HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Race only bike without flywheel? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted December 18, 2006 11:23 PM        
Race only bike without flywheel?

Just curious if anybody on here runs a race only bike without the flywheel/stator and if there is any noticable difference?

In the near future I will be putting together an N/A race only bike to keep from destroying my ZX-12 street bike.

It would mainly be for Landspeed and occasional drag strip.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 19, 2006 12:33 AM        
spill yr guts, Gary!

what are you up to???????

Ignore this member   
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted December 19, 2006 01:14 AM        
I have thought about it many times, but have never tried it....
MM

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted December 19, 2006 05:24 AM        
Unfortunately I will be going to the darkside for this race only bike. It has been on the burner for a couple of years now, however after my brothers bike decided to have a nos fuel line clog, half the parts went to his bike to rebuild........... and since my bike has had a couple mishaps, funds have been short for the project bike. I still have most of the heavy duty motor parts, however I'll be needing to have the head, trans, and block massaged a touch since the later went into my bros bike. We have been and still are awaiting a donor rolling chasis of sorts for a reasonable price. I am very partial to N/A motors and am looking to put together a 1585cc bike. I just realized that for a race bike it may not need a flywheel, but was curious if that were possible and if the gains were worth wild.

Thanks,

Gary

Ignore this member   
entropy

posted December 19, 2006 01:05 PM        
Could get DaveO to build it, eh?

Or better yet, buy HIS motor if it isn't already sold ($8800)

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted December 19, 2006 10:11 PM        
NOS Fuel Line Clog!! I wonder where I have seen this before??
  Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted December 20, 2006 12:19 AM        
Yep, Dave O's engine would have been nice, but it was not for sale when I started collecting parts. I do need to have my cases, block and head machined on for larger head and case bolts. If you get a chance I need to get the name and number of the guy that did my starter gear if you do not mind Entropy. Then I'll be ready to have a little Dave O masage work done on it, but I do not think I can afford the full Dave O treatment as I am sure He keeps busy this time of year playing in the snow.

Yep, it was a sad day for that piston. That was about a year and a half ago, but my bro. did get some nice parts out of it ( Dave O head, JE pistons, Carrillo H-beams, R&D trans, Yancey OD gears, and a few other goodies we had laying around.

Those Nos gremlins have left a sour taste in our mouth though as we just found out his window switch went bad, but we still have this coming year.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted December 20, 2006 08:19 AM        
Now you know why I spent all of the time I did making the system run off of the main Pump. Until I got Stupid is was fool Proof now I need to make it Dam Fool Proof so that Even "I" Cannot do stupid again. (Is that possible??)
  Ignore this member   
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted December 20, 2006 10:27 AM        
Just think if it would have held together for a few more seconds! It would have been worth the stupidity and then some.

Ignore this member   
Lorcan

Expert Class
posted December 21, 2006 05:19 AM        
Gary I presume you are talking about removing the generator and running total loss. It's true it would free up a couple of hp, but not for long. Modern bikes have high electrical requirements and the last thing you want is an injector opening sluggishly and delivering less fuel than you thought at 200mph+.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit Lorcan's homepage. 
TRNorBRN6001

Needs a job
posted December 21, 2006 05:50 AM        
That would be a big concern, thank you much.

Ignore this member   
VincentHill

Needs a life
posted December 21, 2006 07:49 AM        
quote:
Just think if it would have held together for a few more seconds! It would have been worth the stupidity and then some.

I know I Know!! If I could have just left it alone it would still have been a Very Serious run! At least I have a ZX12 that you would also fit very nicely on

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Race only bike without flywheel? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25496697425842 seconds processing time