HOME ARTICLES JOIN GALLERY STORE SPONSORS MARKETPLACE CONTACT US  
Register | FAQ | Search | Memberlist
Username:    Password:       Forgot your password?
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Thanks Curt(Muzzy`s) NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted January 22, 2007 12:27 PM        Edited By: Stuart Racing on 22 Jan 2007 13:49
Thanks Curt(Muzzy`s)

Thanks to Curt at Muzzy's for helping me with this problem...
I thought I had an electrical problem and was going to order another P.C. because mine is an older model Commander...Thought it was acting up...I would crank up the bike in the morning to warm it up before going to work...It would cough,spit ,hesitate,ect. at 1800 to 2200 rpm's,and clear up anything pretty much above that....(a little)....I didn't even think it would be fuel related...I ran my fuel as low as it could until it started to feel like it was running out...Filled it up at a station that is always busy lots of fuel sales....No more problems..Thanks to Curt for giving me the idea...No more cheap gas stations for me....
Back to haulin ass....
Paul......

Ignore this member   
ninja12

Needs a job
posted January 24, 2007 01:38 PM        
Big up to Curt.
Nice to see Muzzy customer service on the up swing.
Glad you found a low cost fix also.

Ignore this member   
GUNNER

Needs a life
posted January 24, 2007 02:19 PM        
I try to always stay clear of mom and pop stations. And always try and use Shell fuel.
  Ignore this member   
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted January 24, 2007 03:46 PM        
Thanks guys....Water in the gas....Whooda thunk..Sure felt like electrical to me...
Mom and pop gas station was the culprit,you just never know until this happens to ya...It's happened before , but on a carb. bike...I could drain the carbs. and the tank pretty easily...But on this bike it's a little tougher....
See ya,
Paul.......

Ignore this member   
psycho1122

Pro
posted January 24, 2007 06:18 PM        
Always Cheveron Premium in Mine.

Ignore this member   
dougmeyer

Needs a job
moderated
posted January 24, 2007 07:34 PM        
Small gas tanks like on our bikes can get moisture from condensation fairly easy if you don't keep em full. I run a dose of Chevron Techroline through all my stuff a few times a year. You can also just dump in some alcohol - 1/4 cup should do - and it will dissolve the water into the gas.
D.

Ignore this member   
Outsiderzx12r

Zone Head
Street Racer
posted January 24, 2007 10:20 PM        
Wonder if there is another Curt working at Muzzys, certainly doesn't sound like the Curt that I have spoken with there on several occasions, he was a complete a$$....
  Ignore this member    Click here to visit OutsiderZX12R's homepage. 
Stuart Racing

Zone Head
N.H.R.A . Dragracing.
posted January 25, 2007 12:19 PM        
fuel

quote:
Small gas tanks like on our bikes can get moisture from condensation fairly easy if you don't keep em full. I run a dose of Chevron Techroline through all my stuff a few times a year. You can also just dump in some alcohol - 1/4 cup should do - and it will dissolve the water into the gas.
D.
I usually run Chevron,shell,or Ammaco(sp?)....I'll try the alchol if I run into this again....Some additives for water contam. have alchol in them I think....Thanks for the tip...
Don't know if there is a diffrent Curt or not ...But this guy was verry helpfull...He could have sold me $500.00 worth of stuff I didn't need and still would have had a problem with my bike....
Gonna keep my tank full,unless I'm going dragracing...
Paul.........

Ignore this member   
All times are America/Va < Previous Thread     Next Thread >
BIKELAND > FORUMS > ZX12R ZONE.com > Thread: Thanks Curt(Muzzy`s) NEW TOPIC NEW POLL POST REPLY

FEATURED NEWS   Bikeland News RSS Feed

HEADLINES   Bikeland News RSS Feed

Copyright 2000-2023 Bikeland Media
Please refer to our terms of service for further information
0.2092559337616 seconds processing time