HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Schnitz's Nitrous for the ZX12 - Anyone tested it? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Thread: Schnitz\'s Nitrous for the ZX12 - Anyone tested it?
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
posted January 02, 2002 09:14 PM        
Schnitz's Nitrous for the ZX12 - Anyone tested it?

Anyone seen track or dyno results from the dry nitrous kit that Schnitz is now offering for the ZX12? I know there was a few posts on LABusas.ORG about it month ago but no results yet. I am interested to see a write up on the install and what it can do for elapsed times in the 1/4 mile.

Ignore this member   
MadMike

FEAR THE BLACK FLAG!!!!!!!!
posted January 02, 2002 09:24 PM        
I saw ryan use it in memphis, and I believe he ran a 9.teen with it? and you couldent even see it! I ordered mine today so Ill let you know how the install will be!
mad mike

Ignore this member    Click here to visit MadMike's homepage. 
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
posted January 03, 2002 01:23 AM        Edited By: RAC4IT on 3 Jan 2002 00:23
Hmmm

Leave it to "Mad Mike" to put the "sneaky pete" on his ride! Coolio Mike, let us know what gives on the dyno and at the strip.

I'm considering this product as well. I was hoping to double-duty and use my Muzzys air-shifter bottle as a source for Nitrous since the instructions say it's N20 ready. I figure if I split the line coming off the bottle before the air shifter it shouldn't be a problem and will be even sneakier! If that's possible...

Ignore this member   
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 03, 2002 01:32 AM        
Muzzy's has posted that a regulator must be used to reduce the pressure from the N2O the shifter. The stock lines are good for only 100psi.

Ignore this member   
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 03, 2002 01:36 AM        
You guys are doing what Im doing only I'm using Lawsons set-up. It will be much easier for you to get everything at once! MM is your system a single stage?

Ignore this member   
madmike

posted January 03, 2002 09:09 AM        
???

I believe it is but im not sure, I am definatly a ROOKIE!! here, Ill take pix's of it when I get it in! cool. Ill have to take a couple of pix's of the bike now that it is all tore down!
MM

hondo

Expert Class
posted January 03, 2002 10:00 PM        
N2O

The more pics the better! If only one N2O solenoid it's probably a single stage.

Ignore this member   
kcadby

Pro
posted January 03, 2002 11:49 PM        
quote:
Muzzy's has posted that a regulator must be used to reduce the pressure from the N2O the shifter. The stock lines are good for only 100psi.

You don't use another reg. ...you add a TEE in between the bottle and the air shifter regulator...the N2O solinoid (hose from T) uses the higher pressure...straight out of the bottle...

Ignore this member    Click here to visit kcadby's homepage. 
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
posted January 04, 2002 03:27 PM        
Using the airshifter bottle for nitrous

[quoteYou don't use another reg. ...you add a TEE in between the bottle and the air shifter regulator...the N2O solinoid (hose from T) uses the higher pressure...straight out of the bottle...

Yeah that's what I thought too..

Ignore this member   
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2002 07:12 PM        Edited By: hondo on 5 Jan 2002 18:46
No one said use another regulator. I quoted Doug as saying the N2O must be regulated due to the low pressure tubing in their kit. I believe the conversation I quoted was about using an existing N2O system to power the shift ram. Check out Muzzy's site, their system is set up for CO2, Nitrogen or N2O. CO2 is generally used as a gas (welding), Nitrogen is generally used as a gas (welding) as is N2O in the medical field. CO2 tanks DO NOT COME with a siphon tube. Maybe one of the problems someone was having with their Muzzy's shifter on labusas was using liguid instead of gas. On Muzzy's site the tank looks like a standard 1.4lb CO2 cylinder. I'm betting the blue thing with the 90 degree elbow and the brass fittings is a regulator/expansion chamber and solenoid controlled by the system. They claim 800 shifts per tank. Think about it, you won't get that many shifts if your using pressurized liquid from such a small tank! Also, the tank is shown as installed horizontally. Poor positioning to draw off liquid N2O. If your using your own N2O system your going to need a regulator/expansion chamber to allow the liquid to change into gas prior to entering the ram. Paintball guns with 20oz and 24oz CO2 tanks use an expansion tank to prevent liquid CO2 from getting into the gun even though they are set-up to draw the gas out of the tank. Check out the web for paintball supplies. A 20oz tank can be bought for $20.00 or less. CO2 and N2O both operate at the same bottle pressures.

