HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: NEW ZX-14????? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
16-5-21

Parking Attendant
posted October 01, 2013 09:59 AM        
NEW ZX-14?????

Anyone have a new zx-14 Just curious about the ride and power ,

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted October 02, 2013 09:13 AM        
It will blow your mind..........go out and buy it as fast as you can..................wear a rubber cause you`ll want to fuck it..........
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 02, 2013 11:49 PM        
I'm one of the die hard ZX12 guys on here. I've street ridden one and taken one to 205 mph at Ohio.

Its the real deal.

If I had the $ I'd get one...but I don't...so I won't.

A.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
16-5-21

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2013 02:42 AM        
Ihave a 2000 zx-12r unlimited with power comander and 17tooth front gear and full race exhaust, how does it compare to the new zx-14 stock?
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 03, 2013 05:43 AM        
I've ridden a 12R with that type of setup....Just tooling around its not a really BIG BIG difference...as soon as you decide you want to go the 14R does it NOW with what feels like 1/2 the throttle.

Yes a lightweight 12R guy can hang with a heavyweight 14R guy.

But you're talking about 25-30 RWHP difference...and the torque to boot.

14R is "almost too much" everywhere....whereas the 12R is peaking and not wicked scary down low.

Both require your attention...the 14R pulls harder earlier and has that nice 12R top end pull ... more.

A.

Ignore this member   
16-5-21

Parking Attendant
posted October 03, 2013 08:21 AM        
That sounds like what Iam looking for Shiphteey. I bet a new zx-14 on a turbo would be scarry!! My zx-12r pulls hard up in the numbers, HARD ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR STOMACH A LITTLE queezy, but is wimpy in the low numbers. I actually ran mine up to between 200 -210 on the speedo, but I know itwasnt running that as the front sprocket has been changed. But it was still running seriously fast!! LOL...
  Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted October 03, 2013 10:22 PM        
Tap the limiter in 6th with that gearing and you were in the 180s depending on the tire size.

Ignore this member   
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted October 04, 2013 01:06 PM        
I'm about to have that exact setup on my 12r. 3 more weeks and she'll be done. Engine internals are stock, but will have an advancer, full brocks gen 4, with a dynotune. I can't say it needs it but boy I'm looking forward to having the extra HP and less wait. I think carro wheels will be the last mod for a while.

Something tells me that I will be very happy for a while.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted October 05, 2013 05:37 AM        
quote:
I've ridden a 12R with that type of setup....Just tooling around its not a really BIG BIG difference...as soon as you decide you want to go the 14R does it NOW with what feels like 1/2 the throttle.

Yes a lightweight 12R guy can hang with a heavyweight 14R guy.

But you're talking about 25-30 RWHP difference...and the torque to boot.

14R is "almost too much" everywhere....whereas the 12R is peaking and not wicked scary down low.

Both require your attention...the 14R pulls harder earlier and has that nice 12R top end pull ... more.

A.

It's THE ONE you know.... LOL

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted October 05, 2013 12:54 PM        
i haven't ridden a 14 for a looong time, but i was almost disappointed when i did. it was just so... smooth and civilized. you couldn't actually appreciate the power. depends what u looking for really.
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Shane661

Needs a life
posted October 05, 2013 11:12 PM        
quote:
i haven't ridden a 14 for a looong time, but i was almost disappointed when i did. it was just so... smooth and civilized. you couldn't actually appreciate the power. depends what u looking for really.

Totally stock 14's feel mild. But basic bolt-on work takes care of that. The 14R, well, it feels pretty darn strong as it comes off the floor. With an oil change, mine put down 189 hp SAE, with around 100 miles on the bike...and a conservative dyno.

Having a 12R, and 14R, I can tell you that you just can't beat the big motor. Even my 1287, while very fast, still has the 12R characteristic of mild down low, power up top. Kawasaki really did the 14R right. You can easily get the bike over 230 hp, with just head and cam work.

Shane

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: NEW ZX-14????? NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25572395324707 seconds processing time