HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: dealer cost???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Evander

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 01:26 PM        Edited By: Evander on 21 Jun 2004 19:11
Dealer cost????

What does the dealer pay for a 10R? I used to have a website that would charge $13 to give you the cost to the dealer for a certain bike, but I lost the link. Did anybody here happen to check the dealer cost of the ZX-10R? TIA

Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted June 21, 2004 02:21 PM        
a little over 15% margin on sportbikes. Sold for powersports dealership part time for a couple of years
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
Evander

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 04:05 PM        
So the dealer pays $9350 for a ZX-10R? How in the hell are some people on this board getting a 10R for under that price?

Hey you guys getting cheap 10R's!!!! You sleeping with the dealer or what???

Ignore this member   
Drowland

Zone Head
posted June 21, 2004 05:17 PM        
Sometimes there is some advertising allowance and kick backs. But that is dealer cost. The dealer may buy the units NNN meaning no advertising allowance and kick back. Meaning the bottom line what they have in it. They call this triple Net. Meaning NNN. Bottom line. Most dealers do not do this. Most dealers use this NNN profit to help pay for their "floor plan" (financing of equipment on the floor)
  Ignore this member    Click here to send Drowland an AIM message. 
widowmaker

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 05:23 PM        
I think it has alot to do with where you live, out on the west coast their cheaper than here in the midwest.
they are 10,999 here around chicago if you have all the cash you can talk it down a little.

Ignore this member   
TurboBlew

Needs a job
BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 21, 2004 06:25 PM        
Its simple economics. The mags love the bike....so dealers have no motivation to discount.
I find it hard to believe that many ZX10 owners have gotten theirs at a severe discount. Average price seems to be about $10,800 otd... give or take a few hundy. And Im guessing that many have bought bikes before, so they may have gotten some kinda loyalty discount.

Ignore this member   
Boman

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 08:22 PM        
I got mine for 9450.00, I work for a auto dealership that owns (did own just sold it) a Kawasaki dealership. I checked all over the Southeast texas area and the dealers were all asking 10,999 to 11,500

Ignore this member    Click here to send Boman an AIM message. 
Boman

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 08:24 PM        
They told me this was 200.00 over cost. Forgot to add that

Ignore this member    Click here to send Boman an AIM message. 
diablodcielo

Expert Class
posted June 21, 2004 08:36 PM        
I live in Houston Tx, I took my nephew down to a Kawa dealer , got a 10R for 10,600 out the door. When i bought My 02 12 R they gave me the best price for it too, paid 10,600 out the door on Feb 14 2002. The Rest of the dealers wanted 10,999 plus TTL,. Its Worth to shop around , even in the same city ull find some good dealeres willing to sell you a bike for a reasonable price.
  Ignore this member   
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted June 21, 2004 11:50 PM        
I got a frequent flyer discount at my dealer because it was the fourth bike that I've bought from him since Oct. 2001 with my '00 12R...and I paid a 'ringer' price, too

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
floyd

Novice Class
posted June 22, 2004 06:19 AM        
I paid $9752 with tax and title included OTD for my 03 ZX12
I paid $10,250 with tax and title included OTD for my 04 ZX10
It pays to shop around even look at small dealerships that dont move alot of sportbikes thats where I found my 10 hell that place still had an 01 ZX9 brand new sitting on the floor

Ignore this member   
engineermike

Expert Class
posted June 23, 2004 08:08 PM        
My dealership in Dallas showed me where dealer cost was $9,450, while I paid $9,700.

The liars at the local dealership said dealer cost was $10,000, but I've known them to be dishonest in the past.

Mike

Ignore this member   
o

Expert Class
posted June 23, 2004 08:57 PM        
11,476 otd at 3.9% for 5yrs. Every 10r in the area had a deposit on it or sold at 11,600. Supply and demand I guess. We have 6% sales tax here. This was in early April.

Ignore this member   
runninhorn

Expert Class
posted June 23, 2004 09:01 PM        
quote:
My dealership in Dallas showed me where dealer cost was $9,450, while I paid $9,700.

The liars at the local dealership said dealer cost was $10,000, but I've known them to be dishonest in the past.

Mike

where in dallas did u buy?

Ignore this member    Click here to send runninhorn an AIM message. 
engineermike

Expert Class
posted June 24, 2004 04:33 AM        
Kawasaki City in Irving. I drove from Baton Rouge to get it.

Mike

Ignore this member   
CanyonCarver

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2004 05:20 AM        
quote:
What does the dealer pay for a 10R? I used to have a website that would charge $13 to give you the cost to the dealer for a certain bike, but I lost the link. Did anybody here happen to check the dealer cost of the ZX-10R? TIA

I believe the site you're referring to is CycleBuy.com. As for the dealer cost, the price they pay is about $9,225 which includes a freight charge and assembly cost. Kawasaki also have a 5% holdback of list price on the bike.

Ignore this member   
Evander

Expert Class
posted June 25, 2004 11:41 AM        
CanyonCarver,

Thanks for the info. I understand most of your post but could you explain the "5% holdback of list price?" That part I don't understand. TIA.

Ignore this member   
CanyonCarver

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2004 09:05 AM        
quote:
CanyonCarver,

Thanks for the info. I understand most of your post but could you explain the "5% holdback of list price?" That part I don't understand. TIA.

It's money the manufacturer holds, based on the list price of the bike. The dealer pays full "dealer invoice" for the bike. Then, typically twice a year, the manufacturer pays any "holdback" money to the dealer for any bikes they've sold over the previous six months. Basically, it's an additional 5% profit for the dealer, but they have to wait as long a 6 months to see it.

Ignore this member   
kz2zx

Pro
Nobody in Particular
posted June 26, 2004 09:26 AM        
In the car world, it's a "Factory-to-Dealer Incentive".

Kawasaki pays it twice a year - April and October. So, you can sometimes lever a dealer for a few hundred less if you're buying 15-30 September...

I think you can leverage the holdback with a 6R, or a ZZR, but maybe not the 10R, it seems to be a hot seller.

www.dhowellbooks.com

Ignore this member   
Evander

Expert Class
posted June 26, 2004 10:31 AM        
Now I get it. Thanks guys.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX10R ZONE.com > Thread: dealer cost???? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.905787944794 seconds processing time