HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: introduction! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
8kdwarf

Parking Attendant
posted December 02, 2013 01:07 PM        
introduction!

Hi everyone just introducing myself. My name is Chris and I race a zx12 powered"dwarf car". Just came here to read up on topics and build my knowledge base. (seems that this is where the smart guy are)

my car has a 2000 zx12. All I have done to it is a muzzy advance pick up @4deg advanced. Have been thinking of putting some adjustable cam sprockets on and maybe having the ecu reflashed. What kinda baffles me is she has never been touched, no valve adjust or anything, and I recently did a compression check warm. It was @ 200 deg and I was 192-198 across the board. My question is does that seem high? I mean on a average I put maybe 100 miles on the motor a year but the motor is usually between 7-11500k for that 100 miles a year lol. When it was put in the car it had 2k miles but again that was 13 years ago.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted December 04, 2013 10:30 AM        
Well there's lots of people who got alot of normal street miles out of the engine (I'm at 70k or so with pretty lax maintenance) so not completely surprising. But certainly seems likely that your application would be a helluva lot harder on the engine.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
8kdwarf

Parking Attendant
posted December 04, 2013 11:37 AM        
Yea since I have had it I usually change the oil and filter every 4 races. Hell I should just save it and use it for my truck! Lol. She never gets too hot. The hottest I have seen it is 200. And that was when I was checking compression. But thanks for the reassurance. We will see how long this bad boy can last!
  Ignore this member   
8kdwarf

Parking Attendant
posted December 04, 2013 11:41 AM        
Here is a video of it, im the gray truck (8k)
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=TcArYQU8Coo

and incar of the same track
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=z971bYAUpIg

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: introduction! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.23328304290771 seconds processing time