HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: replacing the stator NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
JoeGibs

Novice Class
posted June 23, 2012 01:28 PM        
replacing the stator

I finally got my little project bike almost road worthy. so i thought. i started it up a couple nights ago and noticed the headlight didnt fire. i've had problems with this before, so after some testing i realized the running voltage on the bike was at 12.1v. so i took the stator cover off, and realized all 4 bolts holding the stator to the cover had come loose, and were grinding away. and the stator looks plenty burnt on a few of the coils.

so i'm lookin around on ebay, and i cant seem to find any cover gaskets. the one thats on there is torn up pretty good. even if its in shitty condition, is using rtv going to work well enough to keep oil from collecting on my garage floor?

any suggestion on where i might find the 4 bolts to hold the stator to the cover, other than ronayers?

03 Project ZX12

Ignore this member   
JoeGibs

Novice Class
posted July 03, 2012 11:07 AM        
i ordered the 4 bolts i need to hold the stator to the cover from ronayers, and i'm going the rtv route. but now i've come across another problem. there's a metal sleeve that slides over the stator, and one of the rolled over ends of it have been cut off and was flopping around loose inside the cover. i cant seem to find this little metal sleeve on the micro fiche.

would there be any big problem in running without it?

03 Project ZX12

Ignore this member   
chuck762

Novice Class
posted July 04, 2012 06:06 PM        Edited By: chuck762 on 5 Jul 2012 02:08
sleeve that slides over the stator? Are you sure that wasn't a cover from inside the inside of the flywheel? It covers the magnets. If you can see the magnets then you know where the sleeve went and need to replace the flywheel.

Ignore this member   
JoeGibs

Novice Class
posted July 04, 2012 10:27 PM        
yep i just saw that same answer on another forum i posted on. looked up the flywheel on ronayers, somethin like 350 bucks. yeah, no. checked ebay, nothin. sooooo, any issue if i ran without it?

03 Project ZX12

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: replacing the stator NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2170569896698 seconds processing time