HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Wow!! Still here after all these years... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted August 16, 2013 12:55 PM        
Mine......

Ignore this member   
00a1zx12r

Novice Class
posted August 21, 2013 11:03 PM        
quote:
I live in Monterey, Laguna Seca is in my back yard. I was there last year and this year. Mine was the green '00 you might have seen on Canery Row Friday and Saturday night....

there was only a couple other ZX12R's in attendance...

Hey there, I see you have the brocks 20" Street meg system on your '00 zx12. I have been searching for a good system for mine. I have the same bike as you in green. 2000 model.

Can you give me a report on what your brocks is like on your zx12. I had the short street meg system on my zrx1200 big block 1224 kit. It was great for mid and top end but below 4000rpms it fell on it's face.

Any comments on the Brocks for the zx12 would be great. They are a better price point then whats available. Only other options are ordering from Japan. And japan is very expensive.

Ignore this member   
RAC4IT

Needs a job
Bergie
posted October 01, 2013 04:59 AM        

Still ride it to work occasionally...

Ignore this member   
Quickwilly

Expert Class
posted October 18, 2013 03:42 AM        Edited By: Quickwilly on 18 Oct 2013 18:43
Still have my A1 as well... Just use it for track days once in a great while.

Ignore this member   
DudeDad

Parking Attendant
2K ZX12-R
posted October 19, 2013 06:21 PM        

quote:
Still got my A1. I'll never sell the bike. :-)

Same here... thanks for the site Fish 8>)

Ignore this member    Click here to visit DudeDad's homepage. 
WARBIRD

Needs a job
posted October 22, 2013 01:00 PM        
Quickwilly GREAT picture........

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 20, 2013 03:53 PM        
quote:
The ZX12 is one of those bikes that just doesn't make much sense to get rid of. The money in hand won't get anything out there that would be anywhere near its performance. It is still truely one of the best buys out there....

Totally agree --- and haven't parted with mine.

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 20, 2013 04:22 PM        
quote:
IMO anybody that has an A1 today and sells it today is flat fucking dumb. ;-)

Remember.... You could buy a slew of muscle cars in the late 70's-80's for next to nothing. Watch Meccum some time. A car I could buy, say a '71 Cuda 440 6 Pack for 3-5 grand when I was in high school (and yes, I had two friends that did) is now worth $80K and up. The sky is the limit.

These bikes are at the bottom of the market value-wise. They are not making anymore of them. And every day a few more get destroyed by some 19 year old that thinks he is boy racer.

No gentlemen, my A-1 is not going anywhere.

Absolutely right! But, I do understand that some people's situations require a sale of assets that aren't really needed (and I've been there). And, you have to keep in mind that the value of any of that stuff is dependent on condition and market demand --- those old muscle cars only bring in the big $$$ when in good/great condition.

My 2000 ZX-12R is staying right here. 6100 original miles --- runs perfect --- looks brand new.

Haven't come up with another new bike that I feel I "must" have.

The 2004 Mustang GT has received a few mods and is fun to drive. Not nearly as quick or fast as the ZX-12R, but still a fun toy.

Looking for a nice used 2003-2004 Ford F150 SVT Lightning to replace my ancient 94 Ford F150 now.......

Ignore this member   
KC Rocket Racer

Parking Attendant
posted December 20, 2013 04:30 PM        Edited By: KC Rocket Racer on 21 Dec 2013 08:34
Those pics of red 12Rs --- reminds me of a line from the movie TOP GUN --- something about a hard-on!! Ha, ha!

Keep flyin' Mach II with your hair on fire. Just be careful while doing it!!

Ignore this member   
ZXLNT

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted December 24, 2013 02:32 PM        
Warbird is the picture recent? Your bike is clean clean..

Ignore this member   
2000redrocket

Pro
posted December 25, 2013 04:14 AM        
i still have mine.it keeps getting quicker. the best fun for me is the times i get and susike guys can not believe it is just a pipe.
then the dyno guys that says no way i will out dyno a busa with a bolt on. till i hand one 20 hp.
this winter if time and funds work out since i have my duster back it will get a stroker crank and the trans taken care of. then i get to play with the busas with the same displacement.
they are screwed. 100cc bigger will be real nice

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 3 pages long: 1  2  3   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Wow!! Still here after all these years... NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2561559677124 seconds processing time