HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dodgey fuel gauge NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
toecutter12

Parking Attendant
grave digger
posted January 10, 2014 02:03 PM        
Dodgey fuel gauge

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone knows if theres a common problem with the 12 that causes the fuel gauge to not move above 1/4 regardless of the amount in the tank? Had it quickly checked out while being serviced and they reckon there seems to be nothing wrong with the sender etc....
Cheers, Chris.

Ignore this member   
Creedxup

Parking Attendant
posted January 11, 2014 01:10 AM        
My 2000 12 started reading 1/2 a tank all the time, I replaced it with another used one and it's been fine since, I don't think the senders are very reliable.

Ignore this member   
Creedxup

Parking Attendant
posted January 11, 2014 01:17 AM        Edited By: Creedxup on 11 Jan 2014 16:18

I seem to remember that there was a recall on the fuel senders as well, I can't remember which years it affected though.

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted January 11, 2014 02:28 AM        
I noticed mine started going it last week. Oh well. I'll just keep checking the fuel by opening the cap and sloshing this big pig bish bike around.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted January 11, 2014 02:04 PM        
They had a recall on 2000 for sure on a hose vent in the tank.I don`t know if that will fix yours.I do know all my stuff is gonna work right period.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
tuusinii

Pro
posted January 12, 2014 11:02 PM        
In the early '00 models there was a recall on the fuel sender units. It did not affect alla bikes. I used to have one of those dodgey senders, but the way it worked for me was that it didn't show values less that half tank. It went to full anyhow... Before the recall I fixed it with normal pen eraser. I used the eraser to clean the surface of the sender unit. After that it worked nice the following year when it was changed under recall. But anyhow the problem seems to be related to the sender or the wiring...
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Dodgey fuel gauge NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25351095199585 seconds processing time