HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New to ZX-12R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
evanwhitten

Parking Attendant
FAT EMO GUY
posted March 18, 2012 08:03 PM        
New to ZX-12R

Just bought a 2002 ZX12R. I know its kinda late to worry about this but any pros/cons to the bike. I have been riding it for about 2 weeks now and I love every minute of it.

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted March 18, 2012 09:00 PM        
they respond very well to a full exhaust,power commander with custom map front sprocket -1 tooth.....be ready for power wheelies .mine come up a little in 3rd and i have 55,000 miles.i just ran 1-9.6 and 2- 9.7`s over the weekend
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
evanwhitten

Parking Attendant
FAT EMO GUY
posted March 19, 2012 10:18 PM        
It has a yoshimura slip on but that's about it... I bought it more for the stylish design and its nice to have the power there when I need it..... I've been a little hesitant to she what she can really do.
  Ignore this member   
Watto

Parking Attendant
posted March 26, 2012 07:32 PM        
Have been riding z12 for two years like you love every minute. Two tips Z12 loves to wheelie but don't is the big tip. Bike not designed for it and too often too big will put cracks in the frame. Also get a blank for the ram air intake a car wash sponge does the job nicely. I by sheer luck found a wasp had made a mud nest past the intake along the air intake guides to the filters. I removed heaps of mud and insect larvae. If you do this put something on your bike tank to remind you to remove the sponge before you go out. I rode once without doing it and it ran as you woulod expect. No damage but very sluggish.

Cheers

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: New to ZX-12R NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.440175056458 seconds processing time