own that DONT talk shit. The rest are chumps.
  Ignore this member   
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 14, 2004 11:08 PM        Edited By: whitesands26 on 15 Jul 2004 00:17
lol...No jealousy...Just sayin bikes are faster stock for stock...

I hope your turbo porsche never runs into turbo busa...lol

Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2004 04:14 PM        
Bottom line is who ever dumps the most money into the vehicle wins in most cases.

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 18, 2004 05:52 PM        
Old old saying goes that the only thing that beats cubic inches is rectangular dollars.
  Ignore this member   
supraman95mb

Expert Class
posted July 18, 2004 06:25 PM        
quote:
Heres what blows my mind. All these ricer jackasses go spend 20, 30 even 40k on a car and then drop another 10,12, 15k just to make it do what I can make an 1995 ford mustan or even camoro do for 10,000 + 5000 in upgrades. Or I just go buy a 10,000 dollar motorcycle, put 3-4k in it and your dumbasses will never touch me no matter how much money mommy and daddy have. F-ing morons. I just don't understand it. And don't anyone say it's for the challenge. Where the hell is the challenge in spending to much money for not enough result. stupid, stupid, stupid.!!!

Yeah I have to say that is alittle over the top bro. I know Chad with the Supra and he is a stand up guy. Super nice guy. He didnt even come here to post, it was found and posted here. I also have a Supra with about 800hp as well as a 10R. I will say that if you think it takes that much money to make a supra fast then thats fine. Just keeps another poser off of the street with one.

BTW I drive my supra to work everyday with the air on. It gets 25mpg and it has a stock shortblock. I am putting a bigger turbo on it next year and run 1000hp. So how streetable is your mustangs, etc and do you drive them to work everyday? My car makes 200hp without boost so it is a very smooth streetable, quiet car. Yeah mustangs can go fast cheap, BUT SUPRAS ARE NOT RICER CARS!

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 19, 2004 09:08 PM        
Hey, I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings. But I've seen it to many times. Some dude shows up with a car he bought for 35,000 he's dropped about 10 to 12 into the motor, trans, turbo, nitrous, whatever he wanted to do, hits the line, get's the green on the tree and gets smoked by a redneck in a 81 Dodge duster worth 8000 total. I love racing and I will always give props to those who do. But, if someone steps up and talks shit without knowing their shit, they deserve a good ass whoopin on the track. I'm gonna be a man, step up, apologize and eat my earlier words. No disrespect to those who do it right. Just please understand my frustration when money runs someones mouth and not their brain. Sorry fellas!!!
  Ignore this member   
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 19, 2004 10:45 PM        
Stock for stock bike always wins in the 1/4....Dollars wins along with skill.....yes...But no streetable modded car is gonna beat a streatable modded bike...

0-60....1/4...top end....Ya ain't gonna take a properly modded turbo busa....Dollar for dollar bike always wins......

Unless your car has to be hauled to the track with a semi ya ain't gonna take a properly modded streetable bike.....

Cars win when the word "car" is only applicable because it has 4 wheels......Yeah it's a "car" but it can't turn a corner.

Man, with a skilled rider we got NEARLY STOCK motorcycles doin' 9 flat in the 1/4...lol

Ignore this member   
matt sterbator

Pro
Hiding in the bushes
posted July 20, 2004 10:59 AM        
Holy crap... any more excuses ?

bigju

Expert Class
posted July 20, 2004 12:49 PM        
My only thing with cars is people like this. I work with a guy who has a 02 Acura NSX with about 20K in the engine. He always talks about how bad he beats Corvette's, and Porsche's. But when you spend 80k on the car and you put another 20K in it you should beat a 50 thousand dollar corvette. You can take a 20k Z28 SS install a super charger and do a little head work and kick that guys ass. If you have deep pockets and know what to buy you will win races. I personally Like V8 cars more (Except the Grand National)
  Ignore this member   
bluedevil

Expert Class
posted July 20, 2004 05:43 PM        
quote:
My only thing with cars is people like this. I work with a guy who has a 02 Acura NSX with about 20K in the engine. He always talks about how bad he beats Corvette's, and Porsche's. But when you spend 80k on the car and you put another 20K in it you should beat a 50 thousand dollar corvette. You can take a 20k Z28 SS install a super charger and do a little head work and kick that guys ass. If you have deep pockets and know what to buy you will win races. I personally Like V8 cars more (Except the Grand National)

I hear you. I once was in a hot rod shop and over heard at the counter some punks talking about how they have nitrous and now can beat V8s. So I installed a nitrous system (less than 2k with bolt ons) on my 1995 camaro and never had a problem with them. If I did have a problem then I just bring out the ninja and everyones 50k mods are now useless when I drive up next to them. It's great owning a bike because I save alot of money and I am usually king of the road.

Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted July 20, 2004 08:13 PM        
You all have agree it is so much fun when you have some guy in a car that thinks he's going to beat you or give ya challange on the freeway or at a stop, then ya smoke his az!

Ignore this member   
supraman95mb

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2004 12:40 PM        
Yeah we have a few people here with so much money it is not even funny. So I know what some of you guys mean.

My supra just has bolt on stuff and bigger turbo. It has a stock longblock though. One of the shops here (23yr old girl owned that is a multi millionaire) got pissed, majorly pissed because everyone was telling her how fast my car was. She bought the Fast and the Furious Skyline and has a host of cars sitting at her 4million dollar shop.

What does she do about it. She fly's some big tuner in for a week. Spends 57k just on the long block building it. Then a 74mm turbo kit, fuel, etc, etc. Full slicks and the car was completely gutted. They dynoed only 766rwhp. It then ran a 12.4 best on slicks. I had ran an 11.9 spinning up to 80mph on street 19" tire combo.
Needless to say she was pissed. So I went back last night just changing to drag radials and turned up the boost alittle bit and ran a 10.9.

Just an example that I have fun playing and some people take it personal. Just like the 10R. I took it to RA in April and it was one of the first 10's ever on a track. I had every poser on the track just about take me out trying to get a piece of the 10.

People that arent cool, cant drive, and want to be popular can be dangerous if they get into fast bikes and cars!!!

Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 21, 2004 12:58 PM        
Well, I don't think I need to keep rambling about my point. Now do I? Thanx for the conversation/debate gents.
  Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 21, 2004 01:02 PM        
Atr least when they get into fast bikes, Darwin usually plays his part.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: zx10 racing supra video. NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22149920463562 seconds processing time