HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Racing Returns to Laguna Seca For 2014! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Staff

Administrator
posted November 29, 2013 06:58 AM        Edited By: frEEk on 5 Dec 2013 19:53
Racing Returns to Laguna Seca For 2014!

Despite fears and rumors of a year without motorcycle racing at Laguna Seca, and thus a cancellation of a decade plus long beloved Bikeland+LABusas tradition, the FIM has announced that World Superbike is returning to Laguna for 2014. This marks a return to the pre-MotoGP racing weekend, with WSB as the headlining class, in the usual July timeslot, albeit a bit earlier than recent years with a 11th through 13th schedule.

Track management confirmed that those with renewable campsites will carry on per normal.

Support classes are not confirmed yet.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit Staff's homepage. 
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted November 29, 2013 09:10 AM        
the girl on the left don't needs no umbrella

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted November 29, 2013 09:48 AM        
Glad to see laguna is back!!

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 30, 2013 11:05 AM        
Since The Circuit of the America's opened everything else is a joke in every way you compare it. Laguna can be made into Condo's now I'm all corkscrewed out. Finally America has a world class racing surface Although I would think Laguna should stay and that joke at Indy dropped first. A FLAT track with flat corners produces a flat race that's boring. Indy is a circle track it does that with world class.

Ignore this member   
RU_MATRX

Parking Attendant
posted January 02, 2014 03:43 PM        
I for one am happy living in Los Angeles area to be able to go up to Laguna Seca again for MotoGP. It's another circuit in USA which increases the exposure and attendance for the passion of top tier motorcycle racing.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted January 03, 2014 01:04 AM        
Not sure you read the news correctly there RU. MotoGP is NOT coming back. WSB is.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Knewjack

Novice Class
posted January 03, 2014 03:14 PM        
I think Leguna is a great track. Never been on it on a bike though.
  Ignore this member   
Kneeburner

Expert Class
posted January 21, 2014 07:37 AM        
quote:
Since The Circuit of the America's opened everything else is a joke in every way you compare it. Laguna can be made into Condo's now I'm all corkscrewed out. Finally America has a world class racing surface Although I would think Laguna should stay and that joke at Indy dropped first. A FLAT track with flat corners produces a flat race that's boring. Indy is a circle track it does that with world class.

It's to bad that their a bunch of A-hole's at COTA and don't let any bike track day orgs do track days there. I love motogp but will never go to COTA to see one.

Ignore this member   
1badzx12r

Needs a life
posted January 21, 2014 09:29 AM        
quote:

It's to bad that their a bunch of A-hole's at COTA and don't let any bike track day orgs do track days there. .

IF I OWNED A TRACK THE LAST THING I'D WANT IS A BIKE VENUE . a bunch of no spending whinning bikers Car people have so much bigger crowds with unlimited pockets . so yeah I understand their point.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted January 22, 2014 11:40 PM        
I've ridden laguna. It's an awesome track.

frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted February 07, 2014 03:10 AM        
To those that have been attending the July event at Laguna for a decade and had a prime campsite, bad news:

"In 2013 we hosed both the MotoGP and Superbike World Championship events. Customers who held campsites for the 2013 Superbike World Championship received renewals to those campsites for our 2014 Superbike World Championship event. Customers who held campsites for the 2013 MotoGP did not receive renewals for 2014 since we are not hosting a MotoGP event in 2014. Decisions regarding renewals for MotoGP camping will be made by management if and when MotoGP returns. An email was sent out on Oct. 11, 2013 to Premier and Reserved MotoGP camping customers with this information.

After the 2014 Superbike World Championship renewal deadline had passed and renewals received were processed we did try to call 2013 MotoGP customers to see if they would like to either purchase the same campsite they had for MotoGP (if it was available) or purchase an alternative site prior to our first day of sales.

We currently still have over 80 reserved campsites available for purchase."

Good news for those that attended last year's Sept event that brought WSB back to Laguna.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted February 07, 2014 01:54 PM        
Hmmmm

All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Racing Returns to Laguna Seca For 2014! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28674387931824 seconds processing time