HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Wow!! Still here after all these years... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 10, 2012 04:34 PM        Edited By: KC Rocket Racer on 11 Nov 2012 08:13
Wow!! Still here after all these years...

I haven't been here for A LONG, LONG time! My new username is similar to the one(s) I had a decade or more ago. [ RocketRacer and Red 12R Rocket ]. Very cool to see this site still alive and kicking!

I came here to see who might still own/ride one of those "ancient" ZX-12R" motorcycles --- particularly one of those original ZX-1200A1, model year 2000 bikes. I still have mine (and still love it) ---- it's alive and well with 6002 miles on the odometer.

And just FYI --- the first year model in the color RED were the quickest and fastest!!! ;D

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 11, 2012 01:19 AM        
I still have my 2000 red 12r.Rode it friday to charge the batt and do some power wheelie calisthenics .It still runs like a mother fucker.57000 miles and it is for sale.The 14r took it`s place.What`s a guy to do........Anyway welcome back and new guys buy the first round of CROWN..........yummy
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 11, 2012 11:10 AM        
your original account should still be there if you wanted to use it. we haven't deleted any old accounts.

i still got my '00, but it hasn't actually seen any use last 2 summers. needs a couple things sorted and been too lazy to get to it. also you're wrong: the fastest colour is no colour. crash all the fairings off and save a couple pounds

Ignore this member    Click here to visit frEEk's homepage. 
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 11, 2012 12:28 PM        
quote:
your original account should still be there if you wanted to use it. we haven't deleted any old accounts.

i still got my '00, but it hasn't actually seen any use last 2 summers. needs a couple things sorted and been too lazy to get to it. also you're wrong: the fastest colour is no colour. crash all the fairings off and save a couple pounds

The old RocketRacer user name works for me. Can you fix me up (and get rid of my new user name)??

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 11, 2012 12:46 PM        
quote:
I still have my 2000 red 12r.Rode it friday to charge the batt and do some power wheelie calisthenics .It still runs like a mother fucker.57000 miles and it is for sale.The 14r took it`s place.What`s a guy to do........Anyway welcome back and new guys buy the first round of CROWN..........yummy

The 14R is cool, but I still prefer the looks of the 12R --- never did "warm up" to the styling of the 14 or the Hayabusa. My 12R is close to stock and I'm close to 50 --- really don't feel the need for more power or speed these days. [Well, most days!! ]

If I remember correctly, you aren't that far from Kansas City. So... I'll take care of that drink --- but let's make it Wild Turkey 101 with Coke, OK?

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted November 11, 2012 01:04 PM        
quote:
quote:

The 14R is cool, but I still prefer the looks of the 12R --- never did "warm up" to the styling of the 14 or the Hayabusa. My 12R is close to stock and I'm close to 50 --- really don't feel the need for more power or speed these days. [Well, most days!! ]

If I remember correctly, you aren't that far from Kansas City. So... I'll take care of that drink --- but let's make it Wild Turkey 101 with Coke, OK?

yep st.louis.mo.
I can bet you this.if you test ride a 14r you will buy one.They are that good.My 12r is mint.I a/b them all the time.I`m just gonna say it.The 12r feels old.I still love it mind you but i look at both sitting in the garage before a ride and the 12r keeps sitting there collecting dust...IT IS FOR SALE...........

Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 11, 2012 01:14 PM        
quote:

yep st.louis.mo.
I can bet you this.if you test ride a 14r you will buy one.They are that good.My 12r is mint.I a/b them all the time.I`m just gonna say it.The 12r feels old.I still love it mind you but i look at both sitting in the garage before a ride and the 12r keeps sitting there collecting dust...IT IS FOR SALE...........

Oh.... I fully understand what you're saying --- and that's EXACTLY why I haven't ridden a 14R!

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 11, 2012 02:10 PM        
A late night picture of the bike. A little "different" looking with this lighting, but I like it.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted November 12, 2012 07:28 AM        
quote:
The old RocketRacer user name works for me. Can you fix me up (and get rid of my new user name)??

nothing to fix up. just go ahead and log in.

KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 14, 2012 02:13 PM        
quote:
quote:

nothing to fix up. just go ahead and log in.

Well.... that was MANY years ago. I don't remember what the password was --- I don't even know what e-mail address I had back then or if it is even one I still use.

No big deal --- It was just nice to see this place still existing and to drop by and say Hello. I really don't have anything new to contribute.

Ignore this member   
EastBayDave

Needs a job
posted November 15, 2012 08:10 AM        
Nice to see a few of you old guys still around...

Sold my 00' ZX12R two summers back because got hurt & out of work needed bux. Still miss it...

Guy who bought it came out to SF, CA to get it, & took it to Galveston, TX area. Like me he bought it as a collectable, & only rides it to the "Bike Nights" & local bike/car shows. Sends me info when he updates it as he's added a few small things. So it's nice to know me bike is still alive & kicking & has a good home....

I forget how to add an image on this site, but he sent me a couple so least I got those (lost the rest.) The only mod I didn't like is he removed the hugger =for why I don't know. But kept all the other good stuff...

Someone remind me how a pic's posted here?

-ebd

Ignore this member   
EastBayDave

Needs a job
posted November 16, 2012 01:31 AM        
how it looked in 00'.....top of the hill Berkeley, CA

How it looked on the TX gulf coast last year in new owners garb:

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted November 16, 2012 11:26 AM        
quote:
how it looked in 00'.....top of the hill Berkeley, CA

How it looked on the TX gulf coast last year in new owners garb:

Oh, yes!! I remember that bike from WAY back. Was definitely jealous when you got those light weight, high $$$ wheels for the bike!

