HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX-12R vs Busa vs ZX-14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 03, 2014 10:49 PM        
ZX-12R vs Busa vs ZX-14R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuXcMVdi6w

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 04, 2014 02:04 PM        
Why you race at night? Are you tooo ugly for daylight? You been told many times before splitting cars at night could be a hazard to a long life.. I like street racing as much as the next guy but we do it a bit different here.. Nice long straight road NO TRAFFIC, NO SIDE ROADS, NO DRIVEWAYS, Nothing but enough road for 6th gear to the red line without silly shit happening.. Anything can be made safe to a degree or as dangerous as you feel silly enough to be.. Ship I wish you would rethink your picks for race tracks at least until I get a chance to school you proper like.. LOL !!!!

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 05, 2014 01:06 AM        
U right rayray. You right.

Ignore this member   
capt10ed

Expert Class
posted October 06, 2014 08:44 AM        
Ship
you just cant get rid of your 12r
And you just keep on kicking butt!!
Congrats!!

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 07, 2014 06:28 AM        
Thanks. I had my hands full with the 14R. He's getting the ECU flashed for a rematch.

Also tagging along is a gen 1 busa with cams about 177 RWHP, rider is my size, muzzy pipe, lowered and stretched.

Also an 08 GSXR 1000 with "cams" don't know what else internally....lowered, full exhaust. He runs pretty even with me but rolls off in 1 gear so I can't determine how much of a walk it would be.

Vid coming soon...

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 08, 2014 02:03 AM        
How about a day time video this time... We really can't see shit in those night time things... Which 12R you riding? The basket case one?

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 08, 2014 02:34 AM        Edited By: shiphteey on 8 Oct 2014 17:42
My race bike has been apart for a long time. I want to put it together right, just need time and money, lol.

Streetbike is 100% stock engine except for stiffer clutch springs. Still running stock clutch basket (previous one exploded when I went 9.4 at the strip last year n/a)

I run it stock ride height on the street because it handles better and IF we get chased I ain't trying to get nailed, rather be able to take an exit ramp and not scrape stuff. Same with the brakes, duals up front no single crap. The banged up muzzys can was bugging me so I sprung for a muzzys repack kit with carbon can. Held out as long as I could but I don't see Arata around. Bike is screaming for new bodywork and a black swingarm but for now it will suffice. No mirrors and signals, because goddammit mirrors and signals are ugly as shit.

[URL=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/shiphteey/media/ZX12/IMAG1670_zps518071e1.jpg.html][/URL]

I've been running the stock seat, I just had the step on there so the g/f could ride it in the parking lot the other day. 5'2 but she can touch the ground stock ride height with the step seat.

Ignore this member   
Kawi green

Parking Attendant
Whats your issue bastard?
posted October 08, 2014 07:02 AM        
Nice video. That's crazy to see how easy the 12 hands that busa its ass in a bag. Hey shiphteey I swear your name looks familiar. Were you ever associated with TLzone. Or did you own a tiller at some point. I feel like I have seen you around there when I had my TLR.
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 08, 2014 08:11 AM        
Its certainly possible....but not likely. There was a brief time I had a gsxr 1100 and raced a TL 1000R and may have posted there???? We're talkin like 10 years ago!

There was also a very brief time when I was considering one to spray in the 1000cc twins class on the salt since they had better hp and I think aeros than RC51 and the Ducs at that time.

Who knows. I did kinda like them at one time....but around the time I would have been considering it I morphed to zx9 with spray to saying fukk it and getting the 12. The rest as they say is history.

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 08, 2014 08:12 AM        
Busa rider I'm guessing 50-60 lbs heavier than me. But the 12 has a natural, slight advantage on the top end pulls I think.

Ignore this member   
Kawi green

Parking Attendant
Whats your issue bastard?
posted October 08, 2014 07:23 PM        
Ok i think i figured it out. I have ridden with you before. You used to be on DCsportbikes a while ago talking like between 06 and 09... You used to ride with a bunch of the same people i rode with. Shy, brian, jason, Vonstallin..
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 08, 2014 08:26 PM        
Word

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX-12R vs Busa vs ZX-14R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25709295272827 seconds processing time