HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: zx12 ecu NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
teamtaz

Parking Attendant
posted September 19, 2013 12:35 AM        
zx12 ecu

can anyone flash or modifly ecu,been trying ridge racer but never get a reply.so does anyone else do this service,cheers

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 19, 2013 05:01 AM        
Just about everyone is offering that service but I would stay with someone reputable like Brock. But Ridge Racer was the one that made it all happen I would keep trying to get him surely someone knows how to reach him outside the forum try posting up a question in the 12R section. I would bump the Hacking the world thread and post a question if anyone can help find him at the same time surely someone will step up

Ignore this member   
KZScott

Needs a life
high on speed
posted September 19, 2013 05:47 AM        
do you have his current email?
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1 1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
CMG Racing RCC Turbos

Ignore this member   
shiphteey

Needs a job
posted September 19, 2013 07:01 AM        
I think Sal (Ace Performance) still does em....I'm guessing 00-03 models, dunno about 04/05 ones.

Topping out everything from Ninja 250s to nitrous ZX-14s.

Ignore this member   
herbg26

Expert Class
posted September 19, 2013 09:46 AM        
You can do it yourself....all the info is here, http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=1&TID=23797&pagenumber=32

Herb

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 19, 2013 10:57 AM        Edited By: Gunner on 20 Sep 2013 01:02
quote:
I think Sal (Ace Performance) still does em....I'm guessing 00-03 models, dunno about 04/05 ones.

I know Ridge Racer can hack the later models 04/05 32 bit models. In fact they are easier to flash since they do not require a port to be added like the earlier ones do. I've noticed a few people recently around on different forums making statements like they been screwed over by some of these guys that aren't the most reputable places that offer ECU hacking. Kinda like the brother in law that knows his shit about PC's and after he leaves your house your next stop is Best Buy where you need a new PC because that deal wasn't such a deal after all after Ol Brother in law has your PC so jacked up it will never work again... I don't think I would want just anyone inside my ECU screwing about... Kinda reminds me of the guy we all use here locally for Dyno work. His dyno reads middle of the road not happy and not stingy either. His maps are nice work and if you pay for a full map from the bottom of the range to the top the motor runs like an electric motor it's seamless. HOWEVER he absolutely will refuse to mess with the timing maps he says there's just not that much in there which is total and absolute BULL SHIT! Timing is every bit as important as fuel I had an ignition commander and it had a map for the 10R that Ivan made and supplied when you bought the stuff from him like most everyone does... So I had him pull the bike with his new map and then installed the Ignition map from Ivan.. The Max power didn't change all that much but the smoothness of the curve was far nicer. It eliminated little dips and peaks as well as picked up 2 or 3 Hp here and there all the way up the map. There is so much that can be changed with an ECU hack that I wouldn't let just anyone do mine I don't believe. Removing limiters and stuff like that would be fine but to do it the absolute best way possible would require the bike on the dyno just like doing a power commander map. I don't even know if anyone offers that do they? If so how much would something like that cost? I swear it's got to the point where a serious racer needs his own Dyno if he wants to stay up front. And if you do a lot of dyno work you would probably just about pay for one within a few years. What does a new dyno cost and who makes the hot ticket as far as Dyno's go now days? Superflow?

Ignore this member   
teamtaz

Parking Attendant
posted September 19, 2013 06:32 PM        
only have the info@bikeland.org email adrreas which keeps bouncing back,
  Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted September 21, 2013 07:34 AM        Edited By: frEEk on 21 Sep 2013 21:35
there is no such email address. besides we can't help you with ECU issues personally. If you trying to get ahold of ridgeracer, best bet is to post in his thread and hopefully he'll check it soon.

actually, i think ridgeracer may have his own site where you can reach him, but not sure what it is. probably listed in his thread somewhere.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 22, 2013 05:47 PM        
quote:
there is no such email address. besides we can't help you with ECU issues personally. If you trying to get ahold of ridgeracer, best bet is to post in his thread and hopefully he'll check it soon.

actually, i think ridgeracer may have his own site where you can reach him, but not sure what it is. probably listed in his thread somewhere.

Yea all 500 pages of it ! LOL

Ignore this member   
tshultz

Zone Head
posted September 22, 2013 11:36 PM        
http://guhlmotors.com/
  Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 23, 2013 02:47 AM        
Is Guhlmotors Ridgeracer's deal? I was thinking it is but not sure.

Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted September 24, 2013 08:44 AM        
I read RidgeRacer's posts with great interest and learned oodle's.

I have no problem in saying although I have never met him, he know's his shit inside and out and sideways on what he speaks of.

I really enjoyed (and miss) his threads.

Ignore this member   
Gunner

Needs a life
posted September 24, 2013 10:47 AM        Edited By: Gunner on 25 Sep 2013 00:50
Anyone that can tear into an ECU like he did and figure it out without anything to build from is a very intelligent person indeed! I followed as he started that Hacking the planet one ZX12 ECU at a time or whatever the threads name is and shook my head that anyone could reverse engineer that thing. I've reverse engineered many mechanical things in my day but electronics are something I leave to people that are smarter than I. Kawasaki didn't want those things opened up and tampered with and they done plenty to stop people from trying but RidgeRacer wasn't even slightly put off by any of that stuff. His work has opened up a whole new business for hacking ECU's that many other people have benefited from. Though I haven't hacked any ECU's yet I can say just knowing it can be done if I want it done makes me feel a bit more in control of things. Thank you RidgeRacer you Sir are Da Man!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: zx12 ecu NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.25838780403137 seconds processing time