HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 1 piece tail for ZX12 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
suzukidude87

Expert Class
posted October 05, 2014 06:35 AM        
1 piece tail for ZX12

Hello all were can I get a 1 piece tail for a 2000 ZX12, bike is about 65 inches, but could end up a bit longer in the future. Any pictures with the tail installed would be great.

Ignore this member   
ZX12-5807

Expert Class
posted October 05, 2014 05:34 PM        
check Catalyst Racing Composites.

http://catalystracingcomposites.com/c-326595-listed-by-bike-kawasaki.html

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 06, 2014 01:42 AM        Edited By: Gunner on 6 Oct 2014 16:48
Only drawback to Catalyst is -------------------------> UNLESS YOU ARE A BUSA FAG they don't give a FUCK about your parts! There was a time when Mike and Bonnie were starting out that they did try and they did care about every customer. HOWEVER after spending 2 years begging and OFFERING TO PAY WHATEVER THEY WANTED TO CHARGE for them to fix the molds for the ZX12R fairings I finally gave up and had my own molds built at extreme cost but using junk body panels wasn't an option on what's going to be known world wide as the top 12R build of all time! They sell parts for the 12R but keep in mind fiberglass molds require constant upkeep and replacement after so many parts are pulled from them. They become distorted and produce JUNK parts no matter how good they once were. So anyone that says I got a good part for my 12R from them I have to ask WHEN THAT WAS? Because I got total JUNK from them.. And even though it wasn't my place to pay for their molds to be fixed I'm NOT an unreasonable man and I understand the 12R hasn't been produced since 2005 and asking them to divert man power and money into molds for it is UNREASONABLE so I offered to pay the cost for the parts I needed to be made right and even buy the parts after paying for the molds to be fixed... After being told call back in 6 months, OH call back in 6 more months, OH we're really busy call back in the fall, OH we're super busy call back in the late winter, I WAS AN SOB THAT WAS TOO DEMANDING!!!! That CHAPPED MY ASS! I watched them build 50 different Busa tails during the time I begged for 12R parts to be made and it got so bad that Bonnie even cried me a sob story about Mike getting his eye put out by a grinder in the shop and they were on HARD TIMES.. Like that's suppose to make up for them jerking my chain for 2 years!! He had both eyes when I started asking for this to be done is all I can say. Hell if they wait long enough he'll be dead or retired to. My dad also passed during that time but I didn't cry to her as about that.. Some shit just don't carry over into business..

So buy parts from them and roll the die they are worth using because if they aren't you might think about buying a Busa because they'll give you free sex with that purchase apparently just not a Kawasaki or a 12R.... Some will probably post here saying none of this is true but i have the JUNK DOG SHIT PARTS STILL TO PROVE IT'S TRUE! Their reply as to why the lowers didn't fit AT ALL was this...... Most of our customers don't run lowers maybe you should think about not using them..... Really? As I said when a customer offeres to hand you a blank heck to fix molds you take it if you're smart.. Clearly they aren't

Ignore this member   
ZX12-5807

Expert Class
posted October 06, 2014 02:15 PM        
I guess don't bother looking into Catalyst.
The one I have is a Masters, Molds & Models tail but I believe they have been out of business for awhile. It looks like you will have to find a used one somewhere.

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 07, 2014 06:24 AM        
There is airtech as well. Their ninja 250 headlight cutout worked out good for me. Their race upper for the zx12 fit but not perfect. It bolted to the stock fairings so it fit my budget.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 07, 2014 07:28 AM        
quote:
I guess don't bother looking into Catalyst.
The one I have is a Masters, Molds & Models tail but I believe they have been out of business for awhile. It looks like you will have to find a used one somewhere.

If anyone has a good tail I can put you in contact with someone that can pull a new mold from it and produce good parts. Catalyst should do it but as I already said unless you have a Busa they could care less.

Ignore this member   
suzukidude87

Expert Class
posted October 23, 2014 10:57 AM        
thanks fellas decided to go another direction bike is for sale again

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: 1 piece tail for ZX12 NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25213694572449 seconds processing time