HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......MUZZY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
600rr

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 12:52 PM        
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......MUZZY

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON BUT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A MUZZY EXHAUST SINCE MAY 2.....I DONT KNOW IF ITS MUZZY THAT SLOW AS HELL OR JUST PARTS UNLIMITED BUT THIS IS GETTING SILLY

Ignore this member     
Drowland

Zone Head
posted June 21, 2004 01:31 PM        
Me too I told them to call me when the full system is available and I wanted to purchase the Euro signals. I havent' heard anything from them. I purchased several things from them in the past. So I ended up with the Ti force system. Very nice system
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
ZX10BURNER

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 01:47 PM        
Are you waiting for a slip-on or full system? According to Muzzys site they have slip-ons in stock.

From what I understand the full system is suppose to be out sometime this month. Have a little patience cause knowing Muzzy it will be worth the wait. Hell Micron is still waiting to release the Serpent for the 10 so........what's that say.

Ignore this member   
badboy

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 01:58 PM        
Muzzy is worth the wait...you have to be kidding

If you can afford it get an Akrapovic
NOTHING comes close

Not sure if your trying to Bling It'll match your bike
but if you wanna smash some SERIOUS ASS

Save your breath call kawasaki, Lockhart-phillips, or give one of our brothers overseas the business like Jamparts.de (something like that spelling)

Muzzys is like a used tampon.
Nasty Fat wet and slow!

Remember Kawasaki uses and sells Akrapovic
All teams use them
And I already have mine for cheap
Slovinian wonder pipe!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit badboy's homepage. 
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 21, 2004 02:55 PM        
600rr... your mistake was to place an order through Jerks Unlimited.

How many hands do you want your pipe to pass through???

From what I understand, the full pipes just went into production.

Perhaps you should consider buying from the source instead of a middle mans like Markup Unlimited.

Ignore this member   
ZX10BURNER

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:08 PM        
BadBoy,
Tell us how you really feel!!!!

Ignore this member   
madav8tr

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:26 PM        
TiForce

Nothing comes close to Akra? My TiForce full system gave me 14 extra HP, looks awesome and costs less than the Akra. Arata is another great system with gains similar to Akra for less money. Akra is a great pipe no doubt but to simply dismiss the other pipes on the market is silly.

Ignore this member     
ZX10BURNER

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:37 PM        Edited By: ZX10BURNER on 21 Jun 2004 16:39
What Mad said, btw take a look at http://www.k-factory.com or http://www.beet.co.jp other quality ti systems.

Ignore this member   
RobMuzzy

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:40 PM        
So Bad Boy- How many race wins does Kawasaki have using the Akro pipe? How many Championships has Kawasaki won using the Akro pipe? Makes me wonder about the Slovinian Wonder. In case you are not old enough to remmember Kawasaki won more races and Championships in one year running the MUZZY exhaust than they have in total years using Akro.
  Ignore this member   
ZX10BURNER

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:44 PM        
Very true words indeed Mr. Muzzy.

Ignore this member   
widowmaker

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 03:49 PM        Edited By: widowmaker on 21 Jun 2004 17:07
RobMuzzy GET THE HESITATION OUT!!!!
I bought the full ti system for my 2003 zx12.
Ive done everything and can't get rid of it
and you guy's at muzzy act like I am the only one with the problem sorry but everyone I know has the same problem even my buddy runs the dyno at a local shop and can't get it all the way out. even with a 400$ powercommander its still their a little the Akrapovic don't even need a powercommander.
I even went so far as having the differnt
baffle put in for a extra $65.its still their thanks, I just bought the 04 zx12r
with the new sub throtle bodies I might try the muzzy on it.

I Have a 12 and I have had both muzzy and Akrapovic, get the Akrapovic
the bike will run better.

When racing who wants to HESITATE at the line???

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted June 21, 2004 04:19 PM        
are you talking about the dead spot around 3 or 4k RPM? that's even there on the stock pipe. a pipe plsu some good tuning wiht a pc3 will help smooth the flat spot out, but i have NEVER heard of anyone completely getting rid of the flat spot on the 12.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 21, 2004 05:20 PM        
Widow... get a clue. Ask Mr Bryant about the HRC spec Jardine exhaust for WSB... and the consumer version...lol.
Better yet, ask Yoshimura for a WSB spec Ti pipe....see if that sets you back $4,000....lol

Try using a competent tuner as well.

