HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX12R B2 Won't Fire and Run NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Black Gold ZX12R

Parking Attendant
posted November 14, 2014 12:41 AM        Edited By: Black Gold ZX12R on 14 Nov 2014 20:02
Still having the problem. Cranking speed good so not battery, and also battery kept on battery charger. Run this year for two months and then refuses to start.

Any help would be greatly received. On the point of buying a BMW that's how bad it's got!!!!

When the bike starts it runs perfect no misfires flat spots etc. and always gets me home. Left overnight or a couple of days it then refuses to start and this then goes on for months suddenly fires up and then starts every day for 2 to 7 months usually stops around September to November restarts April to May.

Local dealers have sugguested changing sensors starting at £80 and ending at ECU £1500 and if sensor not faulty then a bonus for me as I now have a new sensor fitted!!

HELP needed

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted November 15, 2014 06:29 PM        
Have you checked the ignition switch? Try cleaning it internalky first with plenty of brake cleaner, then with WD40 and in the end with gun oil for a touch of oil to keep it lubricated. Or try to hotwire but remember that resistor in the one of the wires. Did you pull ever any codes from the ECU?
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit tuusinii's homepage. 
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
posted December 03, 2014 05:31 AM        
I scanned all previous, but have you LOAD CHECKED the Bat? You MUST have 12.5V under load to get acceptable performance. Could be a draw somewhere that is pulling it down.

Ignore this member   
Shifty

Parking Attendant
posted January 07, 2015 09:19 PM        
I have this exact problem. I haven't had a chance to look at it, I just jumped in the car as I had to get to work, but basically -

Bike running fine, now won't start.
Cranks perfectly so no issues with clutch/gear/kill switches.
Spins over at high speed like normal, just doesn't start (or even sputter).
Fuel pump primes, dash kicks over like normal.

That's just my initial observations, I'll have a look at the other stuff in the next couple of days.

It is a B1.

Based on my general automotive knowledge it seems like it is a triggering issue, whether that is a can position sensor, ignition pickup or ecu fault.

If anyone has solved this it would be great, I don't have the money to take it to a shop at the moment.

Ignore this member   
Shifty

Parking Attendant
posted January 08, 2015 12:18 PM        
For anyone reading, my issue was the pc3.

Unplugged, went first go.

Plugged back in, won't go.

Unplugged again, goes fine.

Ignore this member   
Black Gold ZX12R

Parking Attendant
posted January 30, 2015 02:18 AM        
Hi,

I still have my problems what do you mean by pc3?

Thanks

Ignore this member   
Black Gold ZX12R

Parking Attendant
posted January 30, 2015 02:20 AM        
Hi,

I still have my problems what do you mean by pc3?

Thanks

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted February 01, 2015 04:03 PM        
PC3 = Power Commander 3
tuusinii

Pro
posted February 01, 2015 04:04 PM        
Did you ever read the CODEs when the ECU light is blinking?
Black Gold ZX12R

Parking Attendant
posted February 04, 2015 02:08 AM        
Hi
No power commander is fitted bike is absolute standard apart from a feed to ICOM radio and Scot oiller.
There is no code the FI light. Everything looks normal jsut doesn't fire up.
Do you know if there is any aftermarket software that can be purchased add to a laptop and interogate the ECU.

Ignore this member   
tuusinii

Pro
posted February 04, 2015 03:18 PM        
No. There isin't any other way to communicate than the "Blinking light" method. But earlier you said thatthe FI-light is blinking when you try to start and not starting? Two things that are hard to find to cause that is that there is a problem with the ignition switch or gear sensor. Try to disconnect the gear sensor and hardwire it trough a resistor because there is known problem that the gear position sensor may not get good contact. And it could very well be temperature dependent. And just to recheck that the Clutch and side stand switches do work? And that you're on neutral and not pressing the clutch?
tuusinii

Pro
posted February 04, 2015 03:20 PM        
And did you check the TPS and IAP (Inlet Air Pressure) sensor voltages too? Camshafts sensor?
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 2 pages long: 1  2   ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: ZX12R B2 Won\'t Fire and Run NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2015 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.28389406204224 seconds processing time