HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Ongoing zx12r charging issues PLEASE HELP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
anthony_dele0

Parking Attendant
2002 ZX12r
posted May 07, 2015 11:55 PM        
Ongoing zx12r charging issues PLEASE HELP

This has been an ongoing problem for the past month now, it started with the headlights not turning on the first time I start the bike. (restart the bike and they come on)

I brought it to my mechanic, he tested everything and said I need a new junction box for the headlight issue, then told me my rectifier was bad.

So I purchased a brand new rectifier as well as a new junction box. (stator was tested, good)

So i then put a new battery in it and started my zx12r up and she runs great and the headlights work the first time i start the bike.

but the battery wont charge! ill pull into my drive way and turn it off. 20 minutes later ill flip the key and the dashboard lights up and i hear the fuel injection, but once i press the start switch it all turns off immediately.

Please help me!!

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted May 08, 2015 02:50 AM        
Sounds like more connection issues to me. I seem to recall running longer than 20 minutes on a full but not charging battery.

"replace the wiring harness" seems to be a common diagnosis, but it is unfortunately a huge job. And if you go for a used harness, which is the only financially reasonable option, you're just rolling the dice again.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Ongoing zx12r charging issues PLEASE HELP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.22961211204529 seconds processing time