HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Just wanted to show this years progress NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted February 11, 2014 12:54 PM        
Just wanted to show this years progress

This is where I started from 1 yr ago. Found this beast in a garage and paid $1800.

[URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/00a1zx12r/media/1373694362049_zps02b46c49.jpg.html][/URL]

After one whole year of building she is recreated. A 2000 A1ZX12R Brought back to life and has become my baby.

[URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/00a1zx12r/media/1014061_443249329136115_1354460645_n_zps20cc2387.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/00a1zx12r/media/finished_zps341a0891.jpg.html][/URL]

List of Mods so far. Started from completely stock form
Power Commander III 350
Brocks Gen 4 Exhaust 900
Billet clutch Basket 500
Muzzy Clutch Kit 387
17 tooth Front Sprocket 25
Rebuilt all calipers 300
CZ brake rotors 600
Carrozzeria Blk V-spec rims $ 2000
Green and Black steel braided lines 100
Race Tech Springs and new fork oil 300
K & N filters 80
Custom Map 350
Advancer 79
mirrors 100
carbon fiber fender 150
powder coated black rear sets and
passenger pegs 150
new spark plugs 100

Ignore this member   
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
posted February 11, 2014 01:44 PM        
Beautiful Job. Perfect improvements, just right.

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted February 12, 2014 05:01 PM        
Looks good. Next the rear shock!
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted February 13, 2014 07:37 AM        
Suspension is next, along with some more powder coating such as the swingarm. calipers and everything that is gold. Or maybe some bling like brembo calipers. The front forks are going to be totally rebuilt. The have racetech springs, new seals and oil, but not the goldvalves yet.

After that some head work and last will be the 1290 kit with total bottom end rebuild. I will be spending some serious cash on this to make it a show quality 12R. Love this bike! It is the baddest bitch ever made. We take out Busa's and most 14's.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 17, 2014 03:33 AM        
YOU STOLE THAT BIKE FOR $1,800!!! It's very clean and that's rare for a 2000 model bike... Keep it clean and you'll never regret owing it because what you got there is a piece of history that will be worth a mint in years to come as long as you don't let it get ragged out.. Great find and a nice bike!

Ignore this member   
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted February 17, 2014 08:51 PM        
Thanks gunner. I appreciate that. Especially coming from a ZX12R finatic such as yourself. Its almost time for thee engine mods now. I've gotten way to used to its power. Need more now. Big block kit is soon to come and headwork as well.
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted February 18, 2014 03:10 AM        Edited By: Gunner on 18 Feb 2014 18:12
Finatic? is that anything like a nut case? LOL!!!!! I'm a die hard Kawasaki lover my friend. I had a slammed to the ground, stretched, lowered, turbo, air shifted, Wide rear tire street rocket 30 years ago and I've never not owned the fastest or one of the fastest bikes for hundreds of miles in all directions until the last few years. I don't have turbo bikes any longer I don't see the need for them like I once did. I love the power and I still catch myself thinking about it from time to time but I come to my senses and choose to stay away from the turbo bikes on the street.. I love the corners and live in an area where some of the best roads in America are for street riding corners. The picture below was taken in 1983 that's how long ago I built that bike. I still have that bike as well..That thing has a 66" wheelbase only 2" short of a Pro Stock in that day. A very long bike for the street back then. It was 1260cc and nasty fast. Sorry it's so blurry I need to scan it again and fix that. We had so few pictures back then it's a shame so much history has been lost.

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted February 18, 2014 11:36 PM        
Lookin good

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted February 20, 2014 04:32 AM        
$1800 for a roller with a good motor is a smokin' deal. You did well.

IMO the first thing to tackle on these bikes is 1) Get rid of the factory exhaust 2) The suspension and 3) Odd as it sounds the brake lines. The factory rubber lines are squishy and good SS braided lines makes a huge difference.

These bikes are surprisingly capable canyon carvers for how big they are and the wheels are definitely going to reduce your unsprung weight which will help in that regard combined with the above.

The rest is frosting on the cake.

Ignore this member   
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted March 26, 2014 12:24 PM        
going in for rebuild

[URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/00a1zx12r/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140326_220415275_zpsmo3d4qy1.jpg.html][/URL]

Well it was a great start for my 12 this year. $10,000 invested and looking good. But I'm afraid the year has ended with a detonation. Rode the 12 hard home from the beach on Sunday. The next day I went to start it and nothing happened. Wouldn't turn over. I had that feeling of your heart dropping out. Went to the back wheel on the stand, put it in 2nd and tried to spin the wheel. SIEZED SOLID! SHIT!! Nothing like the quiet sound of death.

I was going to build it in the summer but I guess the bike has spoken first. Now going in for complete rebuild. Rebuilding base, JE 1290 kit for pistons and cylinders, and will be doing headwork. Not sure if I want new cams or just stay with the stock. Are there any trade offs with going with bigger cams?

Well any way I spin it, it will be a fresh new motor soon. Anxious as hell as to what the future holds for my 12. I'll post up progress and numbers within the next couple of months. Any advice on the headwork would be appreciated.

Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted March 30, 2014 05:49 AM        Edited By: blitzkrieg on 30 Mar 2014 19:50
Odd noises, low oil pressure light???? Not following.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted April 01, 2014 04:20 AM        
I'm with Blitz on this one they don't just lock up for no reason sitting in the garage overnight.. There's something strange happening here that you have missed while it was going on..

Ignore this member   
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted April 01, 2014 03:00 PM        
Guys, I feel really stupid now, i went out on Saturday morning, put key in ignition. And it fired right up. All I did was took ignition box off. Reset timing, tightend the 3 screws and closed it up. I'm so puzzled. I'm not the best mechanic, but I do know how engines work. It's all put back together and I have been riding all week. Have no idea why it would not turn over on last Monday morning. It could have been something stupid like a look ignition wire.

Thank u for replying. All better now. So it's going in for more mods this weekend. New chain and sprockets(48 rear/ 17front), powder coating swing arm, steering damper, (Scott's) and ordered Bmc's filters. Almost done with cosmetics. Now that it's running fine, this summer when it's hot and sweaty, I'm taking it to sal for a full stage 2 motor mod. Thanks for the replies.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Just wanted to show this years progress NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2626428604126 seconds processing time