HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawi orders dealers DO NOT SELL 10Rs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
SteveWFL

posted December 15, 2010 07:07 AM        
quote:
Shane - you're the dick here. Neither Steve nor I have our mouths on Fishes cock or vice versa. Fact is - what it is. You're just too much of a fanboy to offer any useful info. I have 2 ZX14's and a Connie in my garage now.

I'll explain it to you in moron terms because that's exactly what you are

-- They recalled the bikes - several tons and shiploads worth, because of a huge liability, one that they surely did the bean count on. You're just too fucking stupid to see that, because you obviously know little about business and the way these multinationals work. Your intelligence is far outweighed by your naivety and ignorance, this deduced from all of your nonsensical spew here about KHI . All you've proven, is how stupid you really are. You fucking blah blah blah here all day long, but your argument doesn't hold water. With all due respect, not that you deserve it, you're still a douchbag and a moron. Now, you can go fuck yourself - eat shit and die, but I still like you.

Oh - and you can take that fart-spewing-shit-eating moron, watthecu with you...another idiot who's 4 quarters short of a dollar - and even more cards short of a full deck.

he already knows all this, he's throwing some major bait.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted December 15, 2010 10:46 AM        
I have my own theory. First of all EPA testing is not at full throttle where this "neuter" takes place. So the reason that they neutered it was because there was a weakness when it reved too high. Now they are finding that it is possible to get the revs that high (removing the flies, or just going down a big hill) and the engine might take a shit.
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
DB

Pro
posted December 15, 2010 11:55 AM        
quote:
quote:

And Shane, whats the deal with the starting of the vicious posts? You're better than that man

Can't I just lower myself to their level occasionally? I'm just fed up with some of the weasel's, liars, suck-ups, and hypocrites on this site.

It is funny...people getting banned, censored, or moderated for articulately stating their points..while other trolls can shit on threads left and right without even a peep heard.

As for the 10R issue, well as usual the glass is half-empty around here. All you hear about is all negative. No good tech info, no good photo coverage, no ride reports....nothing. Hell, Bikeland is saying they broke this story worldwide...when they first read it from kawpower in this thread, it seems. But the bottom is that 90% of what you read here is just a bunch of whining from people who probably wouldn't buy one anyway.

I come to this site because I am a Kawasaki enthusiast. I like Kawasaki's. If I wanted to read about people slamming the hell out of Kawasaki all day, I would go to a Busa site.

Shane

+1

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 15, 2010 11:56 AM        Edited By: fish_antlers on 15 Dec 2010 20:17
quote:
So...they shouldn't have recalled them? What is the big deal about a recall if it fixes the problem...and early on, at that?

Shane

The big deal is that if they hadn't cut 2/3 of their workforce, let go off most of their great techs and product testers - then this probably wouldn't have happened. Couple that with an unrealistic delivery schedule - October instead of March the next year, and subcontracting components for the 10R to Thailand,and this is what you get.

So what should they have done? Completed testing and engineering the bike - THEN sold them.

My 2cents werth -

Ignore this member    Click here to visit fish_antlers's homepage. 
1adam12

Expert Class
posted December 15, 2010 12:05 PM        
I thought the same thing Ted although the euro models don't have the limiter.I think it's something in the topend valve spring or something.They should dyno and break in every single sport bike motor coming out of all the factories.
  Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted December 15, 2010 12:41 PM        
quote:

So what should they have done? Completed testing and engineering the bike - THEN sold them.

My 2cents werth -

That is asking for alot these days

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 15, 2010 01:23 PM        
The Kawasaki we see today (quite literally) is not the Kawasaki we all bought bikes from 2 years ago when all the shot really started hitting the fan.

Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 15, 2010 01:35 PM        
quote:
quote:
So...they shouldn't have recalled them? What is the big deal about a recall if it fixes the problem...and early on, at that?

Shane

The big deal is that if they hadn't cut 2/3 of their workforce, let go off most of their great techs and product testers - then this probably wouldn't have happened. Couple that with an unrealistic delivery schedule - October instead of March the next year, and subcontracting components for the 10R to Thailand,and this is what you get.

My 2cents werth -

I wonder why they cut their workforce in this thriving economic time? I mean, jap bike sales are through the roof!

We don't even know what the issue is with the bikes at this point. Just like the limiter issue, everyone is making this a big deal without knowing the full extent of the facts. The good news is that not many bikes have been sold, and they are trying to get things taken care of. Any whining and bitching at this point is crying over spilled milk. They will feel the effects of this financially more than anyone else, and you can bet they are not happy about it.

EVERY manufacturer has had issues, recalls, and even entire bad motors in some cases. It happens.

Shane

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 15, 2010 02:08 PM        
Again, Shane - this was avoidable either by not firing your key technicians or by giving the few remaking technicians time to do their job properly. All fact.

SteveWFL

posted December 15, 2010 02:14 PM        
Mismanagement, "rush job" product released to market before it was ready to meet a timeline, lack of effective QA, etc etc etc

Lets hope Kawi gets on top of their game FAST, folks handing back ZX10's are surely going to apply the refund to a new bike whether its Kawi or not.
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
Shane661

Needs a life
posted December 15, 2010 02:59 PM        
quote:
Again, Shane - this was avoidable either by not firing your key technicians or by giving the few remaking technicians time to do their job properly. All fact.

I guess you know more about running their business than they do.

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 15, 2010 03:17 PM        
quote:
quote:

I guess you know more about running their business than they do.

So your answer to a serious, factual discussion about business practices is a juevenile retort like that?

