HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Bike versus dog. No winner NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
otto65

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2004 05:28 PM        
Bike versus dog. No winner

Well today was great right up until I got the phone call. Me and my freinds just got back from a ride around scenic northwest Connecticut. Scott on his Zrex 12 and Jeff on his 4 day old Triumph speed triple. Were cracking a beer and lying about our riding prowness when Jeff splits to go home. We did'nt even finish our beer's when Jeff calls to say he just hit a dog! It's right down the street so we hop in my truck and rip down to see his bike standing upright in the wrong side of the road and a police cruiser behind him. Walking up to the scene we see old yellar on the curb with the eyes rolled up and the tongue stuck out. Jeff is rashed up pretty bad,helmet scratched up, bike scraped up on the right side. Dogs owners arent home so the police call them and leave a message. Dog had no tags but was wearing a shock collar. Jeff was able to ride the bike back to Scotts but the bars are way off and cases all scraped. Jeff said the dog hopped out of the woods in front of him stopped ,and as Jeff broke to the left the dog ran right into him. Bum deal for all involved. The black Speed Triple had 239 miles!

Ignore this member   
bovinespongiformencephalo

Pro
variant Kreutzfeldt-Jakob
posted July 03, 2004 06:31 PM        
Look at the bright side. At least the stupid dog is dead. No chance he'll take YOU out.
  Ignore this member   
robnshell57

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2004 08:44 PM        
quote:
Look at the bright side. At least the stupid dog is dead. No chance he'll take YOU out.

maybe you are stupid, this wasn't anyone's fault, certainly not the dog's or the riders.

Ignore this member   
runninhorn

Expert Class
posted July 03, 2004 09:41 PM        
got any pics?
  Ignore this member    Click here to send runninhorn an AIM message. 

Pro
posted July 03, 2004 10:14 PM        
quote:
quote:

maybe you are stupid, this wasn't anyone's fault, certainly not the dog's or the riders.

The fault is totally with the dog's owner. But that's one dog that won't injure another biker. I'm sick and fucking tired of being nearly killed by some asshole's loose animal, and of watching friends get taken out by one. It's the dog's owner that will suffer, and the irresponsible turd deserves it.

Ignore this member   
otto65

Novice Class
posted July 04, 2004 03:51 AM        
Sorry horn ,no pics. Bovine is right . Owners are at fault. In Connecticut is is illegal to let your dog roam. Either way both partys are gonna suffer.

Ignore this member   
CrotchRocket

Bracket Racing with Betsy
posted July 04, 2004 06:30 AM        
I would take the owner of the dog to small claims court to get him to pay for the damaged motorcycle...The owner is negligent for not securing the dog to his property correctly...

Call me a scumbag, but that bike was 4 days old with 239 miles...Now he has to put another $ 1,000.00 into it!!!

*****DragRacers do it better, because they dont cut Corners*****

Ignore this member    Click here to visit CrotchRocket's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 04, 2004 06:37 AM        
No doubt, the dog's owners are at fault.
  Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted July 04, 2004 06:38 AM        
Unless TurboBlew was in the neighborhood. Then the dog was prolly trying to escape him!
  Ignore this member   
andy

Expert Class
posted July 04, 2004 03:16 PM        
This is why you teach your dog not to go into the street.
  Ignore this member   
D

Needs a job
posted July 05, 2004 07:18 AM        
That sucks.

So am I to understand that he "had one for the road" before he left?

Ignore this member   
otto65

Novice Class
posted July 05, 2004 03:17 PM        
No D , Jeff did'nt have one for the road. He was going home then to work(State cop ,evening shift) We all know better than that. But after the ride is another thing.

Ignore this member   
robnshell57

Novice Class
posted July 05, 2004 05:06 PM        
bovine-i agree that the dogs owner are at fault, in all cases such as this. what i meant is the dog didn't wait in the bushes saying to himself " ooh, here he comes, i'm gunna run out there and take him out."
  Ignore this member   
katoom

Parking Attendant
posted July 05, 2004 05:37 PM        
That suck's man, I almost hit a deer today on Lockwood creek rd. Scared the shit out of me. I was freaked out for the rest of the ride.
  Ignore this member   

Pro
posted July 05, 2004 10:29 PM        
Find out whose deer it was and bitch-slap them.
  Ignore this member   
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 06, 2004 06:47 PM        Edited By: whitesands26 on 6 Jul 2004 19:47
"""Were cracking a beer and lying about our riding prowness when Jeff splits to go home"""

If he was having a beer...Sorry...Not the dog's fault but your buddy's fault for drinking and riding...It's the worst combo!

Poor dog.

Ignore this member   

Pro
posted July 06, 2004 08:01 PM        
What're you? The forum PITA rep? I could care less if the guy was blind drunk. Some asshole let his dog get loose and now he gets to mourn it. Good. It'll give him something to take his mind off the lawsuit if the kid that hit it has any sense. The dog is just an animal. Some of us eat animals. Some of us run them over. Some of us run them over and then eat them. But we don't talk about it. Much.
  Ignore this member   
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 06, 2004 09:00 PM        Edited By: whitesands26 on 6 Jul 2004 22:05
quote:
What're you? The forum PITA rep? I could care less if the guy was blind drunk. Some asshole let his dog get loose and now he gets to mourn it. Good. It'll give him something to take his mind off the lawsuit if the kid that hit it has any sense. The dog is just an animal. Some of us eat animals. Some of us run them over. Some of us run them over and then eat them. But we don't talk about it. Much.

If someone decides to drink and go ride so be it..But...I will not blame an animal for someone who was given a mind to use good judgment....We may be above the animals but we cannot blame an animal for our lack of good judgement...

So....my question to you is.....Who are you ? An advocate of drinking and riding? Surely you must understand that it is more dangerous than drinking and driving a 4 wheeled vehicle!!!

You don't care if he was blind drunk and riding ?

Now I see what kind of intelligence I'm dealing with.

Ignore this member   

Pro
posted July 06, 2004 10:44 PM        
I'm an advocate of responsible pet ownership. I never blamed the dog. I'm just happy it died before some motorcyclist got seriously hurt. See the difference?
  Ignore this member   
robnshell57

Novice Class
posted July 07, 2004 08:14 AM        
I have to agree with whitesands, there is no possible way to reason with you. I don't see how being happy that anyone died, the dog or the bike, can be a thing. I doubt that it makes you a better person for thinking that way.
  Ignore this member   

Pro
posted July 07, 2004 10:13 PM        
You don't want to know what I really think about loose dogs and their fuckwit owners.
  Ignore this member   
whitesands26

Novice Class
posted July 07, 2004 11:01 PM        Edited By: whitesands26 on 8 Jul 2004 00:06
There is a difference...

Still, a motorcyclist that is drinking and riding is much more a hazard to himself than someone's loose dog.

Ignore this member   

Pro
posted July 08, 2004 07:11 AM        
Huge difference. The beer drunk moron on the bike is likely to hurt himself. The irresponsible asshole dog owner is likely to hurt someone else.
  Ignore this member   
papawheelie

Expert Class
posted July 08, 2004 09:13 AM        
I think what bovine was trying to say is that his friend and him cracked a beer while the other guy left. I don't think it said anywhere in here that he was drinking and riding. I could be wrong. But that's how I read it.
  Ignore this member   
KawRider

Expert Class
posted July 08, 2004 10:29 AM        
The Owner should be taken out and run over. I had to to an extreme evasive swerve/braking maneuver last night to keep from hitting a big assed dog last night. Thank you BMW.

Tim
Black ZX-14

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: Bike versus dog. No winner NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.45907711982727 seconds processing time