HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Why is the chain, cutting off my chain guard TAB !!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
QuickJade

Parking Attendant
posted November 06, 2015 08:14 AM        
Why is the chain, cutting off my chain guard TAB !!!

Ok, I wanna pick your brains, maybe someone can give me a piece of advice here.
My old chain was kind of loose and cut off one of my chain guard tabs - the one closest to the engine sprocket. I bought a new chain, bought new sprockets and a good swing arm. I replaced them all, then I sat the bike on its rear stand and I started rolling the rear wheel, trying to see if the chain trajectory is staying clear of my new chain guard tab. At every full rotation, at a certain spot, in a quick, jerky move, the chain has the tendency to shift towards the chain guard tab about 1/2" and then moves out again about 1/2", as if the engine sprocket is coming off or something!

It' really weird!
I wonder if I could have transmission issues? I pulled and pushed on the engine sprocket but it's pretty stiff. It has no play at all! Anybody has experienced anything like this before?

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 06, 2015 10:12 AM        
Check the run out on the sprockets with a dial indicator for starters.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
QuickJade

Parking Attendant
posted November 07, 2015 11:37 PM        
I don't have a dial indicator, but I can see the chain slides closer to the chain guard tab, which is actually ore like a 1/4" - 3/8" (rather than 1/2" as I said the other day), it stays there for about the length of about 15-20 links and it does this twice per complete spin! I was watching the rear sprocket, and it seems to have a steady, continuous motion.
  Ignore this member   
QuickJade

Parking Attendant
posted November 09, 2015 08:02 AM        
nobody else has had this happen to them? any other ideas? anything, at all?
  Ignore this member   
QuickJade

Parking Attendant
posted November 13, 2015 07:56 AM        
Problem has been found. It was the bearing in the sprocket hub. See here, ... http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/57340-why-chain-cutting-off-my-chain-guard-tab.html#post634499
  Ignore this member   
cruztom87

Parking Attendant
posted November 18, 2015 07:27 AM        Edited By: cruztom87 on 18 Nov 2015 14:27
quote:
Check the run out on the sprockets with a dial indicator for starters.
Check the run out on the sprockets??? mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha !!!
How did you come up with such an idiotic answer like that? did you do it on your own or you copied it from some place else?

Ignore this member   
denisrod1979

Parking Attendant
posted November 18, 2015 08:35 AM        Edited By: denisrod1979 on 18 Nov 2015 15:36
what do you expect! this mutter fooker is more than likely, retarded and he probably owns a bike just because it's cheaper than a car. I'm willing to bet real money, he lives down by the river, in a 78 Chevy Van.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Why is the chain, cutting off my chain guard TAB !!! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24641799926758 seconds processing time