HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Welcome new sponsor Area P ! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted July 12, 2004 07:57 PM        
Welcome new sponsor Area P !

Big thanks to Area P, who have come on board as a Bikeland.org sponsor. Area P is the newest choice for motorcycle exhaust systems, though they have been manufacturing exhausts for private labels for a while. A good, quality product, with no BS. Go to their site (http://www.areapnolimits.com) to see just how straight up they are. I've never seen a manufacturer go to such lengths to inform their customers of what they're getting.

And to top it off, they are selling their first run of carbon fiber can / titanium s-pipe ZX10R slip-ons for US$300! Can't beat that.

So again, welcome and thank you to Area P!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Nelson10R

Novice Class
posted July 12, 2004 11:49 PM        
Nice

Ignore this member   
12RPilot

Pro
posted July 13, 2004 01:25 AM        
What the hell, I'll be the guinea pig. I have a dyno day coming up on the 24th. Maybe I can do a before and after.
  Ignore this member    Click here to send 12RPilot an ICQ message. Click here to add 1781480 to your ICQ list. 
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted July 13, 2004 05:01 AM        
Welcome to Kenny!

Looks like a solid product, one that will compete well, nice finish from the photos.

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 13, 2004 04:21 PM        
Nice - very clean S-bend and an angle between stock and following the body line.
  Ignore this member   
Michael Lee

Zone Head
Purchase Ivy
posted July 13, 2004 08:06 PM        
welcome
  Ignore this member   
kenny b

Parking Attendant
posted July 13, 2004 08:43 PM        
Thanx very much. I've heard very good things about this site. It has a good reputation and the industry people who participate and advertise are top notch and I have the utmost respect for them That's where I would like to be and I'll work hard to get there!
  Ignore this member     
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted July 14, 2004 08:36 AM        
Welcome, Kenny....enjoy the ride

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
aleek2die

Parking Attendant
posted July 14, 2004 02:29 PM        
I live right by them...maybe I will pay them a visit once I get my zx-10r
  Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 14, 2004 03:35 PM        
Me too.
  Ignore this member   
JNM

Expert Class
posted July 14, 2004 06:28 PM        
Welcome Kenny. That is a very clean, no nonsense product you are offering. Quality looks great. Best of luck to you.
CCS #428

Ignore this member   
extremelean

Pro
posted July 14, 2004 06:55 PM        
Hey Kenny....I heard about your doings AND you from your dad.
You can take that for what it's worth LOL!!

Good luck on your ventures and welcome to the board.

BTW....how does it feel to be the son of PAPA SMURF......LMFAO!!!

Ignore this member   
kenny b

Parking Attendant
posted July 14, 2004 09:21 PM        
Thanx. My Dad warned me about you.. Just kidding....

"PAPA SMURF"? He must not have told me about that one. I'm almost afraid to ask... That doesn't have anything to do with the test ride he went on with you guys; does it? All I know is that he rides like a psycho in traffic, no traffic, rain, night, etc.. I know it sounds crazy, but he really enjoys ripping around dragging knees in the moonlight. I think it comes from his racing days. When he endurance raced at Suzuka and the 24 hrs at Willow, he was always chosen to ride at night and was one of the fastest guys. He still is, he just needs glasses now! (Just kiddin POP, don't get pissed at me )

Ignore this member     
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted July 14, 2004 09:39 PM        
...they have Paul Sr and Paul Jr....hell...lets get Discovery Channel to do a story on these two...sportbike-style.....

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted July 14, 2004 10:06 PM        
Uh-huh.... It would be entertaining to say the least....

Oh and hey there numnuts - you know I only wear glasses when I want to go real fast. And a quote from a Clint Eastwood movie - "I'm faster than you'll ever be boy"! Luv ya.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted July 15, 2004 05:53 AM        
nice s-bend!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
D

Needs a job
posted July 16, 2004 10:14 AM        
Just put bout 60 miles on the bike with tis slip-on - I like it!

Sound is not intrusive while riding but way better than stock once ya get some rev's into her and somehow they've found a way to get some better midrange power in there too.

I missed some of the lower rpm torque of the 12 - this set up provides some lower rpm pull that reminds me of the way the 12 was.

It's not a very loud pipe - watch this space next week for a write-up of the "loud" option.

Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 19, 2004 09:12 PM        
Sounded real good on the dyno yesterday - put down a 153.

There were a couple Gix1K's that ran 140-44 - nuthin close.

I like the improved midrange that this set-up provides.

Ignore this member   
DB

Pro
posted July 19, 2004 11:15 PM        
welcome to the board and thanks for being a sponsor

Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 27, 2004 11:40 AM        
So now I've been runnin the larger core set-up - this is the set-up for those of you who want some good sound.

It's still not obnoxious (IMO) but it does sound very good and I think the pipe is still breaking in.

I like the way the tip looks too - looks better (to me) and proportionate with the larger outlet.

I had noticed some mid-range gain with the quieter set-up - this set-up seems to be really linear (I'm waiting to dyno still - should be real nice curve with this).

Ignore this member   
kenny b

Parking Attendant
posted July 27, 2004 10:50 PM        
Cool! We'll dyno it the week of the 9th. It will definetly take some breaking in. Probably not as long as the standard core, since there is naturally less packing material with a larger diameter core.

Linear is an accurate way to describe the larger core. The standard core rips in the mid-range (6 plus hp gain), and is excellent on top (4 hp gain).

The Extreme Core comes on earlier, and stays later, as well as being louder of course.

Ignore this member     
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted July 28, 2004 02:59 PM        
so who else has picked up teh Area P can? at that price i can't beleive they're not already all gone.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Warlord

Expert Class
posted July 28, 2004 03:21 PM        
kenny b, how long is the introductory price going to be in effect? Might be interested in picking one up but would like to see D's dyno test results with the extreme core.
  Ignore this member   
kenny b

Parking Attendant
posted July 28, 2004 03:49 PM        
Hi Warlord - I'll be running the special pricing until at least the end of August. My Dad said laying it all out on the line with testimonials from customers on this site, is the best way to get my company name out there. I don't mind admitting that I trust his judgement. My hope is that people will see this hand-crafted system is a labor of love and I put my heart into each and every one of them like it was going on my own bike (or his...). Obviously I'm not making much on them, but that will come down the road. Thank your for asking about it.
  Ignore this member     
k bryant

Needs a job
Sponsor
posted July 28, 2004 03:54 PM        
You know, I've dreamed of this day for awhile, and I would assume it's every father's wish that his son(s) follow in his footsteps. But this is just plain wierd......
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit K Bryant's homepage. 
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Welcome new sponsor Area P ! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.21562099456787 seconds processing time