Bently

Needs a life
2012 14r In Blue and no Mods!
posted December 15, 2010 03:24 PM        
They should add 2/3 work force back on and then charge 21999.00 for a new 14 and 20999.00 for a new 10r and sell them like hot cakes. but there would be a two year waiting list just to get one. Oh shit I forgot my dealer has not orderd a zx 14 since 09 becuase he has to mark them down to 9990.00 just to get rid of them. Oh ya and if anyone is interested he has a left over 08 10r as well as a 09 10r sitting there. Do some of you know what it takes to keep a muti billon dollar company afloat in todays economy? it's all stuff none of us like but it's the way it is. i work at a muti billon dollar profit a year company and see it all first hand. this economy keeps up and we might not have much choice in bikes in a few years. hell used bikes are so cheap right know I have no clue why anyone would go buy a new one anyway. there's so many low mile 08-09 14's for sale right know for between 6400. and 7000 it's not even funny. why pay 13500.00 or even 10,500 for a left over? I understand paying 13,500 for like the 10 when there's no used ones in the market place if you just have to have the latest bike.
  Ignore this member   
thekaz

Needs a job
spell chequer is bustimicated
posted December 15, 2010 03:33 PM        
quote:

this fact has proven itself in my industry far to many times

Ignore this member   
TedG

posted December 15, 2010 04:04 PM        
quote:
I thought the same thing Ted although the euro models don't have the limiter.I think it's something in the topend valve spring or something.They should dyno and break in every single sport bike motor coming out of all the factories.

Very good point, but do we really know if the euro production bike didn't suffer the same neuter? Correct me if I am wrong but weren't those specs some pre-production literature and not real (tested) production bike specs?
Green 2005 ZX10R
2009 Concours Black ABS

Ignore this member   
BrooklynNYZX12

Zone Head
posted December 15, 2010 06:30 PM        
Back to the bike business,being as everyone has an opinion,is Kaw doing the right thing here??I am not lookin to get into an R n D discussion,How can they have handled this better? Don't give the jerk-off reply that they shoulda made the bike better,the bikes have a serious problem,they are buying them back..this is different than the usual jerk around with a warranty claim.What should Kaw do different being that everyones panties are in a bunch about something.

Ignore this member   
MJ

Zone Head
posted December 15, 2010 07:06 PM        
The usual jerk around with a warranty claim is pure bullshit and a disgrace to any corporation that does it It sounds to me like kawi is doing the right thing by getting all the bikes back and starting with a clean slate so to speak , and giving us a production run of fault free bikes that won't tarnish their reputation and frustrate buyers. As several folks have said, thats more than a lot of other companies would do. You can't really fault them for that. They screwed up, but they're handling it in the best way possible imo. I'd rather have a company tell me up front my new bike has an engine problem and we're going to give you another one rather than let the problem go and make me have to fight tooth and nail to get it fixed down the road (if the problem doesn't kill me first), or tell me that burning a quart of oil a ride is normal and live with it lol.
  Ignore this member   
FastestBusaAround

Needs a life
I eat Fish...
posted December 16, 2010 02:45 PM        
quote:

When I was at the HD factory a few years back - they were actually dyno testing each bike at full pin for 5-6 minutes straight...so I'd imagine that most if not all, perform the same tests. From my understanding though, it's not the engine you have to worry about breaking in, but more like the rest of the drive train, including the brake pads.

Ignore this member    Click here to visit FastestBusaAround's homepage. 
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 16, 2010 05:17 PM        
quote:
Back to the bike business,being as everyone has an opinion,is Kaw doing the right thing here??I am not lookin to get into an R n D discussion,How can they have handled this better? Don't give the jerk-off reply that they shoulda made the bike better,the bikes have a serious problem,they are buying them back..this is different than the usual jerk around with a warranty claim.What should Kaw do different being that everyones panties are in a bunch about something.

either by not firing your key technicians or by giving the few remaking technicians time to do their job properly - sorry but that's my opinion ....

or is your question "fuck we fired all the dudes and didn't give the remaining guys enough time to do their job properly, what do we do now?"

pls clarify

SteveWFL

posted December 16, 2010 06:15 PM        
is it our jobs or responsibility to try and figure out "how and why" did they fvck up so bad with the ZX10?
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 16, 2010 06:20 PM        
No but it ain't even winter yet so we gots months to chew on it!

SteveWFL

posted December 16, 2010 09:20 PM        
76 and sunny here tomorrow, taking the HONDA out
CBR600RR track bike

Ignore this member   
fish_antlers

Administrator
The Truth is Out There
posted December 16, 2010 09:33 PM        
page 5 bitches!

MJ

Zone Head
posted December 16, 2010 11:07 PM        Edited By: MJ on 17 Dec 2010 07:09
quote:
page 5 bitches!
I was gonna get page 5 for you but I guess we both jumped the gun

Ignore this member   
watthecu

Zone Head
PissingContestHere
posted December 17, 2010 07:27 AM        
quote:
, and giving us a production run of fault free bikes that won't tarnish their reputation and frustrate buyers. As several folks have said, thats more than a lot of other companies would do. You can't really fault them for that. They screwed up, but they're handling it in the best way possible imo. I'd rather have a company tell me up front my new bike has an engine problem and we're going to give you another one rather than let the problem go and make me have to fight tooth and nail to get it fixed down the road (if the problem doesn't kill me first), or tell me that burning a quart of oil a ride is normal and live with it lol.

There you go. Best post yet, says 4-quartershort you making change into a chinese yuan. You fucking roundies!

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va [ This thread is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  -  11   Next» ] < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
Quick Reply:

Email Notification: Send all replies to your email address.
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Kawi orders dealers DO NOT SELL 10Rs NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2014 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.75313782692 seconds processing time