HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Stretched Lowered Question? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
J_D_W_B

Expert Class
E-TARD
posted January 28, 2007 08:26 AM        
Stretched Lowered Question?

Hey thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I have a 03' R1 and i stretched the swingarm 12 Inches over stock and just lowered the front end to even it out. I didnt Lower it because i love street riding and like to get the lighter females on the back here and there, and if i lowered it for the track as i would do i would not be able to have a small passenger on the back. Anyways my question is:

Will a normal Braided brake line (rear) fit on the swingarm or now because its extended will i need a special one?

Also:

What sized chain do i need now for my 12 inch stretch. It will be set at either 11 or 12 inches?

Since im not in it for the Racing but more for the look im not going to bother getting a sprocket.

Ignore this member   
kawabusakid

Expert Class
Fast as my $$ will take me
posted January 28, 2007 04:05 PM        Edited By: kawabusakid on 28 Jan 2007 15:07
just would have to measure from the rear caliper to the peg assembly,and add 2'' inches for a bend where needed and have one made up,ther are places around that will make you one..however you need.......on the chain,i use a spare scrap chain and add the two tegether so you can mark it where you need it,and then count the pins on the chain,remove and order according to your pin count...if your in it for looks ,more than racing it,get a good O-ring chain...
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit KAWABUSAKID's homepage. 
BIKEGOD

Expert Class
I'm lost???
posted February 01, 2007 01:35 PM        
Yes, you are going to have to get a new rear brake line. Just get a 11"-15" braided line kit, It will only eun you about $65.00 ca.
Also, I hate to brake it to you man, but I'm sorry you wont be able to put you girfriend on the back anymore. evryone knows what I mean.
I say if your gonna stretch it, (for looks) why not lower it as well, If you dont lower it. It's going to look like ass!
But to each his owne. "DIFFERENT STROKES, FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS" i guess;

Anyways,,,,,,,Hope that helps.

Get in the car !

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Stretched Lowered Question? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.702959060669 seconds processing time