HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Flywheel Needed ASAP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Rossi

Novice Class
posted March 10, 2012 04:15 PM        
Flywheel Needed ASAP

Hey ya'll, have'nt been on here in a while do to my deployments in the military eating up my time but here is my issue. Need a new flywheel from the generator / alternator. This is going on my 2002. I was hopeing the flywheel off of my 2000 would fit it but learned that lesson the long way. Not using my 2000 since my X friend layed it down. Anyway if you are curious, yes I went through the steps direct from the manual and had the correct continuity but the voltage was way to low. .4 ohms and about 50V @4,000. New battery and my old battery do the same thing of dying after about a half hour of riding. Checked with my good friend at the bike shop and he said either the stator coil or flywheel / rotor. Narrowed it down to the fly wheel kaw. part #21050-1195. I'm not wanting to spend almost $400 for a new one, so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Ignore this member   
zx12mark

Pro
posted March 10, 2012 05:19 PM        
any parts you need on e-bay motors.........check there .
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit zx12mark's homepage. 
Rossi

Novice Class
posted March 11, 2012 10:45 AM        
There was one on e-bay but it looks like its pretty beat up. Who knows how long until that one loses its magnetism and won't work. Thanks for the thought but im going to have to find one in better condition somewhere.
  Ignore this member   
ZXLNT

Needs a job
Kawpuke Extraordinare
posted March 16, 2012 11:25 AM        
I think I have a couple spare flywheels, let me check. I think I have one of each, post a picture of yours if you can so I can match it up with what I have...

Ignore this member   
WarDawg

Parking Attendant
posted May 02, 2012 02:25 PM        
Hey ZXLNT
I'm in need of one also for a 2001 12R. Do you have one for that year?
Need ASAP if you do.

Ignore this member   
herbg26

Expert Class
posted May 04, 2012 02:55 PM        Edited By: herbg26 on 4 May 2012 22:56
I got one 2000, attached to the crank that needs a couple journals fixed. Somebody can have, just pay shipping cost, I Think within the us will be about 40 bucks...I just need to get rid of this thing...PM me

HERB

Ignore this member   
WarDawg

Parking Attendant
posted May 11, 2012 09:21 AM        
quote:
I got one 2000, attached to the crank that needs a couple journals fixed. Somebody can have, just pay shipping cost, I Think within the us will be about 40 bucks...I just need to get rid of this thing...PM me

Can't PM you so just replying here
Whats the part number on that flywheel?

HERB

Ignore this member   
herbg26

Expert Class
posted May 12, 2012 04:48 AM        
The crank and flywheel are off a 2000, so the flywheel part number is 21050-1185
I can send you pics, just give me your address

Herb

Ignore this member   
Bigbore4

Zone Head
posted May 13, 2012 01:44 AM        
Probly wasting time and money if you think it's the flywheel. The flywheel is a magnet. Check the stator and/or rectifier unit. You said 50 V output? Any of the ecu operated systems have overlimit protection.
  Ignore this member   
Rossi

Novice Class
posted May 13, 2012 05:08 AM        
Altenator needed I figured out. Been out of it from major back surgery. Anybody have one?
  Ignore this member   
peanut 12

Novice Class
peanut 12
posted May 15, 2012 04:26 PM        
yes 65.00 shipped
  Ignore this member   
chuckster1228

Parking Attendant
posted October 15, 2012 06:18 PM        
quote:
quote:

Can't PM you so just replying here
do you still have the fly wheel i need it email me at chuckster12281969@gmail.com thanks

Ignore this member   
chuckster1228

Parking Attendant
posted October 16, 2012 01:38 PM        
Hey herbg26 I need the flywheel if you still have it email e at chuckster12281969@gmail.com thanks chuck
  Ignore this member   
DeathProof

Novice Class
deceased
posted January 06, 2013 05:30 PM        
I have a flywheel for your newer zx12r. 2000 and 2001 models wont fit and as the other riders on here have suggested you need to check the rectifier for output and voltage and also replace the factory junction box possibly. The charging system is a problem on this bike but remember that if you buy a high output stator from rick's you will also need to buy a high output (mosphet) or rick's rectifier as well. Either full OEM parts only or all aftermarket hi output parts. There is a small hole in the stator cover to allow oil in. If you remove the factory metal gasket and use black rtv gasket maker instead, being careful not to plug the hole with material, you will increase the oil volume to the stator which will keep it cooler. Just compare the size of the hole in the spring steel gasket meant to feed the stator with the hole in the case and block for oil to flow. The restriction of the gasket makes cooling harder. Solder the new connections making sure not to use any burned portions in new connections and relocate the new rectifier to an external location that will ft more air flow.
  Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Flywheel Needed ASAP NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.38349294662476 seconds processing time