HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Clutch slipping NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
wrongway

Pro
posted November 04, 2010 10:37 AM        Edited By: wrongway on 5 Nov 2010 01:38
Clutch slipping

I had clutch issues at Maxton last week. Here is a datalog form the run

Red line is RPM ,Green is AFR , and White is wheel speed. When the nitrous is hit in 6th gear you can see the rpm go up and the wheel speed stay pretty constant. Then the wheel speed catches up and the rest of the run looks more normal ....

I have 5 heavy springs in there already and this just started happening since I put the ported head on. I pulled the clutches out and the stack height was good and all the fibers were in tolerance. Steels were starting to turn blue so I replaced the clutch pack.

It looks like I have hit the limit of what a stock ZX-14 clutch will do so a lock up is on the way. I am going to put the bike back on the dyno to see how much power I was making with the NOS, just so I know what the limit is ...

Roy

Ignore this member   
oldkawboy

Needs a job
posted November 04, 2010 11:35 AM        
Roy,

It was obvious from where I was standing that it was driving thru the clutch. Since the clutch didn't look too bad I'm wondering if you should make some spacers for the springs? I'd think two or three hundred thou should help and not go into coil bind.

Not sure if Ali could pull the lever in though............. :-)

Good to see you again, your bike done great.
Dan

Ignore this member   
whitehendrix

Zone Head
fails!
posted November 04, 2010 12:05 PM        
man i was looking forward to seeing if you were gonna make somethin there, mad scientist!!

you KNOW.... if you adopt me i can be official shop bitch.. i will bring my TIG welder and some cookies!!
come on man....

i'll mill you out a lock-up.
i need to machine a ring and lock-up hub for my clutch anyway. good adopted son/fadder project there, man.

Duct tape is the handyman's secret
weapon. The black is for formal
occasions. - ZRXDean

ill never own a busa unless
someone gives me one.... and then
ill sell it -KZScott

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Clutch slipping NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24504494667053 seconds processing time