HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Fack! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Dino

Pro
posted November 21, 2013 12:38 PM        
Fack!

I can't get my oil light to go out. Tried tipping the bike way over and back upright.(seems like I read that somewhere)
Loosened the filter and bumped the motor. That didn't do it either.

Any suggestions?

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 21, 2013 02:18 PM        
Did you fill the filter before you screwed it on.If you did I think I would drain the oil in a clean pan then pour it in again slowly.It`s got to be air unless a component just happen to fail and ruin your life.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Dane

Expert Class
posted November 22, 2013 07:35 AM        
my .02 , Dis-connect injector harness, loosen oil filter and turn over till light goes out...
  Ignore this member   
Dane

Expert Class
posted November 22, 2013 07:37 AM        
sorry , loosen filter till oil runs out and then tighten and turn over
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 22, 2013 02:59 PM        
didn't the same thing happen this or last summer when i was there? I can't remember for sure what you did to fix it though. Maybe cracked the filter for a few seconds or something like that?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 22, 2013 04:53 PM        
Dino have you changed the oil recently or better put did you just change it?

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 23, 2013 07:48 AM        
yeah dino it definitely did happen, this year even. we literally rolled out the garage, and didnt even get to the gate when you noticed it. i still can't remember for sure how you fixed it, but hopefully that will jog your memory.
Dino

Pro
posted November 24, 2013 11:43 AM        
I loosened the filter till oil ran out, and bumped the motor. It worked this time! ( I DID just change the oil and filter)
Got the bike all back together and went for a test ride tonight. The FI light hasn't been coming on for a couple months now, so I put Shiphteey's ecu in the trunk and took off. Interesting ride. Tried several power wheelies but the back tire would spin like crazy instead of the front coming up. Probably due to the cold roads and/or perhaps the brand new, 8 year old 208's. I'm probably the only person on the planet with new D-208's .

No problems at all with the old ecu so I'll just Keep Ali's in the trunk if mine ever takes a dump again.
Other than the Godawful throttle pull, I forgot how much fun this bike is! All is well.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 24, 2013 04:55 PM        
quote:
brand new, 8 year old 208's

that's some funny shit right thur.

tuusinii

Pro
posted November 24, 2013 07:56 PM        
On ZX12 it's normal way of changeing oil that you first start the engine with oil filter loose and only after oil starts coming out you fasten the filter. I usually do it so that I have one hand on the kill switch and other ready to fasten the filter. That way there isin't much spillage...
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 25, 2013 04:43 AM        
u know, i've never done that or even pre-filled the filter and never had an oil light/air bubble issue in all these years. weird.
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 25, 2013 04:13 PM        
I learned after I did my first oil change back in '00 and used it after that.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted November 26, 2013 12:08 AM        
Dino, be careful on those tires!! We had an 02 9R leave the shop a year ago after a dynotune, I lectured the over and over change the tires!!!! Old ass hard as a rock 208s. .... 1 mile down the road leaving McDonalds you can guess what happened. Totalled.

Just be careful. I can ship you out some takeoffs if you need something to get you by. If so let me know what sizes you run I'll see what I can do.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted November 26, 2013 09:00 AM        
Damn glad to have you back on the 12R Dino.. Now forget all those silly thoughts of selling the thing. You can replace the motorcycle but you can't replace a good 12R. Yours is one of the original good ones Boss. Take my word for this ........ There's a day coming when a 12R in top condition will be worth a war pension and then some. We all know how few of them there ever was to start with and of that small number most have already found their way to a bin or crusher. New Corvettes are trick and mean but rolling across Barrett Jackson's stage old ones built to perfection bring the big cash. Anyone with a job and credit score of 700 and above can own a new bike but all the money in the world can't buy the things that aren't for sale from those of us that know what we have.

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Fack! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25444197654724 seconds processing time