I'll be keeping my 12R for many more years (I hope). Still have all the original parts to put it back to completely stock --- except for that 3 or 4 inches of the rear fender that I cut off years ago.

Ignore this member   
EastBayDave

Needs a job
posted November 17, 2012 04:47 AM        Edited By: EastBayDave on 17 Nov 2012 20:00
quote:
Oh, yes!! I remember that bike from WAY back. Was definitely jealous when you got those light weight, high $$$ wheels for the bike!

I'll be keeping my 12R for many more years (I hope). Still have all the original parts to put it back to completely stock --- except for that 3 or 4 inches of the rear fender that I cut off years ago.

Yeah I loved the thing; kept it for 10+ years. Only reason I got rid of it was it didn't really fit anymore & was sitting in garage gathering dust; not being ridden. I couldn't bear for such a fine machine to sit, & the insurance was killing me as well. So when a bud made a good offer, off it went. I'm still very sad about losing it...

I still have the ZRX1200 to play with occasionally. I don't ride too much anymore as been having some serious health issues...you don't wanna know. The bug never goes away though....:P

The wheels, do what I did= wailed on the credit card. Paid them off in 3 years. Easy....

Ignore this member   
ZXLNT

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted November 27, 2012 07:13 AM        
Still around, dont post much. I still have my ZX12R, sold my ZX14 about 4 years ago. Miss it, wish I still had it..

Ignore this member   
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted November 28, 2012 11:58 PM        
Sold my C.L. Green 2000 model about 2 years ago....been kicking myself every since. Have a 14 now but still miss the 12.
1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 06, 2012 01:48 PM        
quote:
Still around, dont post much. I still have my ZX12R, sold my ZX14 about 4 years ago. Miss it, wish I still had it..

Yep... I remember your "handle" from the old days. Kansas, right? And that 12R would be your 2nd one --- the first was stolen?? [And you went with a COOL red one the 2nd time around? ]

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 06, 2012 02:24 PM        
Well.... the weather has been pretty good for this time of year here in Kansas City. Thought I might take the old 12R out for a ride, burn up most of the old fuel in the tank and refill with fresh stuff (and add some STA-BIL as usual). But, the battery is dead and won't take a charge. Time for another new battery.

I must confess.... as much as I love the old 12R (and I DO love it!) I am getting to the point that I don't think it is a great idea to be going "Mach II with my hair on fire" any more (which is, of course, what the 12R is excellent at doing). I'll be 50 years old in a few months, and I've experienced a couple of painful injuries over the past few years (non-motorcycle related). The painful injuries have made me realize that I'm not immortal!

So, I've been giving some thought to buying/building a BIG cubic-inch V-twin "custom" cruiser. Definitely NOT a chopper style of bike --- something long, low and MUSCULAR. At LEAST 100 cubic-inches displacement ---- somewhere around 120 sounds better!

Still keeping the 12R for those days when I simply MUST experience that RUSH a few times.

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted December 06, 2012 03:00 PM        
not sure i get the point of such a cruiser? just keep riding the 12. if it is an issue of ergos, helibars and a custom seat. besides, the older you get the more a cruiser becomes an ironic symbol of conformance.
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 06, 2012 03:33 PM        
quote:
not sure i get the point of such a cruiser? just keep riding the 12. if it is an issue of ergos, helibars and a custom seat. besides, the older you get the more a cruiser becomes an ironic symbol of conformance.

No problem with the ergonomics --- I just simply CAN'T ride the 12R sanely! The thrill of the 12R (for me) has ALWAYS been that WFO rush through the gears, tucked as tight as I can get behind the fairing/windshield. It's an addictive thing, and I don't want to die (or become permanently disabled) from that addiction! It's (probably) like being hooked on a drug like cocaine or heroin??

I ABSOLUTELY do not want a "standard" v-twin cruiser. In fact, I haven't found a factory produced V-twin cruiser that I'd like to own --- nobody makes it.. "Conformance" isn't me!!

The bike I'm wanting (or at least wanting to TRY OUT to see if I like it) will be BASED on a very large V-twin. The term "cruiser" really doesn't fit ---- I have the idea of a beefy, strong-pulling straight-line muscle bike in mind. Lots of torque and great acceleration --- but no real need to reach ultra high speeds like the 12R. I may love it, or I may hate it --- but, as a "project guy" I feel the need to build it!!

Ignore this member   
frEEk

Administrator
ummm... yeah
posted December 06, 2012 04:22 PM        
maybe a diavel is for you.

i for one have no problem toodling along with the 12. altho the temptation to WOT is indeed always there.

harryzx-12

Needs a job
posted December 10, 2012 01:36 AM        
I still have my zx-12's , 4 of them are 2000 and one is a 2002.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways- Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out...Screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride !!!"

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 11, 2012 02:34 PM        
quote:
I still have my zx-12's , 4 of them are 2000 and one is a 2002.

That's a collection! I'm a little jealous!!

Ignore this member   
NINJA12

Needs a job
posted December 31, 2012 04:10 PM        
still got my 2000 zx12 with 2001 green/flames plastic.
  Ignore this member   
blitzkrieg

Needs a job
Road kill = Free lunch.
posted January 01, 2013 03:41 AM        
Still got my A1. I'll never sell the bike. :-)

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3     Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Wow!! Still here after all these years... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38767218589783 seconds processing time