HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 2015 Kawasaki H2 Finally Unveiled - Including Specs and Price NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
swainic

Novice Class
posted November 06, 2014 05:46 AM        
Looking at the differences between the two H2's the biggest thing with any substance to make the weight difference is the exhaust. Also the power maxes out at around 9000rpm on the street bike where the redline is 14,000 so ditch the exhaust and an ecu flash should easily eat up most of the difference in horsepower. Add some cams and go the whole way. The normally aspirated bikes are almost topped out already. There's still at least 90 Hp more just waiting to be untapped for not much expense. Maybe their 300hp number is also restricted? Who cares about a few extra pounds with that possibility? There isn't any other way of getting that much horsepower on anything other than with forced induction.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 07, 2014 07:42 PM        Edited By: Gunner on 8 Nov 2014 10:47
Shit you must have one of those Easy buttons from Office Depot... Be sure and report back here after you do all that easy stuff on how it all worked out... keep in mind larger compressor wheels require larger compressor housings. Only X size blade fits into X size hole. I'm having my doubts anyone will be making any aftermarket housings or wheels to fit Kawasaki's patented design plus space restrictions created by a tightly packed design will also make slapping a larger anything on tough. Don't confuse the ease of swapping housings and wheels like we see with turbo chargers with this bastard design that's protected by several patents. What this thing will be able to be squeezed into making without hacking its guts out will be interesting but the design certainly isn't going to lend itself to adapting ANYTHING thats currently produced in the boosted world to be simply slapped on like your post suggest. My guess is 95% of the extra power to be had with relative ease will come from hacking the ECU and uncorking the exhaust. The 525 pound street bike isn't what makes me feel its a package not worth my money its the heavily carbon laiden R spec model that already has a titanium exhaust and no lights etc that still tips the scale at a reported 476 that made me say no to the thing... I have no delusions that getting the street bike to that weight even will be possible. Thus making it over 100 pounds heavier than my naturally aspirated 10R that will make over 200. By the time that extra power it will have comes into play catching the 10R on a curvy road will be impossible and isn't that what this thing was designed to be used for? We all spend tens of thousands making our sport bike as light as possible so they accelerate, turn, stop as fast as possible. Power is only 1 part to the total package that produces a fast motorcycle everywhere except drag racing. Which is why you'll see a great rider on a curvey road take a worn out old CBR 600 and ride circles around a non refundable riding f#@k on a S1000RR BMW as an example. Because all it takes is one piece of the total package to not be there and the whole thing is slow and power isn't the most important part. Only in straight line drag style racing where rider skills can be seriously lacking will you see HP play the biggest role on the outcome which is why you see so many guys within slammed and stretched bikes running around wanting to race in a straight line with their 100 shot or huge turbo. If they could ride they would be spending their money on Ohlins forks and Brembo brakes trying to keep up with that guy on the clapped out old Honda.

On a very serious side note..... someone take one of these things apart and weigh the parts and report.. I can't figure out where they're hiding all that fat. If I had to guess its weight I wouldn't have ever thoiught it anywhere close to what they are reporting it to be.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 08, 2014 12:32 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 8 Nov 2014 15:36
I think everything this season is a win for motorcyclists. It's the biggest year by far in a decade.

Gunner - if you're in, you're in - but if you're not and just typing a lot "just because" then there's not much point.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
kaw now

Expert Class
posted November 08, 2014 03:50 AM        
quote:
I think everything this season is a win for motorcyclists. It's the biggest year by far in a decade.

Gunner - if you're in, you're in - but if you're not and just typing a lot "just because" then there's not much point.

Funny I agree plus. You know you want one it already runs drop the stock muffler put in a thin head gasket maybe and a computer flash even it only makes 240 hp and weighs 490 lbs that will go about what 230 mph. Does it escape anyone complaining about a porky bike on a ZX14 primary forum. New zx14 200 hp with aftermarket exhaust and tune weighs probably 550. Especially complaining about a bike with that much power potential. You couldn't make a bike custom like that for the money even the non R model.
One thing this bike is going to be all wheelies with that much power on a high engine and even higher supercharger mass and gobs of torque. That is why the video only shows it screaming down the straights on the track. You would have to be over 100 to keep it down and still accelerate well.
Nothing compares to supercharged power especially a factory engineered unit, no hanging a drive unit off the side of the motor.

Ignore this member   
psycho1122

Pro
posted November 08, 2014 04:23 AM        
+1 BRAVO!

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 08, 2014 05:34 AM        
I just think that if he's not into it, that's cool - no harm no foul - but enough with going on about it already. A lot of us here are fans and potential owners trying to build a community.

kaw now

Expert Class
posted November 08, 2014 06:32 AM        
Since you directed part of your response I'll entertain you. If you google bikeland forum it brings up zx14 post count zx14 1st zx10 6th and those are facts. We have roads here with curves and I do like them myself but not a snob about it like a lot of those here locally. I like the straights also really just like paved back roads with both with little traffic. The zx14 is fun for curves but not as fast as many bikes but I have fun. If you're so fast go track racing and see if you win a lot but you might find lots of other fast riders there.

[URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/MEYOUTOO/media/pichwy_zps5402a160.jpg.html][/URL]

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 08, 2014 06:55 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 8 Nov 2014 22:08
There's discussion and then there's beating a dead horse. You made your point. You think it's too heavy. Everyone got that. I'm politely moderating.

Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 08, 2014 07:46 AM        
quote:
There's discussion and then there's beating a dead horse. You made your point. You think it's too heavy. Everyone got that. I'm politely moderating.

I'm more entertained by how easy these guys think it's going to be to extract all that untapped power with comments like " toss on a bigger impeller and some cams to go all the way". That's entertainment right there that you just can't buy at any cost.. It's entirely possible that Kawasaki has made the ECU impossible to hack, who knows yet since no one has even touched one live yet. They aren't stupid they know everyone will be attempting to do that right off so putting myself in their place I would lock that thing down tighter than tight if I didn't want it messed with. It may be the easiest of all time to hack again who knows at this point? There's some things they used that points to extreme engine stress being very likely. The selection of enconel exhaust valves indicates extreme heat.. Rickey Gatson posted a picture of one on the dyno making a pull that was shooting fire out the header (R model.). That thing is under extreme thermal attack already. I won't say I'll never own one because if it proves to be worthy of it's MSRP and it's weight can be somewhat brought under control. I'm not beyond admitting I was wrong on my initial judgments. I make mistakes all the time about one thing or another.

For now I'll let all the wiz bangers figure it all out and tell the world how easy it's going to be to drag all this untapped power out with simple means. I can't wait to start seeing them show up on independent dyno sessions where Kawasaki has no input over the readings we get told.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 08, 2014 02:05 PM        
Where did you get the bit about a bigger impeller?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 09, 2014 01:06 AM        
Impeller? I don't even know her.

fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 09, 2014 01:06 AM        
Ha ha

swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted November 17, 2014 06:38 AM        
Interesting that it's a 200 rear...I had thought that previous experience on the ZX12R would have dictated a 190. After all, the 190 was sufficient for the ZX14, Secondly, I believe the H2R uses a 190, albeit a slick, correct?

82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 17, 2014 08:17 AM        
Yes, a 190/65 mind you.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 17, 2014 07:45 PM        
Yes but it's 200/55 on the H2. Not 200/50 like it was in ZX12. Also Panigale and Aprilia use 200/55.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted November 18, 2014 06:24 AM        
Yes, but those are just poser bikes.
82 Gpz750, 84 Ninja 900, 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy Big Bore Kit), *another* 2000 ZX12R (Muzzy custom stroke crank 1341cc motor), 2004 ZZR1200, 2005 ZX10R, 2007 ZX14, 2008 Concours 14, 2014 Versys 650, 2014 Yamaha WR450F, 2015 Ninja H2

Ignore this member   
BLK ICE

Pro
we'll leave the light on for u
posted November 22, 2014 01:37 PM        
What is this h2's purpose?

Drag racing no
road racing no
maybe land speed?

Repersenting: BLACK ICE PERFORMANCE and NO QUARTER MOTORSPORTS
Nitrous and Tires Sponsored by: Custom Specialties Cycles
Dyno Tuned by: Garron of ADAMS PERFORMANCE. http://www.adamsperformance.net/
BlackIce Performance: Honor, Freedom, Love of Country!
(I am open to Sponsorship and Product Testing and Review. Contact BlackIce Performance at blackice_performance@yahoo.com) or BlackIce Perf on Facebook

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted November 22, 2014 02:20 PM        
Maybe it's just art?

"Art may be characterized in terms of mimesis (its representation of reality), expression, communication of emotion, or other qualities. During the Romantic period, art came to be seen as "a special faculty of the human mind to be classified with religion and science". Though the definition of what constitutes art is disputed and has changed over time, general descriptions mention an idea of imaginative or technical skill stemming from human agency and creation.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 22, 2014 03:01 PM        
Because they can?

kaw now

Expert Class
posted November 22, 2014 04:10 PM        
quote:
What is this h2's purpose?

Drag racing no
road racing no
maybe land speed?

Just checked on Smokin's site and drag race maybe as they have pics of a Gadson H2 with a long swing arm. With that long of a swing arm it must be putting some power out. Seems like Brock and some others have pre-release info and access to the bike. I suppose kaw wants to lay down some definitive performance numbers fan the fire before order deadline whatever that is supposed to mean. So after the deadline you won't be able to buy one? Seems doubtful unless I'm not seeing the big picture.

Ignore this member   
swft

Needs a life
Full throttle!
posted November 22, 2014 11:15 PM        
Dec 19 for the order deadline, right?

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 2015 Kawasaki H2 Finally Unveiled - Including Specs and Price NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.44416904449463 seconds processing time