Ignore this member   
jake76

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 06:05 PM        
My dealer originally ordered my Muzzy slip-on through Parts Unlimited. I waited for 2 months and all I got from Parts was them saying that they won't be able to get the titanium mid-pipe and can combo. Great info to hear 2 months later!!! So my dealer cancelled that order and ordered the pipe directly from Muzzys, and I received the pipe 4 working days later. Thumbs up to Muzzys!!!

Ignore this member       
RobMuzzy

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 06:16 PM        
Widowmaker- You are correct about the flat spot at very low rpm. Some bikes have it very badly and some don't have it at all. Most customers have been able to map it out. Those that are very sensitive have been happy with the results from the quiet core baffle. Apparently you have an extreem case. This is usually caused by the cam timing being to far from spec. We recommend 105/103.
  Ignore this member   
deathpulse

Pro
posted June 21, 2004 06:21 PM        
Muzzy's tech support, community support and god damn cool ass participation in boards like this makes me a convert . Akra's are nice too - but Rob and Doug M have PERSONALLY assisted me with questions on the '12 side of this board. Now THAT is support!!! I'd rather put my cash toward a company that deals with our community like Muzzy's does - just my 2 cents.
  Ignore this member   
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted June 21, 2004 06:24 PM        
Ummm, Widow.

Man-up, dude.

Rob not only has resources you don't, but the grace to respond civilly. Will you do less?

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
RobMuzzy

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 06:29 PM        
600rr- They are half way thru the production cycle. We are doing everything possible to get them done. We will turn around and start a new run immediately as most all of the first run are sold.
  Ignore this member   
pmkin10r

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 08:30 PM        
Rob, Doug, Scott... Man those were the days. Thanks for the thrills!
Sorry for the diversion, just taking a little trip down memory lane.

Ignore this member   
lrg

Novice Class
posted June 21, 2004 10:54 PM        
quote:
Muzzy is worth the wait...you have to be kidding

If you can afford it get an Akrapovic
NOTHING comes close

Not sure if your trying to Bling It'll match your bike
but if you wanna smash some SERIOUS ASS

Save your breath call kawasaki, Lockhart-phillips, or give one of our brothers overseas the business like Jamparts.de (something like that spelling)

Muzzys is like a used tampon.
Nasty Fat wet and slow!

Remember Kawasaki uses and sells Akrapovic
All teams use them
And I already have mine for cheap
Slovinian wonder pipe!

Thats some real shit talking. Post up your dyno slip then so we can see how much more BHP and torque the wonder pipe has than pipes hundreds less. Actually the Akro always reminds me of a Ti-Force rip off.

Wow at the Akro site the have a dyno posted with a whopping 7hp at 11900. I bet nothing can touch that. I think Akro is a cool pipe to look at anyway.

Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted June 22, 2004 03:53 AM        
Badboy,
Not ALL teams use AK's....
Kawasaki Factory Drag Racers use Muzzy exhaust with excellent results.
Dan

Ignore this member   
600rr

Novice Class
posted June 22, 2004 04:11 AM        
well i didnt order a full system i got a TI slipon....thats what im waiting for....and the only reason i got it from parts unlimited is because i put it on the loan with my bike.....from kawi.....its not my fualt that all the dealerships parts departments are totally fucking worthless.......anyway....i wish thos bastards would just order it direct from you...
  Ignore this member     
RobMuzzy

Expert Class
posted June 22, 2004 07:50 AM        
600rr- Parts unlimited "do not" sell our "Titanium" products they can only be purchased from an authorized MUZZY dealer or direct from Muzzys. Sorry that you have had this problem. All Kawasaki dealerships can buy direct from muzzys and receive dealer pricing.
  Ignore this member   
600rr

Novice Class
posted June 22, 2004 08:41 AM        
thats not what they say and have been saying
  Ignore this member     
600rr

Novice Class
posted June 22, 2004 09:35 AM        
*update* i just got back from my local dealer and i mad them cancle the order from partsunlimited and had them call muzzys and order it.....i wanted the carbon can but they said it was a special build and would take 10 extra days......so since i have been waiting for it for 2 mounths i decided to just get the ti pipe with ti can.....man what a pain in the ass....anyway i hope i get it sometime this week....but i know i will not its shipping from cali.....and im sure it will go ground...so i will prolly get it middle of next week
  Ignore this member     
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......MUZZY NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2314989566803 seconds processing time