HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: HELP...dynojet power commander V NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Drifter

Parking Attendant
posted August 04, 2014 06:18 AM        
HELP...dynojet power commander V

First off I am new to the site and new owner of a 2001 zx12r. I may be lookin in the wrong place but haven't been able to find any info on anyone running a dynojet power commander V. They offer one on dynojets web site but give no idea to what kind of performance gains to expect. I have a two brothers racing slip-on and a k&n filter just looking for more power/performance. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted August 05, 2014 02:54 AM        
I wouldn't expect any different performance improvements than the older power commanders. They're just newer renditions of the same tech after all. I recall a simple re-tune being good for a few horse on a stock bike. Really a PC comes into its own if you have significant mods that require fuel or ignition curve changes. With a slip-on only i don't think you'll gain much... full systems seem to be what really changes A/F delivery needs.

Where you may gain some real value from a PC is in smoothing out the snatchy throttle at low RPMs. People gave a bunch of fuel at 1% throttle to help combat the notorious on/off throttle jerking. You'd want to search old posts for details.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted August 05, 2014 03:40 AM        
I would recommend replacing the bolt-on exhaust with a full exhaust system.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
Drifter

Parking Attendant
posted August 05, 2014 08:23 PM        
Thanks for the info. What about the muzzy timing advance?
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: HELP...dynojet power commander V NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23212599754333 seconds processing time