HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New zx12r A1 owner ... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
andy1965

Parking Attendant
posted June 22, 2015 01:51 AM        
New zx12r A1 owner ...

I could not find anywhere to introduce myself so done it here .

I purchased my zx12r A1 with 23000 miles on it and in good nick with a end can ,kleen air block off plates and K&N`s already on it , that was back in febuary , i had it dynoed then and it had 161 bhp 84 ft-lbs torque , so 1st job was to get a full akrapovic ,, i found a second hand titainium one on a local gumtree site in London ,so with that on new plugs and oil , took it to PDQ 60 miles away, where they installed a PC V and spent 3 hours setting it up so finale figures are
180 bhp and 98 ft-lbs of lush torque ! so i am well chuffed !! there was a big lean spot at low revs 2 - 3000 rpm , he even managed to smooth that out , so now i have really easy bike to wheelie !!!

Clutch is the next job , i am always worried that it will explode on me , ?? i do not do any drag racing ,but i do give it lots of stick when ever i can ! (traffic permitting)

Anyway hello to all you nutty 12 owners out there .........Andy from U.K

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted June 22, 2015 03:20 AM        
Welcome to the forums! Sounds like a nice bike you found. And yes Akra needs a lot of tuning both add and remove fuel because it is 4-1 pipe and stock is 4-2-1 pipe. We want pictures of your ride!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
psycho1122

Pro
posted June 23, 2015 11:14 PM        
Nice... Congratulations!!

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted June 25, 2015 03:49 PM        
Consider using the ECU reprogramming option from RidgeRacer to implement the tuning. More powerful than the Power Commander route.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
TurboBlew

BUSY DOING THE SCHIAVO
posted June 28, 2015 12:38 PM        
A billet basket is a good idea if you plan on putting the screws to it. Bike will rev cleaner too. Some heavy springs and putting a newer hub on it to increase oil flow.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New zx12r A1 owner ... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24836182594299 seconds processing time