HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: zx12r stator problems NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Big country

Parking Attendant
posted August 02, 2014 02:11 PM        
zx12r stator problems

Ok i see alot on here about stators and rectifiers but my question is a little different... I have a 2001 zx12r with a ricks stator and rect, i replaced them the first time because the rect was getting super hot and melting wires, and wasnt charging, after the new install i had melted wires again, so i cut the wires and ran new 10gauge thhn oil resistant wires from stator to rect straight through, to keep the heat down, now its not charging again... Please help on what i can do to fix it without spending another $200... Or a better was to test because a-b 5vac b-c 5vac c-a 5vac all wires ring out ok

stretched, 16,50,

runs 5.80's 1/8th mile @117mph

Ignore this member   
Big country

Parking Attendant
posted August 03, 2014 12:25 PM        
Anyone out there with some knowledge or how to fix this thing before sat so i can race it? Charging in between rounds and running without my headlights plugged in to save battery is kinda hard to do

stretched, 16,50,

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted August 04, 2014 04:45 AM        Edited By: frEEk on 4 Aug 2014 18:46
I had the stator trouble too, as many of us did, but sounds like you already went thru all the usual culprits and fixes. Sounds like you need a proper electrical expert to diagnose that one.

Only thing that comes to mind is to double check you wired it up correctly.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Big country

Parking Attendant
posted August 04, 2014 02:00 PM        
I love this bike so much, it has been nothing but trouble, i have close to 16k in this bike...90% of shops around here wont except liability for a custom bike and i have to drive 2 1/2 hours to a shop that will but obviously he isnt cheap, he is the one that installed and troubleshoot the wiring harness... The wierd thing is i rode it today about a 3 mile ride and it was charging and i havent done anything but pulled stator cover off and looked at it and bolted it back together... Cant figure out why it comes and foes

stretched, 16,50,

Ignore this member   
Harpoon

Expert Class
Hired Gun
posted August 04, 2014 11:19 PM        
Stator problem

Sounds like you may have an oil flow problem. If your stator is not getting enough oil flow around it, It will over heat. Take your cover back off and check the oil ports. They could be clogged.

Ignore this member   
Big country

Parking Attendant
posted August 06, 2014 12:09 PM        
I checked the oil ports tonite... Sure enough it was clogged, i was tired and did a no no... I used permatex on it like an idiot.. Thanks for all of your help guys..

stretched, 16,50,

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: zx12r stator problems NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.24408006668091 seconds processing time