HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: fork swap NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted November 26, 2014 11:56 PM        Edited By: worm~hole on 27 Nov 2014 16:23
fork swap

I'm thinking I should keep my '00 after all these years and want to do some "hopefully simple" appearance and mechanical mods to make it "mine". My bike already has a Muzzy steering dampener & exhaust, PC3R, KN filters, Corbin seat, Dino rear seat hinge and exhaust hanger, ozzy fairing filler, and a few bolt-on farkles that I'm probably forgetting....yeah, I know...old-school bike with some old-school bolt-on mods...and it's PLENTY quick-n-fast enough for me as-is lol.

I like the radial brake forks of the 2004-2006 ZX-12Rs if only just for its appearance. I'm going to guess the 04-06 radial brakes are mechanically superior to the stock set-up on my 2000 ZX-12R, but to be honest I'd probably not feel the difference between the two what with the mostly conservative way I ride this green beast...can you say "poseur"?...I just knew you could...cuz I've never ever pretended to be able to outride anybody lol...I just like my bike :thumb. So as I've said, I like the appearance of the radial brake set-up. Is the '04-'06 front fork/radial brake a direct swap onto an '00 bike with its stock '00 front wheel, rotors, and master cylinder/reservoir?

And since I'm feeling the effects of worn-out knees, a stiff back, and old-age and I've never had a talent to glide my pucks, I'm thinking helibars and some kind of way to drop my foot controls a tad without compromising my conservative cornering (ahem) uh...talents ;p

Also...who makes the color-match of the candy-blue 1975 Z-1B? I have a re-paint idea floating in my head.....

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 28, 2014 04:06 AM        
I think you have to change the triple trees also. And also the brake disks are different. I'd change also the master cylinder to get the wheel you're looking for.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
worm~hole

Needs a life
Miles to go before I sleep....
posted November 28, 2014 06:27 PM        
thanks for the info!

-George Orwell

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: fork swap NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23423504829407 seconds processing time