HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New Owner! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Mishima

Parking Attendant
posted September 08, 2012 10:09 AM        Edited By: Mishima on 8 Sep 2012 18:10
New Owner!

I just picked up a used 2000 ZX12R today.

After it was delivered, I gave it a test ride(after I bought, I know, dumb.) The first thing I noticed was the speedometer wasn't working, nor was the odometer logging miles. The previous owner says it was working before he delivered. When he took it off the trailer, he had tie downs routed through the handlebars. I was wondering if maybe some cables might have came loose? Does anyone have any idea where I can start looking? I'd hate to take it into the stealership already.

Oh, both the speedometer and tachometer needles sweep when it is turned on BTW.

Ignore this member   
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
posted September 09, 2012 08:22 AM        
Check the wiring/plug from the sensor at the transmission. It's on top of the crankcase, left side.

Ignore this member   
vailes3705

Expert Class
Gettin Better
posted September 09, 2012 04:38 PM        
Congrats on the new ride. Now that you have it, don't ever get rid of it. I used to have a CL green 2000 model and I made the mistake of trading it off...regreted it every since.
1.46 60ft

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New Owner! NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.32287406921387 seconds processing time