Ignore this member   
BA

Pro
posted January 05, 2002 07:26 PM        
numbers, numbers, numbers

Just as a point of reference.

Ryan ran a 9.43 @ 149mph on his 12R with stock arm, stock tire, etc. Just the basic bolt on's.

With his nitrous kit he ran a 9.09 ET. Sorry, I don't remember the mph. I don't remember his kit size off the top of my head, but he repeatedly stresses safety and not going overboard. It was a minimum 35hp shot, certainly no more than 50hp. It's probably listed on his web-site.

Whoever buys one, get one for me too! Email me and I'll give ya my address.

Ignore this member   
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2002 07:30 PM        
If your going to use Muzzy's kit as your N2O source, from the picture on their web site the regulator/expansion chamber solenoid has a blue 90 degree AN fitting and common brass fittings. It would seem that the regulator is designed to connect directly to the tank at the valve via the blue nut coming off of the valve. The only hose visible is the plastic stuff coiled at the bottom of the picture. Check out their pictures, the Busa only gets a small tank!

Ignore this member   
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 05, 2002 07:57 PM        
Hey BA, I'm making my own system as designed by Kingzx12r aka Lawson. His prices must be dealer prices because I can get close to them, but only close. Some of his info on easyrider's site was incorrect. The nuts to connect to the nozzles are a dash 3, not a dash 4 and he didn't list a filter. If you're buying or scrounging you need a filter on the N2O line between the tank and the solenoid. Best case is unfiltered grit will wear out the N20 solenoid's seal faster, worse case is some piece of trash keeping the valve from seating. That would be very bad news!

Ignore this member   
MadMike

posted January 05, 2002 10:33 PM        
Hey hondo I might need your help when I get my system hooked up!
MM

kcadby

Pro
posted January 06, 2002 04:11 AM        
quote:
No one said use another regulator.

I wasn't sure if that was what you meant hondo...and I wanted to make sure other people understood that...

ALL air shifters use 120-150PSI...it's not just the hose that won't take the pressure...NO air shifter parts will handle 900PSI...
As for the Muzzy shifter problem...I installed the washer that Muzzys sent (thank you Tim for sending it to me) last night and don't expect to have any trouble with the shifter...without or...with N20...

hondo

Expert Class
posted January 08, 2002 09:29 AM        Edited By: hondo on 8 Jan 2002 08:34
Anyone know if the Muzzy's will shift GP? Is the ram single acting, only powered one way, or double acting, powered both directions? Probably the ram would have to be changed. Or I'll have to change the shifting back, ggrrrr.

Ignore this member   
kcadby

Pro
posted January 09, 2002 12:16 PM        
They cylinder works both ways but...with the GP patern, the shift rod is at a bad angle to the cylinder so I put it back to stock when the air shifter is on...grrr...
hondo

Expert Class
posted January 09, 2002 11:24 PM        
Thanks kcadby!

Ignore this member   
kingzx12r

Expert Class
woo hoo
posted January 22, 2002 01:38 PM        
Nitrous

Hey every time I find a new site I see were someone copied my nitrous kit from two years ago on the 12. Check easy's site under team lawson project there are pics of the install and dyno sheets and magazine articles proud papa hehe. If you need info I'm the source I designed the dry kit for the 12 let me know.

lawson4@axxent.ca

coolrunning12@hotmail.com

Ignore this member   
All times are PST(US) < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > DRAGBIKE ZONE.com > Thread: Schnitz\'s Nitrous for the ZX12 - Anyone tested it? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

Copyright 2000-2011 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.3091609478 seconds processing time